“Weekend Getaway”

MotorCity Casino Hotel
Ranked #11 of 33 Hotels in Detroit
Reviewed 27 May 2012

We play and gamble at MotorCity Casino and because of that we get complimentary rooms. The rooms are nice and spacious with a modern updated look. I really like the look of the rooms because that it what makes or breaks a hotel in my opinion the look and feel of it. There is a separate valet service for hotel guest that is complimentary. There is also the D. Tour spa that is located on the lower level of the hotel. It features spa services that you can purchase. As well as perks for hotel guest. The fitness center is no charge for hotel guest and is open 24 hours a day. You can also enjoy the rain spa, Jacuzzi and sauna if you are a guest at the hotel with a day pass that you purchase.The day pass is very reasonable.The restaurant choices are all very good options. You can eat the the buffet, get a coffee, or burgers at one of the different restaurant choices. You can go eat, gamble, listen to live music or go to the spa and be back at your hotel room within minutes. It's a great mini relaxation or fun getaway. It's really what you make it. You have the options to do quite a few things here One last thing the beds are Super Comfortable! I'm going to look at who makes the beds when I go next time.Because I want one. They are that comfortable to me.

Room Tip: Go to the D. Tour Spa. Buy a day pass and use it for the jacuzzi, sauna and rain shower/bath!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Shanell411

Reviewed 19 May 2012 via mobile

We came here for a 2 day getaway. Rooms are clean and spacious. Staff is very friendly. Access to casino is simple from hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Baileyhound
Reviewed 19 May 2012

My grandma loves casinos and during our visit to Detroit I decided we'd go together. We went on Cinco de Mayo. You'd think that there would be major celebration and a lot of people winning but NOT SO MUCH; but it is a casino so you're bound to lose some money, no biggie. I was shocked to find out that while playing slots or any game for that matter you don't get free alcoholic drinks, only water and soda. That was really weird, of all the casinos Ive been to, in Vegas, New Orleans, Atlantic City, and even St Maarten, they all provide free alcoholic beverages to any playing client. But ok who cares right?! We tried not to let that bother us and decided to grab a drink at the bar, the blue one. The bartender was extremely rude so we took our business to the bar in the food court. That was the best decision we'd made all night. Petr, the bartender was wonderful. He offered us his Cinco de Mayo drink special and it was delicious. We both had two then headed back to our hotel. If it wasn't for Petr my rating would be terrible!! I don't plan to ever go back!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Jay B
Reviewed 7 May 2012

Upon arrival, the valet was gruff and the line to check in was long. They did bring more people to the front desk to reduce the line and it helped. Upon arrival to my room, the TV was on a random station (not the welcome screen that the staff tried to assure me was "normal" upon my complaint) and there was a phone charger cord laid across the made bed. I say made, but none of the sheets were tucked in around the mattress. You really got the impression that somebody had been lounging in the room prior to our arrival. On the postive side, the surpise dessert that I had preordered was in the room and well wrapped.
Upon further inspection, the room was not well cleaned. Dirt and dust were highly concentrated in areas just out of plain site (i.e. under the edge of the nightstand, etc.) I also found an old toothbrush in the bottom of the closet. None of these items were horrible by themselves, but taken together they add up to a systematic lack of a good cleaning regimen.
Lastly, the hotel was noisy well into the evening/early morning. I realize that many people come to a casino hotel to party, but the hotel goes out of its way to state there there is a quiet time after 11pm on a posted card in the room. I ended up turning the radio up in the room after midnight to block the hallway noise.
The staff members that we interacted with were very friendly and helpful from the front desk to the coffee shop to the security guards. The valet staff were a little less amicable but generally efficient with the vehicles.
The stay left me with enough questions to rule out future visits. The hotel is a good place to party for the evening and leave the next day with a hangover but they seem to want to make it more with the fine dining and the spa. They are not there yet.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the tall buildings of downtown for a better view.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank whereaminow14
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Overall this hotel has some nice features, but is a little 'rough' around the edges. This is one of those hotels that think they are better than they really are. Also, being just outside the main city area - there is nothing but the hotel/casino here, unlike the other casino/hotels in Detroit.
But where this hotel really falls short, and gets the low overall rating from me, is customer service, or rather the lack of it. Don't expect any issues that you have with service to be handled in a timely and professional way - the staff (front office manager in particular) has no respect for the customers, and think that they are there doing you a favor by letting you stay at their hotel.
Rooms are nice enough and are very large for a hotel, however house keeping could do a little better cleaning the rooms. The exhaust vents in the bathroom are full of dust and our shower had mold growing in the corner.
Dined at Iridescence which was okay, nothing to boast about, except for the view!!! We were a party of 7 and most ordered steak - NONE of them were cooked to our requested temperature, but they did offer to cook new ones.
Would not recommend to stay that this hotel - Greektown casino hotel is better.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Zigenbock
Reviewed 18 April 2012

Very clean and upscale rooms. Great friendly service. A pleasant surprise. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank David L
Reviewed 12 April 2012

I've been to the Motor City Casino on many occasions, but never stayed in the hotel. I must say, I was thoroughly impressed with the hotel. The room was clean. The furnishings are nice...I want the wall unit in my bedroom! The bathroom is impecabbly updated and I love the night lights which give the floors a little ambience. The Motor City Casino Hotel will be my little get away in the city. One thing I didn't like was that visitors have to check in with the front desk before being allowed to come up to the rooms. Guess there have been a few situations where unwanted visitors were knocking on the wrong doors or maybe Cheaters was in town. LOL Room service was expensive, but I was tired so I didn't mind. The food was excellent! $4 for a Mountain Dew...I should've gone to the store before I checked in.

Room Tip: Rooms on high floors provide the best views of the city
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends