The Westin Book Cadillac Detroit
US$194
US$184
Hotels.com
1,390 results
All reviewsboulevard roommichael symon's roastbeautiful hotelvalet parkingheavenly bedthe club loungecampus martiuspeople moverroom was spaciouslobby barhistoric buildingvalet serviceheart of downtowncomerica parkself parkopera houseford field
Reviewed 29 September 2011

My stay at the hotel was during the North American International Auto Show. While I had nothing to do with the event the staff was well prepared to take care of EVERY guest.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 September 2011

Stayed multiple nights at this hotel early this month. Clean, comfortable, quiet. Big bright bathrooms.
Decent gym. The lead restaurant, Roast, is pretty good, but the fine happy hour deals at the swanky bar are the deal. Beverages and a short list of food items are $3 or $4. The front desk staff are a bit distant, but who cares, and you don't get much by way of gratuities. But another key item for Starwood guests is the offer of 500 bonus Starwood points per day if you skip housekeeping. Overall, a nice, clean, modern hotel.

Room Tip: Go for a corner room, if possible. Even more bright and airy.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 September 2011

First of all, I have to say I was impressed with the Westin Book Cadillac's recent investments to upgrade the facility. Amidst the depressing landscape of much of Detroit, this hotel looks great and hopefully can help revitalize the surrounding area.

The rooms have been updated to more contemporary decor. I had a nice room that unfortunately overlooked a parking garage (not the best view) but the inside was great; decent TV, comfortable heavenly bed, spacious bathroom. Very much in-line with the current Westin look. It was a miss not to have any notepad or pen by the phone, but maybe the nearby Staples was closed.

The bar downstairs was lively and fun, though $25 for a glass of Lagavulin scotch is really excessive.

What really brought this hotel down, in my opinion, was the HORRIBLE valet service when parking one's car. The wait was literally a half-hour in duration, even when I called down prior, on three separate occasions. It was both understaffed (only one guy working on Sunday morning, with a line of angry people trying to get to the airport) as well as not staffed with competent people (they lost my car twice out of three attempts). Total mayhem. We almost missed our flight as a result. What's worse, the bellmen were really nice and articulate and put together, which contrasted further with the comedy act being run by the valet guys,

Unfortunately based on this experience I couldn't say that I would come back to this Westin, despite the room itself being fine.

Room Tip: make sure not to get a view overlooking the parking garage
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ladodgerone
Reviewed 26 September 2011

My husband and I stayed at The Westin while in Detroit for a Tiger's game. The hotel is stunning! The immaculate lobbies and common areas are only a prelude to the guest rooms. Even though we were given a handicap accessbile room the amenities were above average. The calming cool colors of the decor instantly relaxed me. The large flat screen pleased my husband and the extra large bathroom was a dream! But my favorite feature of the room was the bed. They boast of ther Heavenly bedding and towels and by my opinion they have every right. I curled up in the cloud of comfort and enjoyed a pre-game cat nap. The beds were so comfy. My husband was disappointed that we ended up with two beds but I secretly rejoiced. It was lovely to stretch out in the bed all by myself and that is the soundest night of sleep I have had in years! (we have two little ones so a good night's sleep in a rare commodity for this tired momma). We ordered room service at 11:30pm after returning from the game and the food was very good. Perhaps a bit pricey but you are in a 4 star hotel so what do you expect. But the price was reasonable for the quality and size of portions. We had Calamari and a Panini. We split both and were stuffed. My husband enjoyed the plush robe the next morning after his shower and I enjoyed the in rooms Starbucks coffee. We loved this hotel and would stay there a thousand times again!

Room Tip: We were on the 7th floor and there was a little bit of traffic noise...I would opt for a room on a higher floor.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2011

The West BC is a great hotel in downtown Detroit. The staff is very friendly and the rooms were large, modern and very clean. The only slightly negative aspect was expensive or inconvenient parking options. Despite that, this property is amazing and is a great example of Detroit's future!

• Stayed: August 2011