The Westin Book Cadillac Detroit
US$200
US$194
US$184
1,390 results
All reviewsboulevard roommichael symon's roastbeautiful hotelvalet parkingheavenly bedthe club loungecampus martiuspeople moverroom was spaciouslobby barhistoric buildingvalet serviceheart of downtowncomerica parkself parkopera houseford field
Reviewed 29 June 2012

This was my first time staying at a Westin (or a nicer hotel, in general) and it was very pleasant. The room was spacious and the bed was amazing. Huge bathroom with a double showerhead and nice toiletries. I had a room up on the 19th floor, which overlooked the river side. I actually was able to watch the fireworks from the window---extra excellent:) The hotel is also in close proximity to a lot of eateries and a cab ride to Greektown is really cheap. Actually, you don't really need a cab, but some people take caution when walking around Detroit. There is also a People Mover stop right across the street.
As for the food of the hotel: room service is obviously way more pricey than what it should be. The menu sounds great, but honestly, the food was kind of crap. Not worth the price at all. There is the hotel restaurant, which I forget the name of (Boulevard Room, I think), but I never ate there. 24 Grille is another restaurant connected to the hotel. Still a little pricey, but the food is much better. They have a great lunch menu and a very nice bar and outside eating area. The other retaurant is Roast--a Michael Symon joint. Obviously very pricey, but it was the best meal I had in Detroit. Again, Greektown is not far at all and there are a lot of places to eat, too. They also have a small coffee shop that serves Starbucks drinks. I normally don't like Starbucks, but the only decent thing you will get here is just a cup of coffee. I ordered a latte and it was pretty bad. I even asked for another shot of espresso and it was still just steamed milk. As a side note: Detroit is not really a coffee place. Even the smaller, independent coffee shops don't make very good drinks. No biggie, just more of an observation.
The Westin staff were great. Their Motor City bar is really nice--small bar, but lots of couches and comfy chairs. A very large cocktail menu and they serve good food.
All around, this is a great place to stay.

1  Thank queenchristina32
Reviewed 27 June 2012

I had a one night stay in Detroit and enjoyed my short time at the Westin Book Cadillac. I was greeted with excellent professional customer service at the front door, the front desk and with the housekeeping staff. The room was great and bed was awesome.

As I was waiting for directions, a disabled man approached the bellman (wish I had gotten his name). He was extremely polite, kind and courteous to this man who I am sure others have mistreated. The man was asking about a job at the hotel. He was treated with dignity as we all should be. It was so good to see this happen. KUDOS to the staff and this particular employee who knows that is good to respect others -- never know who is watching and will be writing.

1  Thank mikni2wri
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Clean, great shower, great bed, quiet, and staff that was very helpful. Not an especially exciting part of town, but so be it. Felt, overall, very well appointed, and a cozy haven. Recommended.

Reviewed 24 June 2012

When you walk in it looks like a Weston. That of course is not a bad thing, but I expected architectural charm on the inside. It is all tucked away in to the side room/bar which was lovely. I understand this was a massive renovation, but to walk in through such a grand exterior and see Westin modern (and again that is not a bad thing) was disappointing. The people behind the desk were exceptionally friendly and helpful, although some were very new to the city and did not know the way around. (The concierge was not around). Our room was extremely large and well appointed, although you would expect 2 bathrobes rather than 1 in a king size room.
The restaurant Roast was excellent.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2012

We had a lovely time staying at the Westin Book Cadillac Detroit. The staff there are attentive, and went out of their way to ensure our comfort. When calling the front desk, they always called us by name. This hotel has a great location, downtown within easy walking distance to all of Detroit's sports stadiums. This is a lovely hotel restored to it's glory. We will definately stay there again when we next visit Detroit.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple