Hotel St. Regis
Travelocity
US$179
US$151
Hotwire.com
All reviewsfisher buildingmotown museumclassic hotelwayne state universityhousekeeping staffan older hotelstarbucks coffeeice machinebed was very comfortablevalet parking ishotel restaurantcadillacdiawoodwardconcert
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 June 2013

First stay for the Orion Festival. Staff was almost perfect, especially the valet. With premium channels (HBO), clean room and great price, it's a must for travelers who don't want to spend a lot for a whole week-end in festival. You must use the valet service, but it's safe and fast when you want your car. I will probably return next year if Orion come back to Detroit.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
VictorMartin, General Manager at Hotel St. Regis, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us.

The Orion Festival is booked for 5 years in Detroit and we look forward to having you stay with us again next year!

Reviewed 31 May 2013

This was my first stay at the St. Regis and I will definitely return. It's nice to stay downtown where all the action is and not have to drive home. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly at check in and check out. The Sunday brunch had a nice selection and I enjoyed the chef making waffles and omelets, he was super friendly. Also the outdoor patio dining was open to dine at. I stayed on the 2nd floor and it was nice and quiet. The rooms seem very soundproof.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SusanAllisonB
VictorMartin, General Manager at Hotel St. Regis, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2013

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! Our entire team works hard to ensure that each and every guest has a great stay and we're certainly looking forward to your quick return.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

A lovely old sensitively restored hotel close to the Fisher Building. On a cold deserted weekend, it felt a bit like the Shining. I think I was the only guest ... an unfinished breakfast stood outside the room next door for two entire days. But the staff were really friendly and the rooms good. And it filled up during the week with what looked like potential students for nearby Wayne State University. Avoid the rooms at the rear which suffer air conditioning noise from a nearby building. The front rooms look out over the magnificent old General Motors HQ. They have a great deal with a local sports club which is worth checking out. The old Mowtown studio is a fifteen minute walk down the road.

A few downsides. The restaurant is terrible (one morning they only had eggs and oatmeal) and the area is a bit of a eating desert. There is however a great southern style eatery opposite; excellent breakfasts although closed after 5pm. The internet is laughably bad - one way to meet fellow guests is to walk around the hotel looking for a good signal.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the front of the hotel
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
VictorMartin, General Manager at Hotel St. Regis, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about the St Regis. As you noted, we have taken a great deal of care to restore the facility to it's original grandeur and we are proud of the outcome.

While it may have been a slow night when you arrived, we normally have a great mixture of guests from all over the world. I honestly don't know what issues there were with the breakfast during your stay as this is the first time I've heard of the problem. We carry a full and extensive menu for breakfast and I sincerely apologize if there was an issue on the morning you had breakfast. Please rest assured that I will speak with our team members to ensure that future guests don't have similar issues.

You will be glad to know that we have a high speed, fiber internet service on order which will make our facility one of the fastest internet hotel connections in the area. I'm confident that on your next stay in Detroit you will find the speed and reception to be exceptional.

Reviewed 19 May 2013

This was our third time at the St. Regis and we'll be back.
This time we stayed for a Tigers game.
The rooms are decent. The last time we were there our room was a little worn, but nothing of importance.
The entire hotel staff takes its job seriously and, clearly, management here believes in training. People act like they enjoy their jobs--not at all like so many hotels where everyone acts like they wished they worked someplace else.
All parking is valet parking and that costs $20 a night so don't forget to add that to the cost.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank joe4075
VictorMartin, General Manager at Hotel St. Regis, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words and for staying with us repeatedly. We are thankful for your business and will continue to work hard to ensure that your future stays are even more enjoyable.

Reviewed 16 May 2013

Here are facts: 1. The internet connection is worse than dial up. You just simple can't use it. 2. The air conditioning didn't work while I was there. 3. They charge you $10 (a night) if you want a mini fridge in your room. 4. The room TVs were purchased sometime during the 1980s - so count on a terrible picture quality. 5. I pulled back the comforter to find a nice big black hair in my bed. 6. Two pubic hairs were in the bathtub, and 7. The restaurant had a very small menu and (this is an opinion) the food was terrible.

I will say the hotel employees were very nice, but my stay was all around terrible.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank John I
VictorMartin, General Manager at Hotel St. Regis, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2013

I'm truly sorry that you had an unpleasant stay with us. Our entire team is dedicated to delivering the best in service and hospitality and it is truly disappointing to hear that we have failed to deliver on that promise.

The internet connection is currently being upgraded and I'm confident that you will be impressed with the speed the next time you're in our area.

I sincerely apologize for the hair you found. Our housekeeping staff normally receives compliments on the cleanliness of the guest rooms and I will re-inforce the importance of paying attention to detail to assure that future guests don't have similar issues.

Thank you for letting us know about the issues you found so that we can continue to improve our service.