Hotel St. Regis
US$179
US$155
Travelocity
US$165
All reviewsfisher buildingmotown museumclassic hotelwayne state universityhousekeeping staffan older hotelstarbucks coffeeice machinebed was very comfortablevalet parking ishotel restaurantcadillacdiawoodwardconcert
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I thought I would try the St. Regis as the hotels downtown were booked up. Big fail!

I thought the place was union, but the front desk informed me upon checking that it wasn't (it always used to be). One eager front desk attendant assured me that "the service is way better now". I would have left but I had already pre-paid a deposit. The room was clean enough (for the price) and whatever. The next day however, my room wasn't touched by housekeeping. Sleeping in my dirty room on the second night, I was awakened by two dudes power-washing the air vents on the restaurant roof at 1:30am. I called down to the front desk and they denied that it was even happening. Then someone checked and confirmed that indeed it was, and they asked me if I wanted to change rooms - which I declined to do because it was 2am or whatever.

Never again. I honestly felt like this place was out to get me. Dump. The staff were friendly however, even though this property fails to deliver on even some of the most basic guest expectations (a clean room and relative quiet? - nah). I wish I could post an audio file instead of a photo. It was like staying in a drive through car wash.

Room Tip: Don't book here at all until there is new management.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Pistilpete
Victor M, General Manager at Hotel St. Regis, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

I'm truly sorry for the issues encountered during your recent stay with us.
When night maintenance service is required, we normally see that any rooms which may be affected by noise are not rented and I sincerely apologize for missing your room.

Please rest assured that this is not the normal experience for our guests and I can assure you that we strive as an entire staff to ensure the best in hospitality services. I hope you will give us another chance so that you can experience the Great service that Hotel St Regis is known for.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We finally found a good place to stay in the city at a reasonable price. Great staff, very friendly! Nice room and great location. Big, comfortable bed, lots of pillows. Loved the neighborhood and the view. We will definitely stay there again!

3  Thank julie_mokma
Victor M, General Manager at Hotel St. Regis, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience. Our entire team is dedicated to providing the best in hospitality and guest services and it's always nice to hear that our efforts are appreciated.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Adequate sleeping hotel. The housekeeping staff need extensive training. They took our daily tip but the room was not thoroughly cleaned. Towels, toilet paper etc we're not replenished without asking, dust prevailed on the TV, it's console.

Room Tip: Note: cannot rate kid activities.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Dnb50

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I will ensure that the person who was responsible for your room is given more training to ensure that the¥ live up to our quality levels and assure you that yours was not a typical experience with our normally great housekeeping department.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I have been working in the hotel industry for years and this was by far the most friendly staff I have ever experienced!! The gumbo was spicy & excellent! The turkey burger and hand cut fries were so yummy!!!

Thank you LaMusique staff!! I will be back to stay again!

Go tigers!!

2  Thank Alipurdon

Thank you so much for your kind comments. I'm truly happy to see that you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to having you return again soon! I'm confident the Tigers will get back on the winning streak we've all come to expect.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Nice environment, good service and everyone very friendly. We were here for a convention and found that the extra help at the service desk that was organized very helpful to organize the groups of people that were arriving from different countries.

2  Thank Beenhereawhile_DB
Victor M, General Manager at Hotel St. Regis, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Our entire staff is dedicated to providing great customer service and appreciate hearing that our efforts are appreciated. We look forward to having you return soon!