“Great staff”
Review of Hotel St. Regis

Hotel St. Regis
Ranked #20 of 33 Hotels in Detroit
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We went to Detroit to attend a convention and stayed at the St Regis for a full week. The staff was very friendly and caring, even though there were some 200 delegates, in addition to the regular guests. We loved our week there.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Victor M, General Manager at Hotel St. Regis, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Our entire staff enjoyed having your group stay with us and I was happy to read that you had a pleasant stay. I will pass along your comments to our staff to show how much their caring service is appreciated.

There are newer reviews for Hotel St. Regis

Reviewed 1 August 2014

We stayed 6 nights at the St Regis and were happy with our stay. All the staff from the Valet to the Dining room staff were friendly and helpful. We had free Wi-Fi and a clean and comfortable room with a king bed. Starbucks coffee in the room was an added bonus.The hotel was built in the 1960's and has an old-school feel about it. No microwave or refrigerator in the room. Although they are available for an extra 10 dollar fee. We enjoyed the meals we had in the restaurant. The area around the hotel is a little run down, like most of Detroit these days. The police station a block away helped us feel safe. You can walk to the historic Fisher building without going outside. There is a good chicken and waffle joint across the street. We enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less noise from the events held in the ballroom.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay with us. I was happy to see you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to having you return in the near future to experience the revitalization that is going on in the area.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Stayed just one night at the St Regis, last night. It's in New Centre, which is a good 2 miles from downtown Detroit. It's in a pretty desolate area - apparently business during the day, but desolate at night.

On the good side, the lunch was quick, hearty - like all US meals - and tasty. The internet connection is great, and the concierge staff were welcoming and informative. Except about their own hotel.

On the downside, the place is a little worn. Little things like the lights in the elevator call buttons not working - making you wonder if it's ever going to arrive or not. My colleague and I tried to have dinner in the restaurant, being so far from anywhere, but when we asked to order at 9:20pm, we were told the chef had spat the dummy and was not taking any more orders, the waitress couldn't cope, and the front desk didn't know what to do. There was a convention in town, and the whole place seemed to fall apart under the pressure of a modest amount of guests requiring attention.

They did however recommend a great little bar nearby, Northern Lights Lounge. If you have to stay at the St Regis, and it IS well priced, this is the place to go for a great meal and welcoming environment.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank sk4nder
Victor M, General Manager at Hotel St. Regis, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience at The Hotel St. Regis. I was happy to read that you enjoyed your lunch and the friendliness of the staff.

I sincerely apologize that the restaurant closed early on the night you mentioned. Please rest assured that this was a highly unusual event as our chef on duty was informed that his uncle had just died in an automobile accident. I hate to offer excuses since our job is to ensure that internal issues don't affect our guests, but wanted to mention it so that you were aware that this is an isolated problem that certainly isn't the norm for our facility.

I do hope you can come back and stay with us again in the near future to see our normal level of guest service.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

I thought I would try the St. Regis as the hotels downtown were booked up. Big fail!

I thought the place was union, but the front desk informed me upon checking that it wasn't (it always used to be). One eager front desk attendant assured me that "the service is way better now". I would have left but I had already pre-paid a deposit. The room was clean enough (for the price) and whatever. The next day however, my room wasn't touched by housekeeping. Sleeping in my dirty room on the second night, I was awakened by two dudes power-washing the air vents on the restaurant roof at 1:30am. I called down to the front desk and they denied that it was even happening. Then someone checked and confirmed that indeed it was, and they asked me if I wanted to change rooms - which I declined to do because it was 2am or whatever.

Never again. I honestly felt like this place was out to get me. Dump. The staff were friendly however, even though this property fails to deliver on even some of the most basic guest expectations (a clean room and relative quiet? - nah). I wish I could post an audio file instead of a photo. It was like staying in a drive through car wash.

Room Tip: Don't book here at all until there is new management.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Pistilpete
Victor M, General Manager at Hotel St. Regis, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

I'm truly sorry for the issues encountered during your recent stay with us.
When night maintenance service is required, we normally see that any rooms which may be affected by noise are not rented and I sincerely apologize for missing your room.

Please rest assured that this is not the normal experience for our guests and I can assure you that we strive as an entire staff to ensure the best in hospitality services. I hope you will give us another chance so that you can experience the Great service that Hotel St Regis is known for.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We finally found a good place to stay in the city at a reasonable price. Great staff, very friendly! Nice room and great location. Big, comfortable bed, lots of pillows. Loved the neighborhood and the view. We will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank julie_mokma
Victor M, General Manager at Hotel St. Regis, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience. Our entire team is dedicated to providing the best in hospitality and guest services and it's always nice to hear that our efforts are appreciated.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Adequate sleeping hotel. The housekeeping staff need extensive training. They took our daily tip but the room was not thoroughly cleaned. Towels, toilet paper etc we're not replenished without asking, dust prevailed on the TV, it's console.

Room Tip: Note: cannot rate kid activities.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Dnb50

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I will ensure that the person who was responsible for your room is given more training to ensure that the¥ live up to our quality levels and assure you that yours was not a typical experience with our normally great housekeeping department.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I have been working in the hotel industry for years and this was by far the most friendly staff I have ever experienced!! The gumbo was spicy & excellent! The turkey burger and hand cut fries were so yummy!!!

Thank you LaMusique staff!! I will be back to stay again!

Go tigers!!

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Alipurdon

Thank you so much for your kind comments. I'm truly happy to see that you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to having you return again soon! I'm confident the Tigers will get back on the winning streak we've all come to expect.