“Convenient, with great service”

The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport
Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in Detroit
GreenLeadersGold level
Ontario, Canada
“Convenient, with great service”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We were able to secure a good rate by booking two weeks in advance. Staff are very helpful and welcoming. The front desk agent saw that I was struggling with my luggage as my partner was waiting with the rest of our bags. She assigned me a room right near where my partner was standing. Nice touch.

We haven't had the energy to try any of the amenities, but they look great. They will provide you with gym clothes if you don't have any. That's the extra mile service that is to be expected of this hotel. The beds are well-known for their comfort. Wake-up calls are provided on time. Rooms aren't noisy even considering the location and layout of the hotel (it surrounds an atrium).

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Paul D, Manager at The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for the kind words. I think our Front Desk team is amazing too and I'm so glad they were able to assist you. Hope to see you again soon.

Director of Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (312)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Champaign-Urbana, Illinois
Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

After two flight cancellations I had to find a room for the night so I was already miserable. Shocked to find out the rate of $359 which I felt was taking advantage of numerous flight cancellations. If that is truly the rack rate it is still overpriced. Room was marginal and well worn with a nice broken lamp on the bed table. Real classic. Total one night stay was over $400 with taxes and cannot think of the last time I wasted that much money on a room. Have used Westin extensively in the Chicago area and always happy with rates and service. This was highway robbery and just added to my already miserable day.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Steve D
Paul D, Manager at The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I'm so sorry to hear that we didn't meet your expectations. We truly understand how difficult it can be to have a flight unexpected cancelled during a long trip. Our intent is to offer a great value for the cost incurred, but we unfortunately failed to do so in this case. Please feel free to reach me directly at paul.dinapoli@westin.com, as I'd be more than happy to help you in any way I can. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

Stayed the night before our early morning flight to Florida. We used the option of going beyond the security check point which is located in the hotel by the front desk and had dinner in the airport terminal. You need to see a police officer first that is at the gate then present yourself to the TSA and get a full pat down and off you go.

The room was clean, comfortable and we could not hear any planes loud enough the wake us during the night.

This hotel is the ultimate in convenience when flying Delta out of Detroit and will be returning.

3 Thank Miller-Time-CDN
Paul D, Manager at The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind words and we're so pleased to have you back with us. Our terminal access and location are truly hard to beat and we hope to see you soon.

Bowie, Maryland
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I had stayed here before and really love the proximity to the terminal. This time, I arrived too early in the day to avoid the natural sunlight - oh dear. Stains on the walls, chipped furniture, scraped paint. The common areas are beautifully kept (nice workout area), beautiful lobby; but the rooms need to be updated - paint, wallpaper, etc. The room was very clean and the bed was up to Westin standards. Just looks better with lamps as opposed to sunlight!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

We're so sorry to hear of your experience and we'll be sure to address the items that you mentioned. If you wouldn't mind, I'd love to hear from you regarding the specific details and location. I can be reached at paul.dinapoli@westin.com.

Windsor
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I decided to try a little step up from my usual park/stay/fly routine at Detroit Metropolitan Airport this year. I have stayed at several places over the years with mixed results. The Westin offered valet parking and the hotel is directly connected to the airport. Since this winter has been much colder with much more snow than usual, I didn't really want to come back from vacation and have to clean a foot of snow off of my truck so I decided to try the Westin.

We pulled up right out front of the hotel, took our luggage and were given a valet ticket. Simple, quick and easy. No looking for a parking spot. No smelly shuttle busses. No crowds. No freezing our butts off.

Arrival and check in was quick and easy with very courteous staff. The room we were assigned was directly over the cocktail lounge in open lobby. Since I'm a very light sleeper, I called the front desk and asked if another room was available. I was told that they would check into it for me and would get back to me. Within 2 minutes, really 2 minutes, there was a knock at the door and we were given keys to another room.

The room was modern looking, spotless and smelled clean. The bed was very comfortable and the linens were soft, smooth and luxurious. The shower was clean and had just the right amount of pressure.

My biggest concern prior to arrival was the potential for noise since the hotel was right at the airport. I was in the room from 10pm until 7am and I didn't hear a single plane. Amazing soundproofing. I also didn't hear other guests in the hallway or closing doors.

The next morning, we walked directly from our room to the airport without having to go out into the cold. That's a nice treat since we were going to a tropical destination and the temperature in Detroit was 8 degrees F. We wore our shorts and tshirts right from the beginning without having to change on the plane or in an airport.

On returning to Detroit, I texted my valet ticket number as we left the US Customs area. By the time we rode the 4 escalators to the hotel level, I saw my truck pulling up in front of the hotel. 15 steps across the sidewalk was all it took to be on our way. The temperature outside was 16 degrees F but the truck was already warming up. This is truly the way to go.

Overall, I was very impressed with the Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. It looks like you had a wonderful time and we can't wait to have you come back!

East Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for one night before leaving for a trip. On the plus side, the hotel is extremely convenient and the parking package was wonderful. On the down side, our bed smelled like urine, which was disgusting and made it hard to sleep. Equally bad was the 2:00 am "wake-up call" from the escort knocking on our door looking for her client. Seriously. The hotel gave us a $7 credit (yes, $7) for our inconvenience. I'm not sure the convenience factor will ever convince us to stay here again.

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank MSUmom92
Dear Valued Guest,

I'm am incredibly sorry to hear of your experience and your was obviously not a Westin experience. I promise to make it up to you and it would be my sincere pleasure to speak with you directly. I can be reached at paul.dinapoli@westin.com.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night for a business meeting and was very impressed. The entrance to the hotel is directly from the Delta gates. Even more convenient is that TSA provides security checkpoint directly from lobby. The TSA hours are limited so check times. The restaurant is very nice with very friendly staff. Food was excellent - I had the salmon for dinner.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and we're so pleased that you enjoyed the great service - and great salmon! Hope to see you again soon.