“Convenient Airport Hotel”

The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport
Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in Detroit
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 21 March 2014

The Westin Hotel is actually integrated into and forms part of the terminal at Detroit Airport, which makes it very convenient when transiting through the airport. Reception is helpful and expedited the check-in / check- out process. There is I a large atrium area, where the restaurant and bar are located and also direct access to the airport security channel. The rooms are large and comfortable, with everything you need for a few days stay, including active views of the airport, good sound proofing, and the beds are comfortable and provide a restful nights sleep. Albeit the room cleaning is hit and miss. Breakfast and dinner menu(s) are not too exciting but offer something for most tastes, although a little expensive. The bar area is small and can get very busy and congested and there are too few seats in the atrium area. There are no other options when it comes to eating as all of the restaurants are in the passenger area of the airport, no access to the public, so the hotel has a captive audience! There is a business centre that charges for printing at a ridiculously high rate. I would stay here again and recommend it to others...

Room Tip: Higher floors overlooking the airport operations.....there is nothing else to look at...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Paul D, Manager at The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for providing such a detailed description of your experience and we truly appreciate your feedback. Yes, our restaurant and bar do tend to get busy at times, as our new Dema Sous Chef Andrew is doing an amazing job.

We hope to see you agin soon.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

I was looking forward to the trip as the thought of getting off the plane and walking down the concourse to my hotel and meeting room sounded so simple. And it was. I flew on Delta and my gate was a few feet away from the hotel entrance.

The meeting room was excellent. Upon arrival to the room there was beverage service that included soda, water, coffee, tea, etc. There was also a lunch menu. The staff checked on us frequently. Internet access was solid.

The room was also very nice. The view was of the tarmac which was unusual and I enjoyed seeing the planes. The rooms were truly soundproofed as promised and it was a quiet nights sleep. The TV was excellent and internet service was, again, solid. Lastly the club level breakfast had an array of fresh fruit, breakfast breads, and appropriate beverages. It was a good quality lay out. Staff was nice. It was a good stay.

Also, got a special security pass to walk around the airport that evening. It was a different kind of way to spend an evening.

Room Tip: Check out a view of the tarmac.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Paul D, Manager at The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for describing your experience and we're so pleased that you enjoyed your visit. I'm glad we provided a pleasant experience and we do hope to see you again.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Does not get anymore convenient for business travel then this, walk from your gate to hotel in 5 minutes! Then better yet, you have your own security gate to renter the airport when you leave and there is never a crowd. They also having boarding pass printers I the lobby.
Rooms and beds are quite comfortable as well.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Paul D, Manager at The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

I'm so pleased (yet not surprised) that you had an enjoyable time with us. We do our best to be the ideal business travel destination and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

I was flying on a weekend and my flights were cancelled numerous times because of snow. I did not want to sleep in the terminal. So I got online and booked a room at the Westin Metro Airport. It's right in the terminal. The bed was comfortable and the room was very quite. I was well rested in the morning.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

We truly understand how difficult it can be when flights are cancelled unexpectedly. We were so happy to be here for you and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

I figured a Westin at the airport would be convenient. If you aren't flying Delta forget it. No signage in airport for location or shuttle. Not enough people at check in or anywhere. Even the front desk is
possible to find. And no hello how are you. She just shoved the key in my face. It is a Westin so it is nice but I am shocked.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank dcmchi

Dear Valued Guest,

I'm very sorry to hear that you had a delay with the Welcome experience that we provided. We due our very best to anticipate our guests needs and expectations and we apologize for falling short of that goal. We do hope you'll give us another try and please feel free to reach out to me directly if I can help you in any way.

paul.dinapoli@westin.com

Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

I guess the saying "the truth is in the details" is right!

Being a top level member with SPG for the last ten years, I know what to expect from a Westin. Boy did I make a mistake! When I read that the club lounge served breakfast and evening snacks/drinks, I took it as they were like ALL Westin hotels. FAIL!

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Beanbag109
Paul D, Manager at The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback and we're truly sorry that we failed to meet your expectations. Please know that we're always here to assist you in any way we can and we do hope you'll give us another try. Please feel free to reach out to me directly, as it would be my pleasure to discuss your situation further.

paul.dinapoli@westin.com

Reviewed 8 March 2014

I finally decided to give the Westin another chance and I am glad I did. Our experience was excellent from start to finish. The valet parking was friendly and efficient, and check in and out was a breeze. The staff that helped us with our luggage was great and you couldn't ask for a more convenient hotel if you are flying with Delta from DTW. Security through the hotel was also so much easier than through the terminal (we were the only ones there). It made travelling with a young one so much easier and was definitely worth the extra cost. We will definitely be back!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank CANTRAVELS

Dear Valued Guest,

We're thrilled that you returned as well and we do hope to see you again soon.

Safe Travels,