“Excellent stay, great deal” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport
Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in Detroit
GreenLeadersGold level
Shelby Township, Michigan
“Excellent stay, great deal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

I was extremely pleased with my stay at the Westin. My wife and I purchased the Park and Fly deal--we stayed 1 night at the hotel and had 10 days of valet parking included, this was a great deal. The valet drop-off was a breeze, there were plenty of valet people around to pick up my car. Incidentally, if you are not flying out of the McNamara terminal there is a free shuttle bus to and from the North terminal. Our check-in took a little bit longer than I would have liked but we did have an extremely late check-in time, so it wasn't a huge deal. The lobby of this hotel is beautiful--it was inviting and state of the art.

Our room was excellent. The bedding and mattress were soft and clean. All furniture in the room looked brand new and spotless. The bathroom was clean, and had a brand new shower head and faucets. The room was well-stocked with soft towels too. The room also included a coffee maker, iron, safe, and a big closet.

Upon our return trip it was very easy to pick up our car, it didn't take longer than 15 minutes and the valet driver helped load our luggage too. Nothing was missing from my car or anything; it was returned exactly as I dropped it off.

Overall--I will definitely be staying at this hotel again. The Park and Fly deal is excellent, and everything about my stay was enjoyable.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chad1640
Paul D, Manager at The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed our Rest and Jet package, as well as your overall experience! That is truly what we hope for and we look forward to seeing you again.

Director of Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (307)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

Located in the Detroit Airport. Confusing layout to reach check in desk from Valet parking stand. The rooms are simple but immaculate. Very comfortable bedding. Quietest airport hotel I have ever been in. Small pool, with a tiny hot tub. Nice restaurant in lobby. Valet parking a deal when using a park and fly rate at the hotel.

Room Tip: Check that pool towels are available before getting wet. they were often in short supply.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for describing your experience as you entered our hotel. We'll be sure to readdress our signage to help enhance your arrival experience next time you're here. I'm glad you enjoyed your overall stay and we hope to see you again soon.

Rochester Hills, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

My wife and I stay here all the time and love this place (we live in Detroit suburb) and decided to try the Park/Sleep/Fly package for our Europe trip (great deal as its valet and you drop off car at delta Mcnamara terminal and you walk into hotel. . . Valet I think normally goes for 25-30 bucks a night and this deal is 10 days of valet parking!)

Pros: hotel tucked within the Delta Mcnamara terminal with its own TSA security gate (which is always empty so you breeze into the airport)
Park/Sleep/Fly deal which is amazing deal and really convenient (beats the 10 big blue parking which requires you to take a shuttle if you are flying delta etc)

Rooms are spacious and nicely furnished with Westin heavenly beds and typical nice Westin amenities

Friendly, attentive service (we are SPG platinum and they honored my requests .. .high floor and corner room) and we always get something to eat and drink at DEMA and Kim at night and Maureen during day were all great, attentive, friendly, and great people to talk to .. . .kudos to management for hiring people with amazing customer skills!

Love the gym, pool and whirlpool area (there are marble restrooms even in the pool area!)
The public spaces are great and exude tranquility (you forget you are at Airport terminal and the rooms are soundproof so you dont hear any plane noise etc)

Cons: DEMA can be a bit expensive . . .

Bottom line this is the best hotel in detroit airport area .. .. you cant beat its convenience and the service and rooms are top notch.. .no surprise we are repeat customers!

Room Tip: Get high floor and rooms with atrium view are great if you want the illusion that u are somewhere el...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RonanJordi
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of our property and associates. I specifically enjoyed your commentary about Maureen and Kim in our Dema Bar, as we're all hugh fans of theirs too!

We hope to see you again soon.

Okemos, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

Checked in so we could catch an early flight in the morning. No queen rooms available so booked two king rooms and requested rollaways for the kids. Also called in advance for roll aways. Again requested at check in where they noted the request was in the reservation and beds were probably already in the room. Not the case. Had to call for the roll aways beds. And call again. And call again. Finally got a roll away for one room and was told they had to make it up and that's why it took so long. So I said to skip the roll away and just bring sheets and bedding for the couch. Probably would have gotten more sleep staying in my own bed and driving to the airport early. Wasted time and money.

• Stayed April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Paul D, Manager at The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We were so happy to have you with us and I completely understand your frustration. Our service is typically much faster than what you had received and I do hope you'll give us another chance in the future. Please reach out to me directly and I'll be more than happy to customize your stay during a future visit. Hope to hear from you soon.

paul.dinapoli@westin.com
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

The hotel is right in the delta terminal of the airport. Free shuttle buses for other Detroit terminals. The hotel has a supplies shop, where u can buy some basic stuff. The food is nice, however, quite expensive. Rooms are rather big, some of them have the view on the planes. The swimming pool is small, but Better then nothing. They have jacuzzi and gym as well.

• Stayed December 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Paul D, Manager at The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for describing the amenities that we offer here at the Westin. We're pleased that you enjoyed our Dema Restaurant and we do hope to see you again.

Saline, MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

My husband and I book the Park/Sleep/Fly package which includes the 10 days valet parking every time we travel. A week ago we stayed at the Westin again and it was as enjoyable as the previous stays. The rooms are spacious, the amenities generous, and the front desk staff always courteous and friendly.We never use the Westin special Security gate because we arrive too late for that and have flights too early. Most of the time we eat at the DEMA restaurant which has good food, but is on the expensive side. I just wish the menu would change more often because we end up eating the same thing each time. Looking forward to our next Westin Detroit Airport stay.

Room Tip: While not all rooms have views, they all are sound proof and airplane noises are at a minimum to non...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for returning, as well as providing such wonderful and helpful feedback. I'll be sure to pass along your thoughts to our Dema Sous Chef Andrew. He's extremely talented and I'm sure we'll have some options for you next time.

Safe Travels,

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

I really enjoy my stay at this hotel just that the wifi was extremely slow and I am am business man so wifi is essential for me. Other that that this hotel has a perfect location and is very convenience when traveling. Very comfortable beds. A little pricy

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback and we apologize for the slow speed of the wifi on your particuliar stay. Our entire system was recently updated and I'm certain that the issue you mentioned has been resolved. Please feel free to reach out to me if I can be of further assistance.

We hope to see you again soon.