“Delivered on their promise”

The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport
Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in Detroit
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My family was travelling and ended up in Detroit after delays and cancellations. Upon landing I called the Westin to secure a room as it was 1:30 am and rooms were at a premium. The manager told me he had one room left and he would hold it. He did not take my credit card only my name. When we arrived at the hotel the room was held in addition they made it easy for my husband to get in after he collected bags and they quickly brought a minibar key to the room as we had not eaten. The room was beautiful and the service was outstanding. Thank you for ending a terrible travel experience on such a positive note.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Paul D, Manager at The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

We were so happy to be here for you during your unexpected stay in Detroit. We understand that travelling can be difficult and are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay.

Director of Operations

Write a ReviewReviews (1,431)

Reviewed 27 May 2014

This was my 4th or 5th time at this hotel and it always delivers. You can't beat the location. Attached to the DTW airport we often stay here when we have a flight that comes in late or leaves early.

I'm a Westin girl and always stay with this chain whenever possible but there is something special for me about this hotel. The lobby area is very calming - a stark contrast to the airport next door.

Plus the place is totally soundproofed. You would think staying at the airport would be loud but I've had some of my most restful nights at this hotel.

They also have great service, a nice workout facility and a small pool. Don't even think about another airport hotel - STAY HERE!

Room Tip: Complimentary water bottles on the SPG level.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Loyal Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We sincerely appreciate your loyalty and we can't thank you enough for your kind commentary. We hope to see you again very soon.

Director

Reviewed 20 May 2014

This hotel is connected to the terminal at Detroit Metropolitan Airport. It is actually a really nice hotel. The rooms vary in size, but some are quite large. All are very modern and clean. The restaurant is outstanding -- good food and nice atmosphere. It is expensive, but is much nicer than a typical airport hotel. I've stayed here several times, the first time when my flight was unexpectedly canceled (which is when I discovered it). The location is good for traveling; otherwise, there is nothing nearby and you will need a car.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade. Sometimes you will get it.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Paul D, Manager at The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

We're thrilled that you discovered us and are so happy to have you return. Our Dema Restaurant offers amazing cuisine and I'm glad you enjoyed our new menu. Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

After a long trip in from Tokyo, we needed a place to shower and recharge our batteries (both physically and electronically). We cleared customs and headed to the Westin. Upon arrival, we were greeted at check-in by name and I knew we were home. The room and bath were clean and bright, and the shower had great water pressure. The best surprise was the "Heavenly Bed". I laid down for a few minutes and was fast asleep quickly. I heard no airport noise. It was a good thing I had asked for a wake-up call! Although the in-house TSA security was closed when I left, I was still able to quickly make my way through the regular check, which was a short walk away. I highly recommend this hotel, whether for a few hours rest after a long trip, or as a preflight accomodation prior to an early flight. For me, it was worth every cent! I will return to this hotel.

Room Tip: You can book the prepaid option to save some money.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Paul D, Manager at The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback and we're glad to welcome you after such a long journey. From Welcome to Farewell, we're here to offer a refreshing and renewing experience. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

The location is very handy for Delta flights, note the special access to/from the terminal is only if you have no checked bags.
The rooms were spacious and modern; paying for wifi is annoying especially when it is free throughout the terminal building.
Service was friendly and efficient, valet parking worked well, as did storing a suitcase while we were away.
The restaurant is good, the adjoining bar is very cramped and noisy for meals after the restaurant closes; would be better if the bar could overflow into the restaurant after it closes.
If you can get a reasonable price this is an excellent choice for flying out of Detroit.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank bruce14
Paul D, Manager at The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for being our guest and we're pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. Your comments were extremely helpful and we'll be sure to take your feedback into concideration. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I stayed at this property for one evening in connection with a brief business trip to Detroit. The hotel made what could have otherwise been a very unpleasant experience very seamless and easy. You access the hotel from inside the airport directly (we were traveling in the winter during bad weather so this was an extra plus). The check in line was a bit long but moved quickly. The hotel restaurant food was pretty decent so was a great option since it was late and we were not otherwise going to venture out. Rooms were clean, comfortable and a lot less noisy from air traffic than I expected them to be (I am VERY particular as a reference). The hotel has a street exit where you can get cabs and other transportation easily. You can re-enter the airport through the hotel which has its own security and generally avoid all lines. All super easy. If I were traveling to Detroit on business again, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank amznyc

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Your comments were extremely helpful and we're extremely pleased that you enjoyed your visit. We hop to see you again soon.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I recently flew with Delta to Las Vegas and our group of 4 stayed here the night before. If your flying with Delta it's even more convenient as you walk out of the hotel and directly into the terminal, it would take you 5 min from hotel checkout to reach the Delta counters.

Parking was a breeze the valet service was simple and efficient.

The rooms are new, clean and on the larger side when comparing hotel rooms. The beds as with all Westin's are absolutely magic!!! I have yet to sleep in a better bed then with what Westin provides.

If your doing an airport hotel in Detroit this property is a must!! It's going to be a bit more money but well worth the price for location, service and comfort!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Paul D, Manager at The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We're so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and all of the amenities that we have to offer. We hope to see you again soon.