“Nice Hotel”

GreenLeadersGold level
Leawood, Kansas
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Location very convenient, checkin through security was a breeze, rooms were nice: updated, big, comfy bed. The staff was very nice and friendly every step of the way. Would stay again for sure. Pleasant surprise. The decor was nice and hotel lobby was pleasant. You had no idea the airport was there.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Paul D, Manager at The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the kind words about our associates, as they are "nice and friendly every step of the way". I'm very proud of them and I'll be sure to pass on the kind words.

Director of Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (315)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Brook Park, Ohio
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Every time we fly out of DTW, we stay overnight here! I cannot say enough how convenient it is to get up, and catch your flight! We love to have a room that looks out onto the Tarmac so we can watch the planes right outside the window. The great thing is, you do not hear any of the airport noise, it is super quiet! Always clean, and super friendly staff. Westin never leaves me disappointed!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful discription of our property and associates! I'm awefully proud of the and I'll be sure to pass on the kind words.

Be Well,

Santa Barbara
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Like a lot of the reviewers, I got a night at the Westin after United cancelled my flight. After a hectic afternoon of delays and confusion, the hotel was a real oasis of calm.

Once inside the facility, it is quiet, relaxing and comfortable. The staff is experienced in dealing with frazzled travelers, and they quickly assigned me to a room and got me on my way. The rooms are up to par with what you expect from Westin - fully outfitted and decorated in good taste. I didn't ask, but it looked like the hotel has been recently renovated.

The next morning, there is a security checkpoint next to the front desk, so it is easy to be at the heart of the airport gates (at least for Delta) less than 5 minutes after picking up your final statement. I don't know enough about Detroit to know if it is convenient to other attractions, but if you ever have to spend a night before an early flight, or survive the sudden cancellation of any flight, I highly recommend the Westin at Detroit Metro.

Room Tip: Rooms that look over the atrium are probably quieter than those that face the runways.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

We were so happy to be here for you during your unexpected flight cancellation. It was our pleasure to welcome you here and we hope to see you again in the future.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 1 June 2014

The hotel was a lifesaver after Delta cancelled our flight after 4 hours for a layover. Room was comfortable and plush. My only issue was that the agent stated he only had rooms with walk in showers.The room was for someone disabled, which is not exactly as a walk in shower. Lastly the servers at the restaurant don't exactly move swiftly even after you tell them that you have a flight to catch. Also it was a little awkward that the server tells me that the chef would need to run downstairs to get baguettes for the french toast that I already ordered.

Room Tip: Don't ask for a walk in shower
Green Features: Funny you ask. I was surprised to not see enough recycling bins and none for cans.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your commentary and we were so happy to be here for you during your unexpected visit. We hope to see you agin soon.

Be Well,

Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 30 May 2014

The airport Westin is all about rolling out of bed and catching your flight. Other than that, it's unremarkable, especially for the price. The rooms and bathrooms are no better than a three-star hotel and there was trash underneath the nightstand so clearly the room hadn't been cleaned that well.
The restaurant was really good though.
Their marketing says you can go into the terminal without a boarding pass as a Westin guest, but don't bother unless you like a full-body pat down and I do mean full body. It was ridiculous considering I have a KTN.
Would I stay here again? Probably not. I'd rather save some money and use an off-airport hotel's shuttle.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you very much for your feedback, as we truly appreciate it. I'm so sorry to hear of the cleanliness issue that you mentioned and we'll be sure to address. However, I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed our Dema Restaurant and we hope to see you again.

Detroit
Reviewed 29 May 2014

If you would like a drink or an appetizer before or after a flight (before you go through security) this is an excellent choice. When I drop my Mom off for a flight, I park valet, we have drinks and food and I walk her to the security. Since we dined at the bar, the valet is free. Bar is cozy and bartenders are friendly. Very convenient.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for the kind response and I'm so pleased that you have enjoyed your experiences with us. We look forward to seeing you and your mom in the future.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Easily the most convenient hotel at DTW. No shuttle hassle, Delta kiosks and TSA entry to concourse is right next to the lobby. Beautiful, serene restaurant and bar. Extremely friendly, accommodating front desk personnel.

Room Tip: Tarmac rooms have a fun view of the airplanes and are still quiet
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate your kind feedback, as we know that a wonderful reception team and relaxing environment are extremely important. We look forward to seeing you again soon.