“Westin DTW is Great!” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
A TripAdvisor Member
“Westin DTW is Great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2006

I stayed at the Westin DTW for one night 30 June. Check-in was very fast and I loved the airport exit to the hotel directly off the A concourse. The "heavenly" bed was indeed heavenly, and I slept very well with little airport noise. The hotel decor is asian modern an very clean looking. Pool was nice (but small) and the spa-whilrpool was only warm. Definitely recommend! I was through the dedicated security to the airport in about 2 minutes!

Stayed June 2006
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (307)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Boston, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2006

I am a Hilton HHONORS Diamond and a Marriott Reward Gold member - I stay in ALOT of hotels all the time. You'd think my favorite hotel would be a boutique hotel or a top-tier hotel (W, Ritz, Four Seasons), but I have to say, this Westin is my favorite hotel. Period.

Why? Rooms are upgraded, clean and the bedsand showers are fantastic (heaven bed? dream bed? I forget what they call it). The lobby is inviting (feng shui?) and the people are helpful. But it is the small things that make a difference for the business traveller. I've stayed here 6 times, and each time has been problem-free and usually leaving me better off than I arrived...
- Originally planning to go home, I had an unexpected meeting the next day. I arrived late at night (1am) with no clean clothes. The front desk person took the shirt off my back and had my shirt cleaned and pressed for 7am the next morning - no charge. (Nicely tip the bellman who brings it to you!)
- I arrived from Asia late with a connection in the morning. The front desk person saw how exhausted I was and upgraded me to a suite on the executive floor (I booked a basic room). They had a hostess bring me a quick breakfast the next morning with a note from the manager hoping my short sleep was revitalizing.
- I woke up and had a meeting from my room that ran late. I called the concierge who checked me into my NWA flight and checked me out of the hotel. He had my ticket ready as I ran out. The direct entrance to the airport was also a big time saver.

All in all, this is a great hotel...

• Stayed May 2006, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank mmmanic
Grand Blanc, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2006

Great hotel. Booked it online for an early morning flight out of metro airport. The beds were the best hotel beds I have ever slept on. The showers were fantastic as well. Plus, I had a cool outside view to the tarmac where I could watch planes pull up to and leave the gate.

Pricing seems to be hit and miss. I booked it for $80 online (a fantastic bargin) when I stayed. However, 5 months later, I had a late international arrival at the airport and wanted to stay the night before driving home. For the same room, the price was $240 (way too expensive).

• Stayed December 2005
4 Thank spartanfan2006
Northville, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2006

Couldn’t be happier with this hotel, what you should expect from the Westin. The hotel itself is beautiful, the lobby is amazing. Even though this hotel is on airport property I didn’t even notice much plane noise. We were checked in and out in a matter of minutes, everyone was exceptionally friendly. Making this hotel even better was the $79 a night deal I got off priceline. I very highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2005
2 Thank Jennifer H
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2006

My job forces me to travel to DTW once a month from Los Angeles and I routinely stay at the Westin.

What else could a business travelor ask for? Great bed, easy access, respectable dining and nice gym. You will pay for the convenience, but it is well worth it.

• Stayed April 2006, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank CMarr001
chester,uk
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2006

My family and I stayed here for 3 nights before relocating to Uk. We had a 2 bedroom suite. The bathroom had problems . The club room/ lounge was just okay. The maids, maintenance, bellboys all were complaining. No one there was happy and they surely made you feel it. Great for the business traveller for one night. Overall, the rooms were small and not very clean. Most suites provide you with bottled water, here it cost me 7.50. Great beds and pillows and close to NWA.

• Stayed December 2005