I stayed two nights at this hotel in mid-September 2006. Rates were very reasonable. If booking on westin.com remember to check for special offers because for the weekend I was there they had rates from $79-99. I ended up booking on Priceline to save a little and got it for $70/night. The hotel is located in the Northwest terminal of the airport. Decor is chic, Asian-inspired (bamboo "forest" in the lobby), dark, and spare. Cookies at the checkin desk were a nice touch. Front desk staff were young and clearly inexperienced, but polite and friendly. Ordering room service from the "service express" staff was a trial. Wines are not listed on the in-room menu and upon inquiry as to what white wines were available by the glass the reply was, "We have Benziger." I asked what kind of Benziger (chardonnay? sauvignon blanc?) and was placed on hold. The answer turned out to be "$11 per glass." Hmm. I declined and chose a split of sparkling wine from the minibar instead for the bargain price of $10. The caesar salad with shrimp was good and arrived quickly. Bed was very comfy and the granite bathroom was spotless. Room 508 overlooked the roof of the terminal so view was nothing to write home about, but the room was very quiet. Ordering room service breakfast the next morning was another experience. An inquiry as to what kind of breakfast pastries were available was apparently too challenging, as was the question, "what kind of fresh fruit do you have?" However, the food, when it finally arrived, was fine, and the fresh-squeezed grapefruit juice was excellent. My Dema wrap sandwich that evening was also good. Room service was spendy as it is everywhere (no matter what you order your bill is going to end up being at least $25), but no more so than expected by anyone who travels regularly. Checkout was quick and easy. In short, a very good, convenient hotel with excellent room rates and service that needs improvement.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport, located in the new world-class McNamara Terminal, offers a private security entrance, latest technology and Detroit's most stylish & comfortable surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport Hotel Detroit
- Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport
- Detroit Westin