Detroit Metro is our home airport, a major Northwest hub, and if we are flying out early in the morning the Westin at the airport is the best possible option. There are many "park and fly" options in the vicinity of the airport and I have utilized many of these hotels, but nothing can beat pulling right up to the hotel the evening before our flight and handing our keys to the attendant. Nothing left to do but check into our room and relax on the cushy bed and maybe later have a drink downstairs in the bar.
But the absolute best part of this hotel is getting up in the morning and walking from your room into the McNamara terminal within a matter of minutes. We don't have the stress of getting up at 3am, driving 1-1/2 hours to the airport in the dark, praying that weather and traffic will cooperate and worrying about getting a shuttle from the parking lot to the terminal. Coming back is equally a breeze. The plane lands and there you are in the same building as your hotel. The attendant brings you your automobile and you are on your way, while the majority of the folks that were on the plane with you are still fighting with the masses trying to score a seat on the shuttle.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport, located in the new world-class McNamara Terminal, offers a private security entrance, latest technology and Detroit's most stylish & comfortable surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport Hotel Detroit
- Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport
- Detroit Westin