“Wonderful food, wonderful service-great place for a large group”
Review of Bourbon Steak - CLOSED

Bourbon Steak
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Detroit, Michigan
“Wonderful food, wonderful service-great place for a large group”
Reviewed 3 November 2012

Had 12 business associates in from out of town, and we were in a private room, with the "walls" being wine racks. We were treated like royalty by the servers. The wine flowed, the appetizers were great, and the entrees out of sight. A good time was truly had by all. I would go back in a heartbeat.

Visited December 2011

Michigan
“Great dining experience!”
Reviewed 20 August 2012

This restaurant is always a winner! Great service, fabulous food, and an incredibly beautiful presentation. I had the Kobe Filet--butterflied is the best way to enjoy this cut of beef. The wine list offers a great selection; you must try the mineral water!

• Visited July 2012
Port Huron, Michigan
“Very Good Steak House and more”
Reviewed 20 August 2012

I have eaten at Bourbon Steak on several occasions and most of the time they get it right.
However the menu never changes and it is limited. For a place that calls itself Bourbon Steak there are only about two different steaks on the menu. The menu is small which is not that big a deal, but changing it once in a while and don't let it get stale would be great for repete customes like me. The food is excellent the steaks are very high quality the only issues I have had in the past is sometimes thay can't seem to get my steak cooked right. You would think foor a restaurant that charges as much as they do woud know how to cook a steak to order the first time. I would recommened you try this restaurant some night as it still very good, but make sure you demand good service cause it is expensive. About $100+ for two.

• Visited July 2012
Royal Oak, Michigan
“Very Nice”
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Decided to use our built up credits at the casino. I was really really surprised by this restaurant, in a good way! It was very nice for being in the casino. We got inside and were told that a private event was going on and that we would be seated at the bar, but it was first come first serve... all the seats were full. So we waited probably about 20 minutes and still nothing. Soon to be our amazing waiter, talked with the hostess stand and some how got us seated in his section right away!! Great!! We ordered and chef send out special fries and sauces for us, this yummy corn bread with maple butter. The maple butter was so good! My husband had a steak, said it was yummy! It looked amazing. I had lobster bisque, it was perfect! Also had the shrimp fritters.. They were amazing! Bacon wrapped shrimp and deep fried, YUM. We tried the bacon cheddar jalapeno hash browns and truffle mac and cheese. Both were the same... amazing! The entire meal was a treat! Plus our server taking so much care to get us a table! It was great.

• Visited August 2012
Ennis, Ireland
“Lovely steak and good service.”
Reviewed 22 July 2012 via mobile

Let me start by saying that we did not pay for this meal. We were treated to dinner here by family who paid with casino comps.

This was our second visit to Bourbon Steak and our experience mirrored our first. The food was excellent. For those seeking out delicately presented, subtle starters, this is not the place for you. Many of the starters are deep fried, etc. those with refined taste may be disappointed, but of you're prepared to embrace the mid-westernness of the menu, everything is very good indeed (the raw tuna starter a lovely exception). That said, some seared scallops or steak tartare would be a welcome menu addition.

If you're dining here, you're ordering steak. If you're not ordering steak, I'm unsure as to why you even came (though I did taste the Kobe burger which was lovely). I ordered the American Kobe fillet
rare which was excellent. I also enjoyed tasting a companion's Kobe rib-eye. The truffled mac & cheese that was recommended by friends was very tasty as well.

Bourbon Steak boasts a very good wine list. Given the fact that they offer 50% off wines over $100 on Tuesdays, you can enjoy some exciting wines that are not normally easy to find around Detroit (we lapped up a 1990 Dmn de Pegau Chareauneuf-du-Pape).

Overall, if you're looking for refined cuisine, this may not be the place for you. But if you're looking for good food, a nice atmosphere, professional service, good wine advice and lovely steaks, this is a winner - especially if someone else is footing the bill, cause it's expensive!