“Tigers Game ”

Ranked #14 of 33 Hotels in Detroit
Nashville, TN
“Tigers Game ”
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night seeing a Tigers game July 1st. I have high standards, and this hotel was a good choice.

Pros:

Large, clean rooms. Very friendly staff. Proximity to Greektown restaurants and the parks. Comerica/Ford Field a very easy safe walk.

Cons: rooms skimpy on towels and other necessities (i.e. no conditioner). No restaurant on site but Fishbones is attached and is excellent. No store or anywhere to pick up sundries on site.

Overall a good choice for us to see the Tigers play. And they won!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank J1Saylor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I stayed there for one night while visiting Detroit. As soon as you walk in, the lobby is spectacular. The staff is all so friendly and professional. Our room was the Deluxe Suite with a living area, luxurious bathroom, and a spacious bedroom. We loved every bit of the hotel and our room. The location of the hotel was perfect. It was a short walk from everything! I work in a five-star hotel on the strip in Las Vegas and I prefer this hotel the hotel I work at because of the level of service we received, the fantastic room, and the short walk to everything we wanted to do.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed for a couple days, the room was big and clean but I didn't like it's set up. The bathroom had a glass wall that looked into the bed room, you couldn't see anything but the light would shine through and disturb whoever was sleeping. Plus, the entire hotel was hot, the rooms air conditioner was too small to cool off the entire thing, we asked for someone to check in on it but no one ever did. The hotels staff was very friendly, they and the location made up for everything else. Greek town has a lot of food choices, plus it's not that far from the baseball field if you want to catch a game. It's also right near the Greek town casino, but I would recommend taking a shuttle to the MGM, it's a much nicer casino.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

This is a nice suite hotel. Hare for a wedding. The rooms are truly suites that are spacious as is the bathroom. The bellman, valets and reception staff were very helpful. The location is perfect for all the sports venues in the area.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Spent two nights and hotel was alright. Location was perfect right downtown, close to attractions. Greektown is safe and has a few places to eat/drink. Staff at hotel were great. Valet parking was 20.00/day.

Room was large, could have been updated, old toilet seat, and bathroom looked a bit tired. Room had a nice tv, but alarm clock kept turing on/off. Also walls were thin and was woken by neighbors tv.

Would stay at again but will try other hotels in city first.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed at the Atheneum for Movement over Memorial Day weekend, four nights in total, Thursday through Tuesday. It is by the far the best hotel I've stayed at for the festival. Way better than the Ren Cen.

The room was huge, it had a sitting room, large bathroom, and big bedroom. The maids left us alone, and respected our wishes not to have daily service. The location couldn't have been better. Walking distance to everything, and safe parking nearby. Everyone who worked there was pleasant, and easy to communicate with.

The only faults the hotel had in my opinion were the same ones that other guests have remarked on in the past.

The walls in the living room portion the the suite were so thin that I could hear everything that the people in the room next to us were saying. The outside noise level in the bedroom was loud, but that didn't bother me because I am used to being in the city. If you stayed at any other downtown Detroit hotel the noise level from outside would be the same, trust me I've stayed at the Omni, MGM Grand, MotorCity, Ren Cen, and the Westin.

The shower backed up a bit, and the bath products were standard hotel crap. Why does hotel soap stick to your skin? The sheets were over-bleached, so my eyes burned the first night, but my the second night they were fine. There were a few light bulbs out in my room, and it was dim to begin with so the lightening kinda sucked.

My biggest issue was with the air conditioning. They give you a thermostat in your room, but it doesn't matter how many times you press the button for it to be colder, the room is still HOT. Like, 75+, like possibly 80, no air circulating hot. The suite portion of the room had no air circulation at all, I was working from the hotel, and had to sit at the desk in my underwear with an ice pack to move around to cool down. It was colder outside than inside.

I would stay at the Atheneum again, but probably not during the summer months, I don't even want to know what it is like on a 90 degree day.

Room Tip: A lot of people complained in reviews about outside noise being too loud. I thought my room facing t...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank noxiousburrito
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I loved this place. Everyone was incredibly friendly and helpful... and being right in Greek town was so great because we love all the restaurants there. The room was GLORIOUS! It was huge and there was a separate seating area with a TV so almost like it was 2 rooms. The washroom was huge and full of marble and made it nice to spread out all my cosmetics to get ready for a fancy dinner at Santorini (the restaurant across the street). It's connected to the Greek Town Casino so you don't have to even go outside in the winter.
BUT just make sure if you park at the casino parking across the street,,, you stay less than 24 hours. I got gauged big time with a $40 parking bill for being just slightly over 48 hours.
Our very helpful concierge guy told us it would have been cheaper to get Valet parking... and he would have been able to talk down price at the parking garage if we hadn't already submitted our ticket.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple