“Really nice hotel”

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Detroit-Dearborn
Ranked #7 of 33 Hotels in Detroit
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I chose this place becasue it was less than a mile from University of MI where I had a one-day event to attend. I wish I was staying longer as I got in late and left early- so really didn't get to fully enjoy the hotel's ammenities.

My first reaction was, "Wow. So many reviewers on Trip Advisor said all kinds of complaining things about this place. They are snobby!" ;)

This place was VERY nice! If you want absolute pristine perfectionism and a carpet that doesn't look like human beings ever stepped foot on it- then go to the fancy pants bazilion star hotels that will cost you 2 grand per night. Please. I'm tired of the diva behavior of travellers.

I HIGHLY recommend this place. The staff at the front desk were beyond courteous. They actually came from behind the counter and out to physically greet us and shake our hands. And welcome us. They gave us warm chocolate chip cookies upon arrival. (YUM!) The lobby was beautiful The room beautiful and the beds and pillows were oh so comfy. They do charge for internet- but we joined the Hilton email list / points program and got free internet.

Someone said there was not a coffee maker in the room so I brought mine. THEY DO HAVE COFFEE MAKERS IN THE ROOM. Nice- Wolfgang Puck coffee makers and delicious coffee. And I'm a coffee snob.

Great place. Would stay here again and again. Wish I had time to try the breakfast and pool.

There are newer reviews for Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Detroit-Dearborn

Reviewed 21 September 2013

Stayed here for a business trip with Ford Motor Company. The staff was wonderful. The hotel is an older facility, but they have made significant updates. Check in was efficient and presented me with a warm chocolate chip cookie! I would stay here again when I return for future business. The room was large and the bathroom spacious. Very comfortable.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Reviewed 18 September 2013

It was a good hotel if you are visiting Ford. Cleanliness and ambiance were good. If I am visiting this area, then It is good place to stay. It's calm place, specially good breakfast options. Swimming pool and Big Lobby attracted me a lot.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We arrived on a Sunday night planning to visit the Ford museum the next day. The hotel is very close to the Ford sites. I was concerned staying in Detroit but, the staff made us feel at home with their friendliness and excellent customer service. The hotel is older and is a little worn but clean and bedding is new and very comfortable. The warm cookies at check-in is a nice touch. We actually met the manger of the hotel as we were relaxing with a cocktail in the lobby and he was very friendly and a wealth of local information. If you plan on visiting the Ford sites (highly recommend Green Field village) a discount package of tickets and lodging is available.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Stayed at the Doubletree and had the best stay-cation ever. The staff was friendly and professional. My room was great, fresh, and clean. I checked in and was treated like a queen. Thanks guys and keep up the good work. I will recommend to all my co-workers.

Room Tip: Corner high room floor are the best
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Upon arrival I was greeted by a very friendly desk clerk who remembered my name later when I saw her again! The lobby is very inviting and I wished that I had time to just relax near one of the water displays. The pool and hot tub looked inviting also. I would definitely stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Stayed at the Doubletree during a business trip and had a wonderful experience. Where my meetings took place involved driving through some scary parts of Detroit, but it was a relief to come back to this hotel at the end of the day since it was in a nicer area of a very troubled city.

The hotel has a beautiful lobby, and I definitely can't complain about getting a delicious cookie upon check-in. The room had a 37" TV and a very comfortable bed, and probably the most comfortable desk chair I've ever sat in at a hotel. I'm a big believer in free wi-fi, and thankfully I was able to talk the gentlemen at the front desk in to giving me a free access code so I didn't have to pay $10-15 each day I was there.

There are plenty of things nearby to keep you entertained, from an Applebee's to Wendy's to Walmart just down the round. Nothing too crazy and exciting, but you won't have to worry too much about your personal safety like other parts of Motown!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business