Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Detroit-Dearborn
Ranked #5 of 34 Hotels in Detroit
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Not only did this hotel have many amenities but the staff was courteous & helpful. The rooms were a bit small for the price but the restaurant was very nice & the pool was very relaxing. This hotel was clean but needs some updates.

Room Tip: try to not get a room right by the pool....gets a bit noisy in the evening
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Elizabeth R, Front Office Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Detroit-Dearborn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Deborah,

Thank you so much for recently staying with us and for taking the time to share some of your experience. We have just recently updated our room amenities and pool area and I am glad to hear that you enjoyed them. It is also great to hear that you found our wonderful staff helpful. I truly believe our staff is what sets us apart from the rest. We are continually working on updating the hotel and I hope next time you are in the area you stay with us again to see more of our positive changes.

Front Office Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,584)

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Its not the cleanest or safest area, but it's much better than staying in Detroit! The room was clean, but we had issues getting the right room. We accidentally selected the wrong bed when we made and prepaid the reservation. When we called the same day we made our reservation (a few weeks before our stay), they would not let us change the bed type (which was the same cost) without being charged fees and having to work with their corporate office. One of the many reason we are moving away from our Hilton loyalty.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to provide us with some feedback. I want to apologize that there was an issue with changing the room that you had booked. Our goal is to always provide our guests with a great experience and I am truly sorry that we fell short of that during your stay. We do appreciate your loyalty to Hilton and take all feedback very seriously. If you want to further discuss your reservation I would be happy to speak with you, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel. I am glad you found the room clean and hope that next time you are in our area you come back and see us again so we can provide you with a great experience.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

My family and I have stayed at this hotel multiple times while flying in and out of Detroit to visit family. We have always enjoyed our stays and use it regularly.

The hotel is very nice with a good location (just off the highway and not too far from the airport.) My only knock on the location is that it is far enough from the airport that the hotel does not provide a shuttle. So to get back and forth, you will either need a car or get a cab. The lack of shuttle is the only reason why this place is not getting 5 stars.

The hotel itself is very nice. The lobby is beautiful. The grounds are well maintained. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

The rooms are a great size. Comfortable for 1 to 4 people depending on the number of beds. The rooms are clean, updated. No need to worry about a good night's sleep. The beds are great.The bathrooms are very clean, which is a huge thing for me.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Aboyer,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking time to share your experience. I am happy to hear you and your family have enjoyed our hotel and keep coming back. It is great to hear that you like our nice staff and enjoy our comfy beds and recently renovated rooms. We have just purchased a shuttle for our airline crew members that stay with us, and will soon be providing shuttle service for all of our guests based upon availability. Next time you find yourself back in the Detroit area please do not hesitate to give us a call and we may be able to provide you with shuttle service from the airport. Again, thank you for always staying with us; we hope to see you soon. We will have our warm cookies waiting!

Reviewed 27 July 2014

As a Diamond Member of Hilton I stay in hotels 4 days a week. This hotel, though large and in a Metro City, treats me like a part of the family. From the great staff that greets me, clean remodeled rooms to the new Menu from a great chief I choose this hotel hands down every week.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Russell,

First I would like to say thank you so much for always staying with us and for taking the time out of your day to share your experience. As a Diamond member we truly appreciate your loyalty to Hilton and to our property. It is great to hear that you feel like family when staying with us; as a guest here weekly you truly are a part of our Doubletree family. I am happy to hear you are enjoying our renovated rooms and new menu. It is great to have you as a guest here and we look forward to continuously providing you with great service. If there is anything we may do to enhance your future experiences please do not hesitate to let us know.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 26 July 2014

They had lemonade and gave us cookies at check-in. Yummy! Our room was nice and clean. It was average in size. We got free wifi. I think it was because we were Hilton rewards members. I'm not sure if they give free wifi to other guests. The hotel was under construction when we were there but we didn't hear much noise from our room. We had lunch and breakfast at the restaurant. The food was good but the service was slow. It took them five minutes to take our order. We had to search for someone to take our payment. The service was a little better for breakfast but still a bit slow. I gave this hotel only three stars because the service at the restaurant and the fact that they messed up our bill. We asked for our bill to be separated because two people would be splitting the cost. We stayed two nights so one night would go on each credit card. Unfortunately, we did not find out until after we got home that the front desk representative did not split the bill and just charged the room to one card. If this didn't happen I would have given them four stars. One other note: There are not a lot of restaurants that would deliver to the hotel. I'm not sure why.

Room Tip: Ask for a floor that isn't under construction
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Casandra,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience. It is great to hear that you enjoyed the complimentary lemonade and our world famous cookies at check in. We always try to make each experience here a pleasant and memorable one and I am glad yours started off that way. I would like to apologize for the billing problems that you had inside of our Grille and at the desk. Your feedback will help us to improve, so again thank you for sharing it. I am glad that you did enjoy the food and our complimentary wifi. I hope that next time you are in Detroit you come back to see us again so that we can provide you with a 5 star experience.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Very standard Doubletree offering. Clean, comfortable bed and nice enough. 3.5 stars.

The Good:
-Comfortable bed
-Fast internet connection
-Clean bathroom

The Bad:
-Check in staff was a little slow

Overall, a fine option for the area, but nothing exciting.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear JGordon,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to your share your experience. I was happy to read you enjoyed the clean room and comfortable bed. Please accept my apologies we did not get you checked in faster. I wish we were able to give you a more exciting experience but am happy it met your needs. I hope next time you find yourself in the Detroit area you stay with us again so that our outstanding staff can provide you with an even better experience.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I would recommend that you provide transportation prior arrival. Because the assistance to get transportation was less then average. The use of the available shuttle was not accessible to all. tHis hotel is disconnected from all of the tourist attractions which made it hard to venture out and see what the area had to offer. By it being our first time in Detriot I felt that the trip was truly a waste and was disatisfied.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Elizabeth R, Front Office Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Detroit-Dearborn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Dear Jennifer,

First I would like to thank you for staying with us, and for sharing your experience. I am truly sorry to hear that you did not have a good time during your first visit to Detroit. Our hotel is located on the border of Dearborn, which places us very close to The Henry Ford but a bit of a ways from our downtown Detroit attractions. We have just purchased a shuttle, and we are getting ready to roll out a program that helps assist our guests to get to local attractions. I wish that we had the shuttle in time for your first visit here, but hope that next time you are back you give us a chance to provide you with a much better experience.

Elizabeth Rauchman