Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Detroit-Dearborn
Ranked #9 of 33 Hotels in Detroit
Troy, Michigan
“fantastic”
Reviewed 4 September 2010

wei had the pleasure of having our wedding ceremony and reception here and it was beyond our expectations...the staff was absolutely delightful...they went out of there way to make sure that our wedding day was perfect. we were married in the hotels atrium and it was beautiful the way the staff set up, and the view with the waterfall was amazing. The reception "Greenfield Room" was set up very intimate with candles all around. I cannot express how happy i was with everything and every one of my guest raved about the place, the food and the staff....this is definitely a spot that i am grateful to have been able to use as the backdrop for our pictures and the start of my marriage. Also, the suite that we were given had everything, including a jacuzzi style tub and we were sent complimentary champagne and chocolate covered strawberries and cookies. You have to visit here. Ask for Nicole Nation, she works in the office that sets up banquets, parties, weddings, etc. she kept in touch with me throughout the entire planning process and even called after the wedding. I am a fan.....Thanks Doubletree staff...from Brian and Tamika Davis.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Korean first
Manassas, Virginia
Reviewed 30 August 2010

I would like to commend the Doubletree Hotel in Dearborn MI for providing outstanding customer service to me during my recent stay .

I had made my reservation on line through the Hilton Honors site using the advance pay program, but, two days before I was due to check into the hotel my customer changed our meeting requiring me to come in a day ahead of schedule. I was unable to change my reservations on line so I contacted the reservation national help line and met with a person unwilling or unable to change my reservations dates. I found the person to be very abrupt and the fact that I am a loyal customer to the Hilton family of hotels did not seem to be a factor to this person .

So I called the Doubletree Hotel Detroit/Dearborn direct and spoke to the manager ,Scott, and explain my situation. Within thirty minutes my reservation changes had been confirmed and sent to me on my BB while I was sitting in another meeting in Chicago.

As you are aware with the current economic times business are closely monitoring their travel expenses and choosing carefully their accommodations. The factors that we choose when selecting our accommodations are: quality of the accommodations, customer service provide during our stay and ease of accommodating our customer driven schedules. This is why I have chosen the Hilton Family of Hotels as my first choice in hotels and was very disappointed in the response I received until I called the hotel direct and spoke with your manager.

I would like to tell you how satisfied I am with your detail to customer service that the Scott and his staff a the Doubletree Hotel in Dearborn MI provided and as a result I will stay ath this location each time I return to the area and will recommend this to my customers and to my colleagues.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
scottsdale
Reviewed 26 August 2010

I have family in Canada and every time we drive to Muskoka we stop in Dearborn on at least one way sometimes both ways. We love the hotel, it is perfectly located for the "Ford Museum"...excellent for getting back on the freeway to continue travels.

Thanks for being there....a hint for drivers.....turn off your gps if you are heading for the bridge...the construction is a killer...

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 26 August 2010

From the time I check in and the front desk people, Rachelle, Liz, Megan, Troy, Steve, Jen all call me by name and do everything they can to make my stay enjoyable. Juan in maintenance is great, too. Always brining me water after a workout. The extra treats every once in a while are also much appreciated.

Rudolfo, Nancy, Beth and Cheryl in the restaurant (breakfast) are great too. always making sure I'm doing well and always bringing my coffee to go. There are many other places for me to stay, but I'll never leave the Doubletree Dearborn.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
Dearborn, Michigan
Reviewed 25 August 2010

Needed to have a 2-day conference for about 50 people and within 3 weeks. The Doubletree staff made everything easy and were very accommodating. It was a great conference. The food, location and people were awesome. I will definitely go there again.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
dtw
Reviewed 25 August 2010

Every person at the hotel will bend over backwards to see that you are thoroughly satisfied. And the value they offer to the business traveler is outstanding!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 24 August 2010

I was staying at the DoubleTree for almost a year, August 2009-June 2010:

Front Desk-Always greeted guests with a smile & great customer service. Any problem you had, they were right on it to make sure it got fixed & you were happy.

Restaurant-Always enjoyed seeing the bartenders & restaurant staff! Smiles & yummy food, including the bread pudding, you can't resist it. They take very good care of you ensuring you enjoy & like what you order to drink or eat.

Overall staff & feeling-They make you feel very comfortable & safe. From the time you walk in through the door till the time you check out, you are well taken care of & treated very well, by every single DoubleTree employee. Housekeeping does a great job at keeping the rooms clean & neat. The rooms are very roomy & cozy. The bed is very very comfortable!

Being I was there 7 days a week for almost a year, they made living there to be like my "home". They made my stay to be comfortable, easy & most of all memorable, great memories!

They are a great staff that know how to do their job, they definitely do it very well & they always do it with a smile!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business