“Never Again!”

Ranked #21 of 33 Hotels in Detroit
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
“Never Again!”
Reviewed 18 April 2011

I consider myself to be a coinsurer for discovering hotels that fit my budget ($100 or less) and provide me with great quality and service. However, this hotel is by far the worst place I have ever stayed at, in all of my travels, and I travel around the country a lot.
1) The rooms beside me reeked of weed, and nothing was done about it
2) There were numerous hairs found in my towels and bed sheets prior to use
3) The walls are paper thin, was woken up at 545am by extremely inappropriate bed noises and voices- could recite neighbours every word without them even yelling
4) When asked if there were plates for the breaskfast, the staff laughed and said they were all gone then ignored me
****Spend the extra money and go to a different hotel

Room Tip: the more the discounts, the worse the room
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank canuck716

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 11 April 2011

7.30 am thats when i checked in 04/11/2011 the guy in front desk works at his own space and i was greeted like i was begging for a room or they are helping me by renting the room. Amazing comfort not for the guest the guy who was in front desk never got up from chair he was relaxing and talking like he is talking to his buddy. Horrible experience the rooms are nasty and dirty. I just dropped my Luggage off in the hotel in the morning and washed my face in the bathroom never realized the towel is dirty. location is good its in downtown. Amenities smell every where u feel like u came to downgrade bar. very dark inside. the very moment i got down the taxi driver warned me not to stay in this hotel. If you dont have a good property you should have at least good customer care to make it up. The guy charged me with extra n early check in where as i told him i am just dropping off my luggage thats it. in short Bad bad bad yes if you are Dirty place to live...

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank hrishi1

Travellers are raving about these Detroit hotels

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 3 January 2011

It was a last minute trip we took to Detroit. I called at least 10 different hotels in the area and I must say that none were as pleasant as this. We booked the last two rooms they had. At arrival I met Steve and Andy, what friendly guys. The shuttle driver was friendly and funny also. He took us to Greek town Casino and back for no charge. The breakfast and the service we received was just phenomenal. Overall, I thought everything went smooth.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
San Diego, California
Reviewed 31 December 2010

I really enjoyed staying at the Detroit Regency. The staff was very helpful ,and welcomed me very nicely. The room was great everything was nice, and i was very comfortable. I am reading other peoples feedback and it is nothing like they say Next time i am in the area i am definitely going to say at Regency

Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 December 2010

My family and I came to Detroit for the bears game. The minute you walk in you are welcomed by a great staff. Everyone is extra helpful and friendly. We have traveled to many places but this time it felt different, more like family. The shuttle was a huge plus, took us to the game and back. The manager was super nice, cute, and friendly.

• Stayed December 2010
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 29 October 2010

We checked in on a Fri. we went to visit family and returned about 1am, ready to go to sleep but we pulled the blanket back and we found a Trojan condom wrapper, I called the front desk and they sent the security guard to come change the bedding. which was half done, The next morning I spoke with a guy named Joe and all he could do was to give us one night free for a Future visit , did he really think we would want to stay there again. Hell NO!!! ALso he said Andy would call me of course he never did. So No I would say to never stay there.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank d_tibbs
Port Huron, MI
Reviewed 17 September 2010

When checking in, you walk into a cute little lobby which makes you think it is a decent hotel. You see pictures online and think the same. Nothing could be further from the truth. I was disgusted wirth this hotel. There was old food ON THE FLOOR in the room. It was plain to see! There was dust everywhere in the room and burn holes in the chair for the desk, on the desk and on the carpet.
In the mornong heading down to breakfast at only 8am there was almost nothing there and the juice was more like flavored and colored water than juice. The cereal was stale! The rest of the food available was sitting on the counter in bags! It was nothing like what you see in the pictures.
When checking out teh manager and another worker were in the lobby arguing and swearing. We set the keys on the desk and were not even aknowledged.
Come to find out it used to be a Comfort Inn and it's not even good enough to live up to the standards to keep that name. How pathetic!
I would never stay there or reccomentd it to anyone!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends