“Disgusting , Horribe! Room and Service”

Baymont Inn and Suites Detroit Near the Riverwalk
Ranked #26 of 33 Hotels in Detroit
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I arrive at the hotel late night early morning. I wish i couldve ask to view the room before paying . It was absolutly disgusting . The hallways smelled like cat urine . To suite was next to a door that had a broken window or a big hole. Carpet, walls ,stairs was dirty , staff were not professional in any way. When you open the room you get a smell that made you gag. The lady at front desk was unprofessional on howvshe conducted business . She offer another room but is your luxery room is this bad why would i go to another . The whole hotel seem like a neighborhood quickie spot. Im beyond disatisfied. Lastly, they would not give me a refund . To me it seems like entrapment subpar hotel service building itself. There needs to some kind if inspection . Location is good which i assume it would be a descent hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014
5  Thank travelguy313

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Checked in around 4pm on a Friday and the AC was not working at all in our room, went to the front desk to inform them and they came immediately to check on it, I decided to ask if there were any larger rooms available for the night and do happy I did! they had a suite on third floor that i absolutely loved! Room was spacious, clean and quiet.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Diana L
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Our room was 100 degrees the entire time and we had our air conditioner on high. It was just a shady place. The room was disgusting. Sheets dirty. Tub filthy. I can't even about the toilet seat. Shady people. Creepers. Definitely were over charged for our stay. I wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy.

• Stayed: July 2014
7  Thank Jessica L
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Dirty pillow cases hair dye and cig ashes, cig butts all over room on the broken air conditioner and in toilet, air DID NOT WK and it was 86 degrees sink clogged up while brushing teeth. No light bulb in lamp as well as no chain lock on door , WHICH is a big no no dwtwn detroit. $141.00 was a complete waste of $$ a skanky putrid smell and I got bit by some kind of bug. when I asked for a partial refund for the air not working all they did was take my ph #..still havent heard from them yet!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank ddwayne
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I had a bad feeling about the hotel from the second I pulled into the parking lot. I went into the lobby to check in for my reservation which was 2 rooms with king beds and it looked like there had been a tornado that went through it. I got my keys and the man told me to go to entrance 2 because my room was closer to that entrance. I walked over to the entrance the door wasn't even locked so anyone could access the hall my room was in located at all times. The hallways were not heated and absolutely freezing. I walked into my room it smelled like a cigarette ash tray. Checked out my room went into the washroom only to find cigarette ashes all over the tub and bathroom floor. It was absolutely disgusting I wouldn't even let a homeless person sleep in that filth. And the best part of it was when I went to go back to the lobby to cancel my reservation and ask for my money back they basically said too bad and still charged me full price for two rooms!! Absolutely the worst hotel I've ever walked through and the worst customer service I've ever received especially from a manager. I would strongly suggest walking away from the idea of booking a room at this hotel. You will thank me for it!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
14  Thank Amy B
Reviewed 22 January 2014

The Service is great and friendly. The Rooms are clean and beds are comfortable. The Prices for the rooms are reasonable. My husband And I always stay here when in Detroit. Restaurants deliver and the location is great. The is a good place to stay if you are staying for A day or two in downtown Detroit.

Room Tip: Second floor is the best or the jacuzzi rooms
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Tina J
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I was on a business trip at Detroit and I stayed at Stay Inn for one week . The most remarkable thing about the hotel is the very helpful and generous staff . Also, considering the location and services ,the hotel is a great bargain actually .

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business