“Complaint on ethical practices.”

Sleep Inn - Lansing North / Dewitt
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in DeWitt
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I cannot tell you how the rooms were, I did not stay the night, but be cautious if you ever try to book a room for someone as a gift, and it is okayed, somehow the communication between the owner and manager was lost, and they played the blame game with me. And then they not only charged me they charged the ones we were giving the present to. $188.46, I refer that as double dipping, and then I got a rude phone call from the owner/manager saying it was a lack of communication on my part. I booked a room and needed to pay for it, Sure I booked a room for someone else as a present, not me. He should have talked to his assistant manager about this, I asked her twice and our son in law had called to find out if this was okay as well, they assured us it was. I paid up front, had not intentions on staying there, it was a surprise present, Sure was a surprise, we were both charged! It is a great location for us, but I will never do business with them again, they could have made this right, but chose not to.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Emily M
mi701, Manager at Sleep Inn - Lansing North / Dewitt, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you feel this way about the hotel. The staff was not told it was a surprise. They were under the impression that the guests that were going to be stayin in the room knew. Unfortunately the guest you wanted to surprise made their own reservations. The only way this could have been avoided is if the guests were told ahead of time so that they didn't book their own reservation. Which unfortunetley it would no longer be a surprise. We have people come in all the time who pay for rooms for other people and there are no problems. That is because the people know when they arrive that the room is already paid for.

There are newer reviews for Sleep Inn - Lansing North / Dewitt

Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night and found this to be a typical sleep inn - clean and basically comfortable, but nothing special. Room would benefit from a recliner or easy chair. We did not try the breakfast. Accessible bathroom was fine.

• Stayed: October 2013

Peter,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am glad that you found our hotel clean and suitable for the night. We do have upgraded rooms that have lounge chairs for more comfortable seating at night. I do hope that you stay with us again.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

We were flying out of Lansing Capital City Airport early and chose to stay here based on its proximity to the airport. We arrived late evening, went straight to our room, and got up early the next morning. Staff was friendly. Room was clean. Nothing special but worked great for us.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank CadillacCouple

CadillacCouple
Thank you for your review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your very brief stay with us. We are very close to the Capitol City Airport and have many guests stay here because of that. We hope that the next time you fly you think of the great staff and the clean rooms here at the hotel.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

This is a convenient location, close to Lansing, but not part of the busyness of Lansing. The staff was friendly and it was quiet. The continental breakfast was so-so. But there is a Bob Evans right across the parking lot, if your husband will let you buy breakfast when there is a free one!! (Good luck with that!!)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my daughter in late June and she had posted the following in regard to our stay:

When we got to our room it smelled like smoke even though it was non-smoking. There was a clump of soap/shampoo on the floor in the shower and there was a used condom wrapper next to the bed! When I let the front desk know they said they would let the manager know and didn't do anything else about it!

I received a call from the manager on July 7 and, after a lengthy conversation, was told he would credit one night stay back to my credit card. He then asked if I would have my daughter delete the review she placed on this site. I told him once the credit was received I would see if that was possible or we would update the review with his resolution to the problems with the room. It is now August 15 and I have yet to see any credit from them on my card. I never asked them for a thing yet he said he felt really bad that July 7 was the first he was hearing about this issue. Lesson learned...Do not trust that management will keep their word and DO NOT STAY HERE!.

Room Tip: Choose a room as far from the breakfast area as possible.
Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Michelle C
Reviewed 6 August 2013

I chose this hotel based on reviews from this website and was not disappointed. The hotel is older and somewhat small but newly remodeled and very clean. The front desk staff was friendly and very knowledgeable about local places to eat. I travel a great deal for work and this hotel passed all three of my inspections: 1. No signs of bed bugs!! This place was very clean. 2. A clean shower/bathroom - I cannot stand finding stray hairs, dust bunnies and the like in the bathroom area. Again, very well taken care of. 3. A working A/C unit.

The only thing I did not enjoy was the noise from the hall and room next to ours but it was quiet at night and I would stay here again if I get the chance.

Room Tip: No king beds on the second floor so prioritize accordingly.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We stayed at the Sleep Inn for a funeral recently over a 3 day weekend. We did not use the outdoor pool and it was not a fun vacation so I can not vouch for that. I can say our room was clean and the management was a accommodating. We had a small dog with us and that was fine with this motel. I believe you have to let them know in advance. The beds were comfortable. I didn't notice any traffic noise.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near DeWitt
American Inn and Suites Lansing-Dewitt
#4 of 26 in Lansing
Hampton Inn East Lansing
Hampton Inn East Lansing
#1 of 9 in East Lansing

Been to Sleep Inn - Lansing North / Dewitt? Share your experiences!