“Great Place to Stay”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in DeWitt
Portland, Oregon
“Great Place to Stay”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Clean, Updated, Good Free Breakfast, Free Coffee, Friendly, and Professional! Stay here. Close to grocery store, close to restaurants. Back off the main road. Close to the highway, but not on the highway.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
MI701, Manager at Sleep Inn - Lansing North / Dewitt, responded to this review, 30 August 2014
Thank you so much for such a nice review. I am very happy that our hotel met all of your needs. We appreciate the feedback. We do hope that you stay with us again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
DeWitt
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I was in the area for work and my company had made my reservations here for the approx. 3 months, Mar-May, I'd be around. I must say the hotel and rooms which I stayed, and I was in a few between my working and downtimes, were very clean, modern, comfortable and included all the amenities I needed. The asst. mgr, Jessica, was also very friendly, helpful and professional. I'd definitely stay here again with this kind of service.

• Stayed March 2014
MI701, Manager at Sleep Inn - Lansing North / Dewitt, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Thank you for your review and giving the hotel such wonderful compliments. We look forward to you staying with us again in the future.
New Boston, Michigan
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I will start by saying the hotel was very clean. I didn't know what to expect as I had never stayed at a Sleep Inn in the past. Based on the reviews and my need to be close to my daughter I booked this room. The picture on the website is not the room we received. While the room was very clean it was VERY small. It had updated furniture with a king sized bed but only 1 night stand. I called the front desk and asked if we could be moved to a room similar to what I booked based on the website pic and the gentleman told me they were sold out and that was the only room available but he could bring me something to substitute the missing nightstand. I never received it. It was nice that the room included a refrigerator with a label that said you must turn it on if you want to use it. I did just that and stocked it with my son's bottles. At 3 am I went to get a bottle for my son and it was warm. UGH! So frustrating. Luckily there is a 24 hour Meijer very close to the hotel. The breakfast was nicer than expected which included biscuits and gravy and a waffle station. The biscuits were pre-baked and still frozen but nothing a microwave couldn't fix. They did extend a late check out to us which was much appreciated.

Overall, this is comparable to other economy hotels and very clean. I would stay here again if I could be assured I would get the room pictured on the website.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
MI701, Manager at Sleep Inn - Lansing North / Dewitt, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Thank you so much for the review. I am sorry to hear that you did not receive the room that was pictured on our website. I do hope that the next time you stay with us that you receive the room you are looking for. I am glad that the room was clean for you. I do hope that you give us a second chance.
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Excellent property. Newly decorated rooms are attractive and comfortable. Excellent breakfast, many choices. Staff is friendly and knowledgeable. I liked the walk-in shower. My only complaint -- I wish the mini-refrigerators had mini-freezers to freeze our ice packs for our cooler.

Room Tip: Rooms on the side away from the parking lot have a peaceful view.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
MI701, Manager at Sleep Inn - Lansing North / Dewitt, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thank you for such a nice review. I am glad that you liked the new renovations that we have made at the hotel. We do hope that you stay with us again.
Romulus, Michigan
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel room was very well appointed, newly remodeled. Had a Nice decor plus bright lighting that made the room bright and well lit. The staff service was great. The Managers were great. We Will definitely return on our next trip to Lansing.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
MI701, Manager at Sleep Inn - Lansing North / Dewitt, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay here. We do hope that you stay with us again in the future.
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We love this place! It is clean, the food is great the service is outstanding and Mike the owner really cares about his customers. We travel to Michigan several times a year and we wouldn't stay anyplace else but here! Oh, they bake chocolate chip cookies Monday-Thursday at 5:00pm, they are a "we gotta wait for the cookies before we can go shopping" Can't say enough good things about this place!

Room Tip: No elevator so if stairs are a problem request first floor
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your wonderful comments about the hotel. We do hope that you stay with us again soon.
Coral Springs, Florida
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We first stayed at this Sleep Inn in March of 2011. We were in town for a funeral and stayed for 2 nights. Room was clean & newly remodeled. Staff were nice & efficient. In a last few days circumstances brought us back to Lansing/DeWitt area. We needed a hotel for one night and thought about this Sleep Inn. We always get a king room, but all the king rooms were sold out, so I booked one queen bed room. The hotel was still very nice. Room was clean, cozy, comfortable. New furniture, nicely painted, 32 inches flat screen TV, comfortable bed, fresh linens, great pillows, white duvet. I loved the shower. It was hot with great water pressure. The only thing that bothered me a little bit was the cleanliness of the air conditioner's unit. It was very, very dusty inside. It is definitely long overdue for cleaning. But it worked great. Wi-Fi signal was strong. Computer in a lobby/printer worked fine. Free breakfast, I thought, was really good. Good orange juice, hot coffee, sausages links, biscuits, gravy, etc... There is no hot tub, which was okay under the circumstances. I really don't have any complaints about this Sleep Inn. We will stay there again when in the area. The reason why I am rating it as average instead of very good or even excellent, is the level of customer service. When we stayed in 2011, we didn't have any issues with it. This time, however, it was poor. We were checked in and out by the same person, Jessica. I am very disappointed with the check in process. She took a call while checking us in. She was on the phone for some time. She just left us standing there. When she was done, she was laughing, acted flirty and never apologized. When we finally got checked in, we went to our room. I was going to put "Do not disturb" sign on the door. The sign was not in a room. I went back to the front desk and told Jessica that we don't have "Do not disturb" sign in a room. She rudely asked me : " Do you really need one? " I said: " Yes, i do ". She seemed annoyed, but immediately got a sign for me. When we went downstairs for breakfast in the morning, the manager, who's name is also Jessica, was at the front desk. We stopped and got USA TODAY. She never acknowledged us or said hello. I have to give her a credit though for acting in a professional manner, unlike the other clerk. We were checked out by the same clerk who checked us in. And the checkout process was not very pleasant either. Customer service at this hotel did not meet my expectations this time. It wasn't terrible , but it was poor. As I mentioned, we will probably stay at this hotel again, when in the area. If we do, I will write another review.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your repeat business. I am glad that the amenities are to your liking. I am sorry to hear that the front desk staff was not very friendly to you. I would like to apologize to you for that. I will be speaking to them about that. I do hope that you do come back and stay with us again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near DeWitt
American Inn and Suites Lansing-Dewitt
Hampton Inn East Lansing
Hampton Inn East Lansing
#1 of 9 in East Lansing
Red Roof Inn Lansing West

Been to Sleep Inn - Lansing North / Dewitt? Share your experiences!