“I would stay here again.”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lansing-Dimondale
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Dimondale
Reviewed 12 August 2013

This was a pleasantly surprising stay. The food quality could improve a bit but the fact that it's available was good enough for us. The location could not have been better for us. It was very close to the place we needed to be. The customer service wasn't the best but I have nothing to complain about.

• Stayed: June 2013
Tasha K, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lansing-Dimondale, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am glad the location worked out perfectly for you and that you would choose us again when in need of overnight lodging needs. We look forward to seeing you again when you are in the area.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

Front desk staff was very friendly and organized. Breakfast room staff was a little annoyed we arrived at 6:40 AM to eat when breakfast didn't start until 7 AM on the weekends (made a comment but allowed us to eat). King mattress was a bit hard. Room was clean, with the exception of the bathroom grout which needed some work. Good location for nearby soccer tournament.

Overall, good value for one night stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 August 2013 via mobile

Opened April 2012 and being maintained very well.
Loren at check curtious and professional.
Great design to lobby, business center and breakfast area.
Room and bathroom nice and roomy.
It would be nice to see a newer hotel like this one with lager flat screen TVs. The one in my room was 32".
One more lamp in the corner of the room would have given much better lighting.
None of the above would keep me from coming back.
In the morning I was greeted with a warm smile from Tina, serving the breakfast. She takes pride in what she does.
Great place Great staff.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 16 July 2013

We read all the reviews about the business park location and were a little worried. But, the location is fine. Almost right off the freeway and right next to a Harley Davidson dealer for motor cycle enthusiasts. Our room was huge, new and well appointed. Nice bathroom too.

We used the workout equipment and the laundry facilities. The breakfast was not overwhelming, but fine for an included breakfast.

Loved the location for our family in nearby Mason and Lansing. For the hotel savings over Lansing rates, well worth a quick 8 mile drive or so down the freeway. Would stay again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2013

In comparing this Holiday Inn Express with others it falls between Average and Very Good! Staff all friendly and nice... Desk clerk spent lots of time arranging reservations for us for following day at another hotel on our route..when everything online had no availability.. Would stay again if in the area...And...getting an upgrade from Standard Room to large King Suite is always nice and one of the perks of the Priority program...

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 July 2013

My wife and I were heading out for a weekend without the kids. We were going to have dinner and take in a Lansing Lugnuts game. I checked all the hotels in the area that were close to the ball park, but they all wanted $120 or more. This Holiday Inn Express is a little off the beaten path, but it's only 8 miles from the downtown Lansing area which works out nice. We were there an hour before check in which wasn't a problem. We got out room and dropped our stuff of before we headed out. Our room was clean as was the rest of the hotel. We got up a little later than we wanted to so by the time we got down to breakfast it was picked over. We still were able to have a good breakfast before checking out. I would recommend this place if you are vising the Lansing area.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2013 via mobile

You know its really too bad since this is obviously a newly built hotel. My family stayed here because it was the cheapest hotel in the area to use my points. It isn't conveniently located to anything and way off the beaten path. Our bad experience started when we took the kids to the pool to find they didn't include a hot tub in a brand new hotel. This morning we went to take the kids to the pool only to find out the pool doesn't open unil 10am...so at checkout. I asked the lady at the front desk if she could open it any earlier and she rudely said no, this is after I interrupted her personal phone call. At this point we decided to just get breakfast. My kids got pancakes and did like them but my wife and I got cereal. We both took a bite only to taste horribly sour milk! I tried 5 other milk cartons and found them all to be sour, this to me is inexcusable! Now we are leaving with no breakfast and not being able to swim this morning...I am so happy I wasted my hard earned points on this stay. It takes me a lot of stays to earn enough points to do a rewards night and I feel that this place robbed us of our rewards night. There are too many other nice hotels in Lansing to waste your time staying here. I will be reevaluating my priority club membership altogether... I hear Choice has a good program.

Tim N.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank TimfromMichigan
Tasha K, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lansing-Dimondale, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2013

I am so sorry to hear how unsatisfied you were with your stay. I have talked to my staff to inform them of the issues brought to our attention by your review. I will be sure these are taken care of and they do not happen again. I appreciate you bringing these issues to my attention, however I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us while here. Hopefully, if you are in the Lansing area again you will give us a second chance to prove ourselves as a great hotel.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dimondale
Comfort Inn & Suites Dimondale
#4 of 26 in Lansing
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lansing
Fairfield Inn & Suites Lansing West
Holiday Inn Express Charlotte

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lansing-Dimondale? Share your experiences!