“Quality choice in Douglas/Saugatuck area”

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Saugatuck - Douglas
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Douglas
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We recently spent 5 days here while visiting family. We were extremely satisfied with our choice of lodging. The room was clean and fresh, the fireplace was great for warming up the room, the beds were comfortable, with quality linens. My family enjoyed the breakfast options, especially the make your own waffles. The indoor pool is large and heated. Great choice!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank William C
Management response:Responded 1 May 2014

Thank you for the positive feedback on your recent stay with us at AmericInn Hotel.

We are constantly updating our breakfast menu to bring our guests the most inviting, nutritious foods. We are pleased to hear that your entire family was satisfied!

We thank you for choosing to stay with us and welcome you back anytime your in town.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

I was very happy with our decision to stay here for our long weekend. The hotel was very clean, the staff was very nice and the breakfast was very satisfying (waffles, eggs, sausage, oatmeal, cereal, bagels, toast, english muffins, juice). We stayed in a king suite with a jacuzzi, fridge and microwave. I will stay here again if we ever return to the area.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rescue3a
Management response:Responded 1 May 2014

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at AmericInn Hotel of Saugatuck/Douglas.

We take great pride in the presentation and upkeep of our rooms and amenities. It's the comfort and happiness of our guests' that matter most to us.

We look forward to having you back anytime you're in the area. Thank you for choosing to stay with AmericInn Hotel.

Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here a couple months ago- really nice room! So me and my husband wanted to go away for a couple nights so I picked here! I booked it on expedia! That must mean give them the crapy room! The room must be the room they give the Expedia customers by the way they were talking! The dead bolt lock is broke- told the front desk- the lady asked if I was scared:( really! Also stained blankets. Then asked if I could up grade and they said no because I booked through expedia! We'll not be staying here again and also won't be using expedia ever again:(

Stayed: March 2014
6  Thank Jameslee221
Reviewed 20 January 2014

this will be a mixed review, i went back to this hotel because i went there last year and it was great! this time not so great, got the fireplace room with 2 queens, it was handicapped accessible (we are not handicapped) the room seemed dated, the beds okay, fireplace and tv were nice the shower was a wheelchair shower when you showered with the curtain closed the water flowed out in front of the toilet. okay not a big issue, get a towel problem solved, next mornings breakfast was missing a lot, at 9:30 i was fortunate enough to get 1 of 3 bagels left, it was basically non existent, however last year it was very perfect last year. check out was at 11am at 10:30am both room key cards stopped working, i got locked out of the building had to walk to the front entrance, then was locked out of the room. If I stayed here again, definitely would ask for a king room, because that was nicer.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 1 May 2014

We would like to thank you for choosing to stay with AmericInn Hotel.

We would also like to apologize for any inconveniences you had during your stay. We typically keep breakfast items that are out for consumption to minimum to reduce waste and maximize freshness. Typically staff is available for breakfast to assist our guests with anything they may need such as fresh food items, coffee, etc. Again, we sincerely apologize for your unpleasant experience during breakfast.

Our key card system has undergone a complete upgrade to ensure accuracy and avoid any future problems. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Thank you again for giving our Hotel a chance and we really look forward to having you back. We would like the opportunity for you to experience our hotel at its best.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

Clean rooms and pool area with very helpful staff. Is rather silly that this "box" requires a minimum of 200 characters in order to submit it. To fulfill this silliness....the quick brown fox jumped over lazy grey dog.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Heather G
Management response:Responded 1 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel.

We at AmericInn strive to bring our guests' a most enjoyable experience during their stay with such amenities as indoor pool/hot tub, free hot breakfast, and Wi-Fi.

We are pleased that you had a pleasant experience with us and would love to have you back anytime you're in the area!

Reviewed 29 December 2013

Before checking in, I thought the price may be too good to be true. Well, it is! I am very thankful to my colleague who told me to always check the mattresses/sheets prior to doing anything else in a new hotel room of any kind. My mom, dog and I went to our room and as I was checking my mattress I FOUND A DEAD BUG LYING ON A LOWER SHEET. I am not sure what kind of bug it was, but WHO CARES? THAT IS GROSS AND DISGUSTING. The hotel staff person was nice enough but came in and said it was a "ladybug". Well I never saw a ladybug that large and gross before. We hightailed out of there as fast as we could. We ended up staying at Rosemont Inn and I can't recommend it enough. It was phenomenal.
I think it's important for others to know that I found a bug at this location.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Aaron S
Reviewed 17 December 2013

we stayed in one of the hot tub rooms a real value for a weekend stay around one hundred dollars. Nice clean rooms pleasant staff we enjoyed our stay. One suggestion please up grade your breakfast items.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jon M
Management response:Responded 1 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel.

We appreciate your feedback and take into consideration all guest comments and suggestions.

Thank you for choosing AmericInn Hotel of Saugatuck/Douglas for your stay.

Guest Services

Also consider these accommodations in or near Douglas
Hampton Inn Holland
#1 of 10 in Saugatuck
Starlite Resort
Starlite Resort
#2 of 10 in Saugatuck

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Saugatuck - Douglas? Share your experiences!