My wife and I enjoyed a lovely stay at the Sherwood Forest B&B. The owners were more than accommodating. Only a one minute walk to lake Michigan and a little farther to the entire Oval beach area, I highly recommend this early 20th century home to anyone thinking of visiting the Saugatuck area. FYI, the B&Bs in Saugatuck (Eagleton) are way overpriced for what is actually a much friendlier accommodating village in Douglas (Pawnee), which is where the Sherwood is located. As we walked to Saugatuck for shopping and dinner (a 40 minute walk), we found it a refreshing break from our normal walking routine. Yes our Spring Break was a little chilly, but we found the area extremely pleasant, as it was not inhabited by the typical resort town aficionados.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Victorian-style, surrounded by woods, this beautiful home offers antique-furnished guest rooms with private baths, cozy wing chairs and Persian rugs. Three suites available, two with Jacuzzi-fireplace. Travel on Safari in our signature suite, the Safari Room, boasting 440 sq. ft. with a large sitting room, walk in shower and claw foot tub, decorated with authentic South African artifacts. Don your terry cloth bathrobe and have breakfast on your own private balcony in the forest. Our Tree Tops room sports a hand-painted mural that transforms the room into a canopied tree loft, complemented by gas fireplace. Heated pool, bicycles, 1/2 block to Lake Michigan public beach and spectacular sunsets. In winter, X-country ski or hike wooded paths. Separate cottage also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Sherwood Forest Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sherwood Forest b&b
- Sherwood Forest Hotel Douglas
- Sherwood Forest Bed And Breakfast Douglas, Michigan