My wife and I stayed here for our anniversary weekend. We enjoyed every aspect of the stay and found the B&B very welcoming and accomidating. The hosts made excellent dinner eccomendations and would help book resverations. The house is very welcoming and has a nice living room if you need to teak a break from enjoying the nearby towns.
The rooms are very large, and a seperate sitting area is great for relxation. I highly reccomend the rooms with the larger bath-rooms, as the whirl pool tubs are very relaxing. The beakfast is excellent and very accomidating. You're given a two hour window to arrive and a hot plate of food is immediatly brought to you. Coffee is fesh and constantly re-brewed.
It's was within walking distance of Saugatuck, it's a loner walk but very doable. The chain ferry was not in operation so we could not get to the downtown without driving. The nearby beach of lake Michigna is not to be missed.
There is a refrigerator in the bathroom which is great for chilled wine or bringing home a leftover if you need a mid day snack. only negative was the bed was a little firm but hopefully it's a newer matress that is being broken in.
Overall this is a great value for the town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Victorian-style, surrounded by woods, this beautiful home offers antique-furnished guest rooms with private baths, cozy wing chairs and Persian rugs. Three suites available, two with Jacuzzi-fireplace. Travel on Safari in our signature suite, the Safari Room, boasting 440 sq. ft. with a large sitting room, walk in shower and claw foot tub, decorated with authentic South African artifacts. Don your terry cloth bathrobe and have breakfast on your own private balcony in the forest. Our Tree Tops room sports a hand-painted mural that transforms the room into a canopied tree loft, complemented by gas fireplace. Heated pool, bicycles, 1/2 block to Lake Michigan public beach and spectacular sunsets. In winter, X-country ski or hike wooded paths. Separate cottage also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Sherwood Forest Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sherwood Forest b&b
- Sherwood Forest Hotel Douglas
- Sherwood Forest Bed And Breakfast Douglas, Michigan