My wife and I checked in for four nights during our honeymoon. The location is great (between the charming downtown areas in Saugatuck, Douglas, and Fennville; 5 minute walk from public beach access).
We were amazed by the historic architecture and beauty evident across the home. Our room (Rose) was comfortable, with ample windows and space despite being one of the least expensive options.
We mainly interacted with Jim, who welcomed us with complimentary glasses of wine before giving us a brief orientation to the area including recommendations that proved to be in quite good taste.
The breakfast each morning was impressive (and my wife and I consider ourselves foodies, to some extent). Jim and co. have a knack for presentation of the main plate, and there was ample yogurt, fruit, coffee, coffee cake, etc. As a big meat-eater, I would have loved some additional protein on the menu, but I couldn't deny the quality of what was offered.
I read the unfortunate experience detailed by novaboyRoselle. We had two mix-ups - a massage reservation that didn't go through, and a Visa card number that was mis-transcribed. I thought Jim handled both of these occasions well, and I have lost my stack over poor customer service in other settings. The parking is fully off-street and was ample for the duration of my stay.
My wife and I agreed that we would have no hesitation staying there again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Victorian-style, surrounded by woods, this beautiful home offers antique-furnished guest rooms with private baths, cozy wing chairs and Persian rugs. Three suites available, two with Jacuzzi-fireplace. Travel on Safari in our signature suite, the Safari Room, boasting 440 sq. ft. with a large sitting room, walk in shower and claw foot tub, decorated with authentic South African artifacts. Don your terry cloth bathrobe and have breakfast on your own private balcony in the forest. Our Tree Tops room sports a hand-painted mural that transforms the room into a canopied tree loft, complemented by gas fireplace. Heated pool, bicycles, 1/2 block to Lake Michigan public beach and spectacular sunsets. In winter, X-country ski or hike wooded paths. Separate cottage also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Sherwood Forest Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sherwood Forest b&b
- Sherwood Forest Hotel Douglas
- Sherwood Forest Bed And Breakfast Douglas, Michigan