“Salad bar is best!”

Dining options: After-hours
Sodus, Michigan, United States
“Salad bar is best!”
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Food is okay - nothing special! Very generic, no exciting taste. We like the salad bar and all the different items on it. To be honest the kids probably like it better because it has chips & salsa, toasted garlic bread, oh and they get to have popcorn while we wait.

• Visited January 2014

dowagiac
“prime rib good”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

good prime rib ... coooked medium rare... not over done like some places............and service great.. considering it was a very busy friday night...

• Visited January 2014
Michigan
“good, not great”
Reviewed 1 November 2013

We enjoyed the fish fry: ample servings, not greasy, hot!! But we were really moved on out. Do not order the cream of jalepeno soup nor the clam chowder. They're the classic "hospital" cream of nothing soups with additions (i.e. milk thickened with lots of flour). Order the French Onion if you want a hearty soup worth eating. We each left 1/2 of our cream soups. The salad bar is clean, crisp , and could definitely make a meal. Breads, veggies, salads, cheese, etc. on salad bar. Before we were 1/2 through with our salads our meal was at our table. We were not served water with our drinks, and having had a glass of wine I really needed water. //the waitress didn't ask if we wanted more fish....instead asked if we wanted carry out boxes for the fish we were presently eating. Haven't ever felt so rushed through a meal. Hope this doesn't happen again as we will be giving it another try.

• Visited November 2013
Oxnard, California
“A waste of money.”
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Zeke's has a pretty big menu and beer, but their food is terrible. My husband and I ordered Bourbon Street New York Strip 12 oz. $17.25 for our sides we both had rice pilaf, that taste like grits mixed with puke. I switched it up for steam broccoli that had a microwave taste. My baked potato was plain no flavor.. nothing. We asked if we could try the ribs sauce and it was just BBQ sauce loaded with onions. Service was ok. This place would be great for people who wants to have a few or many drinks, but not couples or families (I personally would never fed my children with that horrible food).

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank 444melissaf
zekesdowagiac, Manager at Zeke's, responded to this review, 28 August 2013
We read and listen to all comments concerning Zekes.
We hope you asked to see a manager on your visit, we would have been
happy to give you whatever you wanted to make your meal pleasurable.
Our policy is to have everyone leave with a full stomach, and happy to return.
New Britain, Connecticut
“Go For the Beer not the Food”
Reviewed 9 July 2013

The family that owns Zeek's has a similar restaurant in a nearby town. We ate at the other restaurant with our local in-laws many years ago and my memory was that it was good.
Zeek's didn't live up to my memories. I had the catfish. The portion was large enough but it was over cooked. Under the fried batter was soft mushie fish. My wife had the pan fried trout that she said was good. One son's "fire" chicken sandwich was very mild. The only spice was from the pepperjack cheese. The other son had the steak and rib combo. He questioned the discription of the cut of meat served. It didn't appear to be the cut on the menue.
The best thing I can say is that the service was OK.

• Visited July 2013