“GREAT GETAWAY FOR COUPLE ONLY OR WITH THE KIDS!!”

Drummond Island Resort and Conference Ct
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Drummond Island
Reviewed 25 February 2014

We have stayed twice within the last 6 months coming from the TC area. Well worth the drive (I would drive further if I had to) My husband & I went for the Island Fall Fest, which was a GREAT time & such a beautiful time on year on the island. We knew we'd have to bring the kids. We went for a mid-winter break just 2 weeks ago. Not disappointed, at all! Lot's to do outside, which is all included in your room rate. Great rooms, great food & better yet, very accommodating people. We will continue to stay at the resort & next time we're bring friends to enjoy this perfect setting for an Up North Getaway.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank KAFrederick

Reviewed 20 September 2013

I stayed in a room at the lodge as part of a business meeting. My room was quiet, clean, and the temperature was easy to adjust to one I prefer. My lodge room had a fridge which isn't always a given at a place like this and was a nice plus. The room was a little dark for my preference, but that comes with the lodge decor.

I really liked the common area. It was clean and quiet and very comfortable. There were common areas on both floors and plenty of space to have an off-line meeting if needed.

The front desk service was friendly and good. The housekeeping service was weak. At first, I wasn't sure someone even visited my room.

There were two huge drawbacks for me. First was Verizon does not work here. I was out of phone contact for two days in a business meeting... not good. The second concern was many of my co-workers were unable to get wifi in their rooms. My room was very near the common areas and had good wifi service, but most of my co-workers were not so lucky.

The grounds are beautiful as are the surrounding areas. If you can afford to go offline for a vacation, this is a little spot of paradise.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Busywithbusiness
Amy H, Director of Sales at Drummond Island Resort and Conference Ct, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

So glad you enjoyed your room during your recent stay. I do apologize that you did not experience better housekeeping service. Our standard procedure for anybody staying over multiple nights is to make beds, take out trash and change out towels each day. If a service was missed in your room for any reason, please accept our apologies. As to cellular service on the island, unfortunately the cellular companies do not share service and at this time AT&T is the island's only nationwide provider. Hopefully between connecting with our wifi either in the room or in the common areas, along with the in room phones, gave you and the rest of your co-workers enough connection time during your stay on the island and at our resort. We hope to be able to provide broader wifi coverage through our provider in the future and appreciate your feedback very much!

Reviewed 27 August 2013

On the tail end of our family vacation we decided to spend a couple days on Drummond Island. My wife and I called a number of places trying to find a place to stay but didn’t want to end up in some dirty hunting cabin. It was hard to find places to stay on Drummond Island, as most of them are not listed online so you’re basically booking site unseen. We got in touch with someone at the Drummond island Resort and they had a few rooms available. We booked a room and started the drive over to the island.

When we arrived at the resort we were both pleasantly surprised, the resort is really nice and has a ton of amenities. The first thing that we noticed was the resort had a bar/restaurant/bowling ally right on the property. Next we passed a number of bikes lined up that were available for the guests to use during their stay. In addition they also have kayaks that can be used as well. Down the road they have golf and a fine dinning restaurant. The lobby is really neat and setup like an old logging building with lots of high-end log style furniture. The kids loved the room as it was setup like a log style cabin and had a loft with a nice view of the pool. They also enjoyed a number of movies that were available free of charge in the lobby.

The air conditioner in the room was a little outdated. It would shut off randomly but luckily it cooled off enough at night that we could open the big bay windows and cool off the room. Besides that, everything else was great.

I would defiantly recommend this resort to others and if we take another trip to Drummond Island I would feel comfortable booking the room again.

1  Thank Brad G

Glad you enjoyed your stay at our resort and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 24 August 2013

We joined my husband on his business trip here. It is as far east as you can geographically go in the state of Michigan. Great place if you are looking to getaway. The "resort" is in need of updating, but very clean and comfortable. The majority of the front desk staff was very helpful and friendly, with the exception of one woman. Laurie was by far the best! The log cabin feel of the room was nice, but quite sparse. The rooms definitely need more lighting. The loft was great for our son. The one tennis court is pretty well kept. The free bikes and helmets offered for use were usable, but very well used. Bowling next door was super cheap. The golf path is clean and smooth - just watch out for golf carts when bike riding. Housekeeping was slow. The pool was the best amenity - 85 degrees and extraordinarily clean. Great job, Jack!

Room Tip: Ask for an updated room with a flat screen television.
2  Thank OriginalFrau

I am very sorry you did not have a pleasant experience with one of our staff members at the front desk. I know our staff is typically very friendly and eager to serve our customers, and to hear you were not treated in that manner by all our staff is very disappointing. Our front desk manager, after reading your feedback, had a meeting with her team reminding each of them the importance of exceptional service and anything less will not be tolerated. Glad your family enjoyed the extra room in the loft style hotel room along with the free amenities. Although outdated the VCR's in the rooms allow us to offer free movies without the risk of theft...who wants to take a VCR movie these days, right! The bikes are always fun, but we do not allow them to be on the golf cart paths during golf season due to the risk of collision with a golf cart. Glad to hear you made it safely! I apologize if you experienced slow housekeeping, if we know you would like an earlier service time we can typically oblige. When we have a majority of our hotel rooms and cottages to service, it does take awhile before they all get completed for the day, sounds like you may have gotten on the latter part of the day, sorry for any inconvenience that may have caused you. The outdoor heated pool was a hit with you and your family, that's great! I will be sure to pass along your feedback to Jack, I'm sure that will make him smile! Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

We had played golf at the resort years ago and thought It would be nice to stay at the hotel.
We had a room at the lodge, next to the ice/soda machine not much sleep for us.
The room is fine, if you like rustic no frills. The linens and towels were thin and no toiletries.
We ate at the Grill/bowling alley, they say they have the best pizza, so we shared a pizza....it was good. We decided to bowl after dinner, not much else to do in the area. We enjoyed our next day playing golf, we really enjoy the course. I would recommend this hotel for families with kids, they have a pool, bowling and a reasonable grill menu. The have old VHS tapes of movies in the lobby and players in the rooms for free. We got a package deal for the room and golf, so I have not complaints.

Room Tip: The rooms are rustic, no frills but I am sure kids would think they are cool
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2013

We stayed in the resort in room 1210. The children thought it was the best place because of the loft bedroom. The room could have been just a little larger for four adults and three children, but it was alright for two nights. Clean and comfortable otherwise. However, some of the staff were not very cordial. We left the do not disturb button on our door so the room was not cleaned. When I went down to request extra coffee, cups, towels, etc. some of the staff made clear how inconvenienced they were. Request for local information was not helpful. We went to the visitors center and they were wonderful. The Bowling Alley and Grill were wonderful. The service there was exceptional and we had a lot of fun bowling.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Amy H, Director of Sales at Drummond Island Resort and Conference Ct, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay and were able to take advantage of the roomy loft hotel room with 3 queen beds for your large group. I do apologize for your unpleasant experience at our front desk and assure you that is not the normal behavior for our staff. Our front desk staff are genuinely good, service oriented people and I am so sorry you were not given the exceptional service they are typically known to give. Our lodging manager has addressed the issue with her staff and we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. I'm glad you all had a great time at Pins Bar & Grill, bowling there is always a good time too! I hope you will consider a return trip in the future.

Reviewed 7 July 2013

The boathouse, which we rented for a rustic stay, is in terrible need of a carpenter. Am okay with sloping floors and peeling exterior paint, but the screen door should close out bugs and the windows should open for ventilation, as there is no air conditioning. Weeds should not be growing up into the stairway. It was clean, but cannot expect the staff to clean rotten window sills or missing baseboards. However, the views were beyond compare. When I mentioned the condition issues to staff upon checkout, they said, " well, people either love the boathouse or they don't"

We did not.

#1 of 3 in Bruce Mines
Hilton Beach Inn
Hilton Beach Inn
#4 of 5 in St. Joseph Island

Been to Drummond Island Resort and Conference Ct? Share your experiences!