“Pleased with this hotel”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dundee
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Dundee
Ontario Canada
“Pleased with this hotel”
Reviewed 8 October 2012

Not sure when I booked this what it would be like. I have never stayed in a Country Inn. The reviews seemed pretty good and I booked it on Hotels.com. The price was really good $86.00 a night. We booked two nights. The hotel was lovely and the rooms were very large. The people were super nice. They have coffee, hot chocolate and tea in the lobby all day and night. It was wonderful coffee. It came with a free breakfast and it was wonderful. Try the waffle. I am glad we booked two nights as this was really wonderful. They have a pool and whirlpool and it looks very clean. The only downfall was a very small amount of mold around the the tub. Windows in the room could be opened and that was wonderful since it was beautiful outside. They have free cookies in the lobby too. Free WiFi. They had down pillows which I did not really like.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces West. It is very bright in the morning.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Caldwell4321, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dundee, responded to this review, 2 November 2012
Thank your for your tripadvisor review on our hotel. It sounds like we have met all expectations except for one area which is room condition. I'd like to have a bit more feedback from you regarding the issue. If you could email or call hotel and ask for me it would help us to improve our conditions and fine tune our operations. cx_dund@countryinns.com 734-529-8822
Derick Caldwell

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Reviewed 4 October 2012

Very happy with the hotel: price; location; clean; big room; and, close to cabela's! I was traveling on business, and I will stay here again next time.
I wish there were better restaurants in the area, but that's not the hotel's fault.

• Stayed October 2012
I'm pleased that you chose our hotel for your business in Dundee. Thanks for taking the time to write a great review. Sounds like you have the right idea, relaxing in whirlpool while watching hdtv. Regarding the bedding, I wanted to let you know that our duvets are washed on a scheduled basis. We do receive feedback that the simple white duvets are preferred. We will continue to collect the info that our guests provide to make smart choices moving forward.
Forrest City, Arkansas
Reviewed 22 August 2012

I stayed at the Hotel for a week on Business. The bed was comfortable and the room was extremely clean. I had a large flat screen TV that swiveled so I could watch it while relaxing in the tub. I had one of the spa rooms that have a wonderful Jacuzzi tub in the room. I also had a wet bar area that had a microwave and small fridge.

The Staff were very friendly and helpful.

Breakfast was great. I made use of the area behind the hotel and read there quite often.

I only have one complaint ( really just my opinion, not a complaint ) and would have given this 5 stars if it was not for this; the bed was nice and the linens were clean but the bed had one of those old style comforters on it instead of the white duvets that most of the nicer hotels are going with now. As I said the room was really clean, but those old style top blankets gross me out because I wonder how often that they are washed. The white duvet covers are changed daily and are much more sanitary in my opinion.

This is a really nice place to stay.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Caldwell4321, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dundee, responded to this review, 16 August 2013
We agree, we have since gone to a much lighter bedding option. We have triple sheeted our beds along with our renovation; it's a much more clean look and comfortable option. We still have the bed in a bag for those cool Michigan nights. Thanks for the feedback.
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 10 August 2012

This is the second time we've stayed at this hotel. It was as excellent as we remembered. Great location with several dining options across the street. Wonderful seating area behind the hotel. Perfect for relaxing and reading. The rooms and common areas are extremely clean and comfortable. The location is perfect for a quiet getaway. The town of Dundee is quaint with a wonderful antique store in the candle shop. The hotel is very easy to find. Definitely a favorite with both my husband and I.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good, but we prefer the upper floor.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Caldwell4321, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dundee, responded to this review, 2 November 2012
On behalf of our team thanks for the review. I really enjoy sharing these types of reviews with our staff. From all of us thank you for choosing our hotel while in quaint Dundee. Next time in town ask us about some favorite local restaurants as well.
Redondo Beach, California
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Though I have stayed at the Country Inn & Suites (CIS) several times before, they never cease to impress me with their customer service and friendliness.

Since I was taking a "red-eye" flight into the area for a funeral, I had called in advance to see if I could get early check-in to freshen-up and change clothes before I went to the mortuary. The front desk said they couldn't promise me an early check-in (they were full), but that they would do their best to accommodate me when I arrived.

After my flight landed early, I arrived at the hotel a few hours prior to regular check-in (way early) to see if I was lucky enough to get in my room. When I told the front desk clerk my name, she said "Ah. We've been waiting for you. We have your room ready." It seems another guest checked-out early that morning and they sent someone from housekeeping up to clean the room in anticipation of my early arrival. WOW! What other hotel does THAT???

The rest of the visit CIS lived-up to its usual high standards. Its location close to several restaurants and a major highway (US23) is very convenient. The hotel grounds and building are kept very clean and tidy and the staff is very friendly and helpful. Unlike some other hotels I've stayed at, all the folks at the CIS in Dundee seem to actually like people and are genuinely warm and welcoming. For folks who are planning to stay around the Dundee area, the CIS is great option that is worth recommending...

My only other recommendation is to avoid the fresh-baked cookies, unless you're wearing loose pants, because it's hard to stop at just one...

Room Tip: If you are highly-sensitive to lights, the rooms facing the highway and parking lot also face a 24-h...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Caldwell4321, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dundee, responded to this review, 3 August 2012
Thank you for your review. If we can we always try to get people in the room early. We appreciate your feedback very much, we hope to see you again soon. The cookies will be fresh baked and waiting!
usa
Reviewed 10 July 2012

The room was very comfortable, bed excellent for a weary traveler. Some people might complain about an "older" boxy television but the picture was good enough and the channels available OUTSTANDING. Saw them bringing in a new flat screen on the elevator so they must be changing out the rooms as they can. We weren't there to watch tv anyway. Breakfast was decent. Excellent value for the money.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dundee, responded to this review, 13 July 2012
Thank you for the great review! We just completed the flatscreen tv's, we now have 32 inch in all rooms with 31 HD channels including HBO. We are excited to offer this to our guests. We hope to see you again in Dundee.
Georgia
Reviewed 8 July 2012

We have stayed at this location many times and they never fail to deliver. It was nice starting with Bailey at check-in, she is a new employee with great customer service skills. We were upgraded to a suite and it was nice having the extra room for the week. Comfortable bed with plenty of pillows. Very clean, comfortable location. Fresh cookies and HOT coffee in the lobby. Clean and welcoming breakfast room and friendly attendant. We used the hot tub just one evening and it was great. Housekeeping staff was very friendly. You cannot go wrong choosing this location. Highly recommended. Thank you Derick for running such a clean, comfortable location. See you at Christmas.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
We are very appreciative of taking the time to tell Tripadvisor your experience with us. Our staff loves to read these reviews; I look forward to sharing with the team. We will have the cookies freshly baked at your next visit!
Derick Caldwell
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dundee
Quality Inn Dundee
Carlton Lodge
Carlton Lodge
#3 of 4 in Adrian
Wingate by Wyndham Sylvania/Toledo

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dundee? Share your experiences!