“Sunday”

Description: May be listed as Bricktown Diner and Coney Island
Dundee, Michigan
“Sunday”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Went there for a brunch before going shopping, and we got there right before they closed at three. The Gyro skillet was ok. It lacked eye appeal big time when it was brought to me. And thank God I like extra crispy hashbrowns, since they were very well done.
I know that I can be a human garbage disposal as my kids say, LOL! but I did go to school for culinary arts. The first and last plate out should look the same. This was on the low end and "we are almost closed so hurry up" view.
I've cooked at some high end and lower end places in my life. But you gotta hold tight to the pride in presentation. Past visits have been good. Note that if your not a fan of thick bacon, beware. Its good, but some people are not as open to this style..
First and utmost, we eat with our eyes. Maybe it was just the timing of the day, but that presentation failed for me.
The server was friendly and polite, and served us with a smile and made us laugh. very nice!

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Robocop48131

a
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

The coney dogs were great. My Greek salad was perfect and the hummus was delicious served with pita,Greek olives and drizzled with olive oil. We will go back for sure

1 Thank jaoandb
Dundee, Michigan, United States
“Frequent Breakfast Visitor”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Quick, home cooked breakfast. Great specials and more than you can eat (most of the time). We normally visit here a couple times a month for breakfast mainly and have had to leave because the place was packed. Ran errands and tables did open up. Can't go wrong with the great prices and tasty food.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank April E
Evanston, Illinois
“Great for breakfast - you won't be disappointed!”
Reviewed 27 December 2013

While visiting family in Milan, just up the road, I talked them into this restaurant instead of the same-old same-old Coney in Milan that they always like. Bricktown is a good-sized restaurant, with classic brick walls and plenty of tables. We found out the weekday breakfast 'early bird' special (before 11) was incredible: $2.99 for two eggs, ham/bacon/sausage, toast, and hash browns or grits. WOW! The portions of potatoes given were huge, so we took some home and reheated for the next day. There were four of us, and everyone liked their food. The service seemed a tad slow, but it was Christmas Eve, so we'll forgive them for that. If you're in Dundee and want a REAL breakfast, this is a good choice.

Visited December 2013
3 Thank BJ C
“Lots of food”
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

Originally we are from Detroit but now northern Michigan cannot get a good coney up there. The food was great, service very friendly. We had the Brick house coney with chili-cheese fries. Large variety besides just coney's

1 Thank AParrott88

Been to Bricktown Coney Island? Share your experiences!