“Nice room, but check the sheets.”
Review of Quality Inn Dundee

Quality Inn Dundee
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Dundee
Reviewed 6 October 2011

The Quality Inn Dundee is a lot nicer then most Quaily Inn's at least the ones I have stayed in. There was no smell of rank smoke and no one was rude, which seems to be the norm. for most Quality Inn's. Upon checking in you are warmly greeted by some of nicest front desk staff I have ever came across in my travels. They are willing to go out of the way to help you. Truly great staff. The room is self was plenty big enough. I had a 2 bed on the first floor. Over all the room was clean. The walls were a little thin but its a budget hotel what do you expect. The only issues in the room was the sheets were stained and seemed to have arm pit hair or pubic hair in them in both bed. I suppose it could have also been pet hair but as far as I know this was a no pet property. To over come this I just slept on top of the cover and used the blanket from the other bed to cover up with, The indoor pool was wonderful and even open late till midnight. The location was also very nice, just off of 23. Over all I was not unhappy with my stay and give it 3.5 stars for a budget hotel. If given the choice I'm not sure I would stay here again because of the stains that looked to be blood stains on the sheets and all the hair. When I say all the hair i'm not talking just a little but a large amount.

Room Tip: Ask for one away from the pool if your picky, also tell them you want clean sheets.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn Dundee

Reviewed 20 August 2011

My husband and I stayed here last week on our way to Northern Michigan. I do recommend it. I loved the indoor pool and suna. Everything was very clean. It was near Cabela's which my husband loved and also near several quick eating spots. (walking distance). Breakfast was above average but could be improved.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hendy1234
Reviewed 11 June 2011

We stayed here while visiting family. The room was just generally " dirty" and musty smelling. There was a hole that had been punched in the bathroom door and our large mirror was missing. The hotel could benefit from a makeover. Location is convenient, free wifi was nice and staff was good.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Twobair
Reviewed 14 February 2011

Did not expect Hilton superiority with Quailty Inn – but I did reserve the largest Jacuzzi suite for $130+ so, yeah – I expected decency. Did not get it. We could ignore the fact the alarm clock/radio would only play static. We could work around the fact that weak Jacuzzi jets were on a timer that would only last 15 minutes (felt more like 10 minutes) and every time the timer would stop – you would have to get out of the tub and walk across the room to turn it back on for “15” minutes just to do it all over again – every “15” minutes. We could ignore the super thick cow-webs on the ceiling that gave us a Halloween nightmare feeling. We can ignore the fact that the indoor hot tub was broke down our entire stay. We could ignore the fact that if 2 people were getting food at the breakfast bar – it was super crowded and no room to breathe. Its just a Quality Inn – what more can we expect?! Well – I should be able to expect a decent room since we paid over $130 for a “romantic “Jacuzzi suite. Instead we found ourselves in a room with absolutely no insulation. So the entire time we could hear every splash, every foot step, every sound from the pool area . In the lobby, in the hallway- you could NOT hear a sound from the pool area. Open our “romantic suite” room door – you could hear everything like you were walking into the pool area. Tolerated it at first – we checked it at 3pm and there was a kids birthday party at the pool. Loud as [--] but we put up with it - leaving for our Valentines Date night helped. It was all okay until the pool opened at 8am and the kids started screaming in the pool area again. Not the kids fault – they were there to have fun. But we got the romantic suite for a romantic time – not to be waken up at 8am with pool noises. I called front desk to see if they were aware of the noise issue, and they said “Yes, we cannot control the location of the room”. Really?! The room just appeared there one day?! Or they can’t put a layer of insulation in the room?! Again, you could not hear the pool noise ANYWHERE unless you went in the pool area or our room , same difference. Total waste of money – will never stay there again. Total disappointment for paying so much.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 January 2011

I reviewed this hotel back in 2009, and beat it up a little bit because it deserved it. I really had no desire to return, but it was close to a job site, and the weather forcast was calling for freezing rain, and it's in the Choice Hotels chain so I get the points, so I decided to give it one more shot. I'm glad I did. I found out the the hotel in under new management, and the new management seems committed to improving the hotel. The rooms are definately cleaner than last time, and the lighting has improved. They completely rewired the internet, becasue I could barely get it in. This time, it was almost as fast as my connection at home, so I liked using it a lot. They have added a few channels to the lineup, although a few more wouldn't hurt (let's talk about Fox Sports so we can watch the Red Wing games!). They've added the waffle iron to the continental breakfast, so it's on par with other Choice Hotels. They said that eggs and sausage would be coming in the future. The staff genuinely seemed to care this time, which they didn't in 2009. There is still some work to do in improving the place, and the staff told me that more upgrades were in the works. They turned my opinion of the hotel 180 degrees. The next time I'm in Dundee, I'll stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 December 2010

You make contacting you through E-mailing, nearly impossible. You charged my Visa for a two night stay, but we only asked for one night. that's all we stayed (Thanksgiving day 2010) I wouln't have know if I didn't check my credit card statement. You have tarnished great expectations of future lodging with Qulity Inn's. Probably just an oversite, but why did this work out in your favor? We are very distraught over the inconvienance. Your mistake, you take care of this to our satisfaction. Yes, we are as expected beyond disatisfied.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank viper4664
Reviewed 12 November 2010

We stayed here for one night to entertain our kids during some snowy, snowy weather. We did it for the pool and it was well worth it. There weren't many other guests and we were upgraded to a suite, it was super clean and awesome! with a kitchenette, it's own private balcony overlooking the pool, and an in room hot tub large enough for a family of 4! The room itself was their big suite, or so that's how they referred to it. It was massive, very clean and well worth the money. The pool was super clean, bathrooms by the pool super clean, staff constantly checked on us at the pool area offering us more towels and even to call a pizza order in for us. The hot tub was great and the tables and chairs by the pool were very comfortable. We had a great time swimming for a day while we watched it snow outside!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dundee
Days Inn & Suites Dundee
#3 of 8 in Monroe
Carlton Lodge
Carlton Lodge
#3 of 4 in Adrian

Been to Quality Inn Dundee? Share your experiences!