“Waste of money” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn Dundee

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Quality Inn Dundee
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Dundee
Fort Wayne, IN
“Waste of money”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2011

Did not expect Hilton superiority with Quailty Inn – but I did reserve the largest Jacuzzi suite for $130+ so, yeah – I expected decency. Did not get it. We could ignore the fact the alarm clock/radio would only play static. We could work around the fact that weak Jacuzzi jets were on a timer that would only last 15 minutes (felt more like 10 minutes) and every time the timer would stop – you would have to get out of the tub and walk across the room to turn it back on for “15” minutes just to do it all over again – every “15” minutes. We could ignore the super thick cow-webs on the ceiling that gave us a Halloween nightmare feeling. We can ignore the fact that the indoor hot tub was broke down our entire stay. We could ignore the fact that if 2 people were getting food at the breakfast bar – it was super crowded and no room to breathe. Its just a Quality Inn – what more can we expect?! Well – I should be able to expect a decent room since we paid over $130 for a “romantic “Jacuzzi suite. Instead we found ourselves in a room with absolutely no insulation. So the entire time we could hear every splash, every foot step, every sound from the pool area . In the lobby, in the hallway- you could NOT hear a sound from the pool area. Open our “romantic suite” room door – you could hear everything like you were walking into the pool area. Tolerated it at first – we checked it at 3pm and there was a kids birthday party at the pool. Loud as [--] but we put up with it - leaving for our Valentines Date night helped. It was all okay until the pool opened at 8am and the kids started screaming in the pool area again. Not the kids fault – they were there to have fun. But we got the romantic suite for a romantic time – not to be waken up at 8am with pool noises. I called front desk to see if they were aware of the noise issue, and they said “Yes, we cannot control the location of the room”. Really?! The room just appeared there one day?! Or they can’t put a layer of insulation in the room?! Again, you could not hear the pool noise ANYWHERE unless you went in the pool area or our room , same difference. Total waste of money – will never stay there again. Total disappointment for paying so much.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Kalamazoo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2011

I reviewed this hotel back in 2009, and beat it up a little bit because it deserved it. I really had no desire to return, but it was close to a job site, and the weather forcast was calling for freezing rain, and it's in the Choice Hotels chain so I get the points, so I decided to give it one more shot. I'm glad I did. I found out the the hotel in under new management, and the new management seems committed to improving the hotel. The rooms are definately cleaner than last time, and the lighting has improved. They completely rewired the internet, becasue I could barely get it in. This time, it was almost as fast as my connection at home, so I liked using it a lot. They have added a few channels to the lineup, although a few more wouldn't hurt (let's talk about Fox Sports so we can watch the Red Wing games!). They've added the waffle iron to the continental breakfast, so it's on par with other Choice Hotels. They said that eggs and sausage would be coming in the future. The staff genuinely seemed to care this time, which they didn't in 2009. There is still some work to do in improving the place, and the staff told me that more upgrades were in the works. They turned my opinion of the hotel 180 degrees. The next time I'm in Dundee, I'll stay here again.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
Grand Rapids Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2010

You make contacting you through E-mailing, nearly impossible. You charged my Visa for a two night stay, but we only asked for one night. that's all we stayed (Thanksgiving day 2010) I wouln't have know if I didn't check my credit card statement. You have tarnished great expectations of future lodging with Qulity Inn's. Probably just an oversite, but why did this work out in your favor? We are very distraught over the inconvienance. Your mistake, you take care of this to our satisfaction. Yes, we are as expected beyond disatisfied.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank viper4664
Perrysburg, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2010

We stayed here for one night to entertain our kids during some snowy, snowy weather. We did it for the pool and it was well worth it. There weren't many other guests and we were upgraded to a suite, it was super clean and awesome! with a kitchenette, it's own private balcony overlooking the pool, and an in room hot tub large enough for a family of 4! The room itself was their big suite, or so that's how they referred to it. It was massive, very clean and well worth the money. The pool was super clean, bathrooms by the pool super clean, staff constantly checked on us at the pool area offering us more towels and even to call a pizza order in for us. The hot tub was great and the tables and chairs by the pool were very comfortable. We had a great time swimming for a day while we watched it snow outside!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
Kalamazoo
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2009

Quality Inn is sometimes just a name, not a statement of reality. The room was average, and the staff was fine. The continental breakfast is well below what is offered in almost every other hotel in the chain (I'm a member of the reawrds program and have been to several.) The t.v. channel selection is horrible. Once you eliminate the religous channel and CSPAN, you have about eight left. Location is its biggest saving grace, because Cabellas is across the road and there are restaurants within walking distance. There are also other hotels within walking distance, and I recommend the Country Inn and Suites just down the road over the Quality Inn any day.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Dundee hotels

michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2007

We stayed at the Amerihost in Nov of last year...found the room in wonderful shape..easy to get to Cabela's...overall we plan to stay there again in Nov.

• Liked — Clean room
  • Stayed November 2006, travelled as a couple
      Check-in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dundee
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dundee
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#2 of 9 in Monroe
Econo Lodge Inn and Suites Monroe

Been to Quality Inn Dundee? Share your experiences!