“Clean, comfy, and accomidating” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn Durand

Quality Inn Durand
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Durand
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Clean, comfy, and accomidating”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013

We stayed at this motel when traveling with friends. We needed 7 rooms and the staff was very accommodating. She made a recommendation for dinner. Which proved to be very good. The price was reasonable. The rooms were clean. The beds were very comfortable. It was a pleasant
stay at the end of a week of travel.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank swbiking

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2013

We stayed on a Fri & Sat night. The staff was extremely courteous and helpful. The room was typical for this price range hotel. It was clean. Our room had a fridge and microwave at no addt'l cost. The pool was decent & we were the only ones in it. There is no elevator so if that bothers you ask for a first floor room.
We stayed on the first floor and asked for a room away form noise like ice/vending. It got pretty loud the first night but it was typical hotel noise (doors closing, footsteps on floor above, tv's on) until 2am. The walls are paper thin.
The second night was really quiet.
Breakfast was great. They had waffles, sausage, hard boiled eggs, toast, pastries, oatmeal, yogurt, fruit, plus lots of other options.
The location is close to the highway & next door to Rite Aid and close to Wendy's, McDonalds, and Subway.
The staff was great. We'd stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Amber H
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2013

My first visit here was several years ago when the motel was brand new. I arrived having the same expectations since that wasn't too many years ago. The motel doesn't have elevators; worse the only stairs are located at the end of the building. Second floor guests can expect to walk a lot! You can't enter the building at the side doors, so enter in the main lobby (middle of the building), walk to the end of the hallway, up the stairs, then to your room. Not a big deal unless you have a lot of luggage.

The room wasn't bad, somewhat as I expected. Your standard motel room, clean and well layed out. My room had some issues; the towel bar fell off the wall as soon as I touched the towel. I know housekeeping knew about it.. no way they couldn't. I told the front desk, they just said OK, didn't offer to get it fixed; but for a one night stay it didn't bother me. What was kind of annoying was the vent in the bathroom was picking up smells from other rooms, voices as well. Luckily, I was next to other quiet guests. Breakfast was ok, nothing special, and included a couple hot choices.

Since this is the only lodging in town; it can get quite busy with weddings and highway travelers. Would I stay here again, yes; but my expectations are now a bit lower.

Room Tip: No Elevator, 2nd floor guests can expect a lot of walking.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Buffalo, Wyoming
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2012

This hotel was wonderful! I cannot explain how joyful it made me. The staff was wonderful, the rooms are wonderful. When you walk in, it smells like a crisp meadow. It is warm and cozy, with just a hint of refreshing. The breakfast was very buffet like, though not alot of seating. The rooms are clean and dust free. :) I was very haooy with my stay at the Quality Inn of Durand.

Room Tip: The second floor is the most quiet.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
London, Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2012

A little bit of a drive from Flint, but was well worth it. Clean rooms, look like they have had some renovations not too long ago. Friendly and helpful staff. Surprisingly no noise in the room from the Interstate, and we were on that side of the Hotel!
Breakfast room is large with plenty of options. Perhaps carpet is not the best choice for the breakfast room, about the only concern I could make.
Restaurant options in Durand are limited,,, consider eating before you stop, unless fast food or bar food is OK.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Cambridge, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2012

Checked in after a long day around ten PM. Went to use the vending machines but they would not take any bills more than a one. Asked the the night desk clerk for change and was told "I don't have change" She had a personality of a pound of butter. Went to sleep pretty fast but the phone rang at midnight and was told there was a complaint about us talking too loud. I'm in my sixties and was travelling with my 89 year old father. I told her we were asleep so it was not us. It then took me over an hour to get back to sleep. Our room was five doors down from the desk so she could of walked down and listened and found it was not us and not disturbed our sleep. She did not have to stay at the desk because there wasn't any money to guard. I do not recommend this hotel. The breakfast was not very good either.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Habsfan51

Travellers are raving about these Durand hotels

Clearwater, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2012

We stayed at this hotel because another hotel we wanted to stay at was booked. We had a jacuzzi suite. The wall in the bathroom had drywall that was cut which looked like there was access needed to the jacuzzi as it was on the other side of the wall. THere were two squares cut in the drywall. One was half repaired (sort of), and the other, the drywall was just placed back in the wall. The walls are very thin, we heard full conversations in the room next to us. If you are looking for just a bed to rest, than this is for you if you have the AC on so that you cannot hear anyone in the adjacent rooms or in the hall. The bed was very comfortable. Other than that, don't expect much.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Durand
The Pines Country Inn
Dimmick House
Dimmick House
#3 of 3 in Owosso
BEST WESTERN Flint Airport Inn & Suites

Been to Quality Inn Durand? Share your experiences!