“Great meal with great”

Twisted Rooster
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Twisted Rooster is a unique casual dining concept with three locations in Grand Rapids, Belleville, and Chesterfield, Michigan. Each location is centered around their “Commit to the Mitt” philosophy- encompassing their locally sourced, scratch-made menu as well as their passion for community involvement.
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We had dinner at Twisted Rooster and the meal was delicious as always. This is one of our favorite restaurants for pub food with a twist. We had several local craft beers that were on tap. They have a great selection of local beers! Many of their food ingredients are sourced from Michigan (their Commit to the Mitt program) which is a great selling point. Our group had the Twister Mac & Cheese, the Grouper Sandwich, Fish Tacos, and the Fish & Chips. All were very good.

MeritageHospitality, General Manager at Twisted Rooster, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Thanks, Kristina! Commit to the Mitt!

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Three generations of our family enjoyed a late lunch at The Twisted Rooster. The hit was mac and cheese with lobster. The rest of our party enjoyed sandwiches.

MeritageHospitality, General Manager at Twisted Rooster, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thanks, Dale! I am glad we had something for everyone! Cheers!

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Went to twisted rooster for the first time today. Mid-day, which I thought would be a great time to go when it's not as busy and I could get fast and easy service. The place wasn't busy and the staff seemed like I was interrupting their day somehow.
No matter what time of day, the staff should be on their game and welcoming to guests. Food was mediocre and somewhat bland...overall I walked out feeling fine but not feeling the compelling urge to come back. I don't like bashing places, but of places to become a regular, I wouldn't necessarily put Twisted Rooster at my top.

MeritageHospitality, General Manager at Twisted Rooster, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Grace,

I wanted to reach out to you regarding your recent post on Facebook detailing your experience at Twisted Rooster. My name is Jeff Satterla, and I am the General Manager of Twisted Rooster in Grand Rapids. First, thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. It is guests like you that afford us that opportunity to get better every day. Our goal is to serve Simply Impeccable Food & Drinks with Uncommon Hospitality. It is clear to me after reading your post, that your service missed that mark.

I would like the opportunity to speak with you in person. I would first like to apologize to you, and secondly I would like to invite you back in to Twisted Rooster. I know we can do a better job, and we owe you that. If you are interested in talking, please send me a number and time that is convenient to talk, and I will gladly give you a call.

Cheers!
Jeff Satterla
Grand Rapids General Manager

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Food was served cold.

Was sat in a bar atmosphere and was too loud to have a one on one conversation. We should have asked to be moved. I assumed because they were trying to give the waitstaff turns.

My husbands salad was served drowning in water. Ready made salads?!

I don't know whether I'd return... Maybe if I can get a hot burger outside!!!

1  Thank Dawn K
MeritageHospitality, General Manager at Twisted Rooster, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Thank you for the review, Dawn!

Reviewed 6 June 2014

8:30PM on a Thursday night @a 2-top near the bar. Had to shout to hear my companion, less than 3 feet away. I had the Asian salad. In a word, LAME. Way too much dressing, chicken was fresh from the cooler, grill marks were spray paints on. Definitely Gordon Food Service salad in a bag. My wife had the Buffalo burger and it was the best she's ever had, and she's had a lot of them...all over the country. Our service was prompt, but uninspired. I may/may not return, it will depend on the drive-thru line at Mr. Fables.

MeritageHospitality, General Manager at Twisted Rooster, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

I am reaching out to you regarding your recent review. My name is Jeff Satterla, and I am the General Manger of Twisted Rooster in Grand Rapids. I would first like to thank you for taking your time to review us. Fortunately, it is guests like you that afford us the opportunity to improve every day. Our goal is to serve Simply Impeccable Food & Drinks with Uncommon Hospitality. However, your review shows that we missed the mark.

I would like to speak with you in person to apologize to you and to invite you back in to Twisted Rooster because I know we can do a better job, and we owe you our best. If you are interested in talking with me, please give me a number and a time that is convenient for you to talk. I will gladly give you a call.

Cheers!