“Nice Hotel, Poor Internet Connection” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites East Lansing

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites East Lansing
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in East Lansing
Dallas, Texas
“Nice Hotel, Poor Internet Connection”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2013

Room was clean and service neat. I forgot my cell charger and frontdesk was very helpful.

My concerns are about poor Internet connection (very slow or completely unavailable) - most of the time even web pages would not load. I tried only wifi, did not have Ethernet cable with me.

Room Tip: Handicap room (no. 100) has no bath
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites East Lansing, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
Dear HasimirF,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a candid review. We appreciate your nice comment regarding cleanliness.

However, I would like to offer a sincere apology regarding the internet connection. We will address this. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Orlando A.
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
West Bloomfield, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2013

The front desk gave a key to my room out to a stranger without asking for ID. I went home for a couple hours, and they gave out my key to an employee where I work. No ID required at Holiday Inn. Being on the road months out of the year I have always had hotels check my ID if I had a key problem or lost my key. I advise anyone staying at this venue make sure you lock , bolt and take anything of personal nature or value with you

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites East Lansing, responded to this review, 22 February 2013
Dear Paul5151,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn Express around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations. Please accept our sincere apologies for any shortcomings you experienced from our staff. Your comments are being reviewed by the hotel's management and appropriate action will be taken. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and secure accommodations.

Lera P
Midland, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2013

We stayed in January, 2013 after making reservations online. We received a warm greeting upon check-in. The lobby was clean and the floors were being mopped as we walked in. While I had reserved a room with double beds, we were given a king room, which worked out fine. It was large and very clean. The heater worked well, which was needed after our snowy drive! We used the pool, which was clean as well, but very cold! Because of the temperature, we didn't stay in it very long. The wifi worked well, too. (My one complaint - the TV remote didn't seem to work, but we didn't watch much TV.) The next morning, we enjoyed the yummy cinnamon rolls and breakfast buffet, which was kept filled and hot. Check out was quick and simple.

This hotel was basic, with no fridge or microwave, but we didn't need them. It was very clean and quiet. I've stayed in this hotel before, and I would stay again when in the area. Clean, quiet, friendly... everything we ask for in a hotel. Thanks!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
MI
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2013

We had a standard king room. It was a decent size. The decorations were modern, seemed odd to have side-by-side mirrors on the wall. The channel guide said FSD was available, but when we turned it on, it was not FSD...so, we weren't able to watch the game.
The toilet was extremely short. It would have been perfect for a child learning to be potty-trained. The shower pressure was good, but the water was very hard.
We only had coffee and a cinnamon roll for breakfast, both were fine.
Check-in was easy though the girl at the desk didn't seem to enjoy being there.
We would return. The room was bigger and priced less than motels close by.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites East Lansing, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
Dear love_those_wings,

Thank you for sharing your honest feedback. Guest satisfaction is important to us and we try our hardest to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. We value your feedback as they enable us to further improve the quality and services we offer and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and providing us a candid feedback.

Joel B
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2012

Stopped here on my way home from Chicago for a night. While the hotel is close to shopping and restaurants (short drive, not a walk) it kind of has a isolated feel to it; not that that is a problem.

It would seem the property is fairly new, and as such clean and modern. Both the exterior of the property and lobby are clean and well kept. Check in was a breeze, and the room was typical newer Holiday Inn Express; roomy, modern and very functional. The only problem I experienced was a horribly soft and cushy mattress; I cannot understand how mattresses in hotels can become worn out in such a short period of time.

The location is close to the highway, and I imagine could be a little hard to find as there really isn't any signage off the main road, none that I saw at least.

Overall, a good choice in East Lansing, once you find the property!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank ToSquareBob1
Denver, Colorado, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

Stayed here for business. Hotel was clean and convenient. People nice but breakfast was a little bit lacking. I ended up swinging by Starbucks later that morning. Close to the highway but didn't notice road noise.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Naples, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2012

This is a nice little Holiday Inn Hotel for anyone traveling for business. I am a platinum club member and have stayed in quite a few IHC hotels and would say this was a nice one as far as friendly and helpful staff, cleanliness, and comfort. For a Holiday Inn, it was very nice. The only complaint would be it is a little difficult to find at night without a GPS, but once you see the layout in daylight, it isn't that hard. Rooms were very large - I was upgraded to a room with two rooms, one king sized bed and two queens, while traveling by myself. Hotel was modern and very clean. I did not eat breakfast there but I did note it was very full of folks eating and did not appear to have any complaints. It is also very convenient to MSU campus and to downtown Lansing and is just a few blocks from the highway ramp. There are several restaurants nearby with variety and a grocery store right behind it. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling for pleasure or business.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
University Quality Inn
University Quality Inn
#13 of 25 in Lansing
Fairfield Inn & Suites Lansing at Eastwood

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites East Lansing? Share your experiences!