“Family two-bedroom suite with three TVs”

TownePlace Suites East Lansing
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in East Lansing
Reviewed 19 July 2012

My daughter and I loved the two-bedroom suite. It had a kitchenette and dining area, plus enough TVs to suit a big family with diverse viewing interests. It was close to my sister and brother-in-law's in Okemos where we attended our family reunion. Beautiful green areas all around and nice for walking. Close to MSU where my brother-in-law works. Also near the not-to-be-missed MSU dairy store where Ice Cream 101 students get to make and sell their delicious creations.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor, recommended by my niece who chose the hotel for family visitors. The ba...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 7 May 2012

We enjoyed staying in a two-bedroom suite in this hotel when we visited East Lansing to attend our grandson's graduation from Michigan State University. Five of us stayed at the hotel for three nights. Suite was well furnished. Although the hotel was not on campus, it was only a short drive to all of the activities that we particpated in during graduation weekend. Continental breakfast was adequate. Hotel location was in a very quiet area a couple of blocks from the main street. Hotel was very clean. A good choice for our family.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Great long term suite type rooms with full kitchen. Minutes from U of M campus. Walking distance to a few restaurants/stores. Nice green spaces next to hotel, feels like your out in the woods. Only complaint is that the TV is small and ancient, worked fine though.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 25 March 2012

I definitely stayed at better hotels. What really blew my mind away was the 19 inch tube tv that was bolted on the metal tv stand swivel. Not that I watch a lot of tv, but just shows how outdated this place was. It felt like I was in a dorm room basically. My 3rd morning there, I went outside to have my smoke since this hotel is all nonsmoking (which is fine). Before I did, I started a fresh pot of coffee, TV was left on, iron was on, and all my belongings were out. I came back from my smoke and the cleaning lady was cleaning my room. I walked into the room, and she said she was sorry that she didn't know I was still on the property. OK, a fresh pot of coffee STILL brewing?? So I went into the restroom to finish getting ready for work, as I was straigtening my hair- she comes behind me and says I need to get the trash. I told her to wait, and she continues on to get the trash. It was an ok stay, but like I said I've stayed at way better hotels.

Reviewed 14 March 2012

My friend and I stayed at this hotel for one night when we attended a conference at MSU. The location was very convenient and the hotel was clean and looked very nice. I loved having third story windows that opened so we could get fresh air; the small living area was appreciated so we didn't have to sit on the beds, and the kitchen was a bonus. The drawbacks were the internet, both my friend and I had trouble keeping the connections; the pull out sofa's mattress had a bad stain on it and there was no mattress cover to go underneath the sheet; the only mirror was in the bathroom which made it very difficult for two people to get ready in the morning, and the train whistle that woke us both up right around midnight!

2  Thank Lynn T
Reviewed 7 March 2012

We stayed in a one room suite. The room was a well designed room, with space well used. Clean and efficient. Comfortable bed, linens okay. The location is very convenient to MSU. I enjoy the sound of trains, but you definitely hear some trains. Breakfast was just cereal, bananas , yogurt and juice, but it was free. Wifi kept slipping my only complaint.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 5 March 2012

There are a few names in the hotel business that you know you can count on and Marriott is certainly one of them. TownePlace Suites keeps the high standards of cleanliness, comfort and an affordable price of Marriott, and the staff are courteous, well groomed and professional. I really enjoy this hotel because it is located next to a mature pine bush lot that I like to walk in, and the area is quiet. The room has a kitchenette that is fully stocked and the beds are very comfortable. Someone was thinking clearly when they designed this hotel because it is one of a very few that allows you to open the windows and turn off the air conditioner. Well done!

4  Thank vonnie3314
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites East Lansing
Hyatt Place Lansing
Hyatt Place Lansing
#1 of 26 in Lansing

Been to TownePlace Suites East Lansing? Share your experiences!