Hampton Inn East Lansing
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
US$67
US$63
Residence Inn East Lansing(East Lansing)
US$174
Candlewood Suites East Lansing(East Lansing)(Great Value!)
US$96
Courtyard Lansing(Lansing)
US$149
US$139
Hotelpower.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsbreakfast staffthe breakfast areacomplimentary breakfastexcellent hotelroom was cleanhot tubconvenient locationthe hotel staffroom keynice stayparking lotmichigan state universityfresh fruiteasy accessgreat roomwould stay againmeijer
Reviewed 16 January 2013

I stayed at the hampton inn for two miserable weeks. The pillows are square rocks, the air conditioner/heater sounded like something was flapping in it all night so I had to turn it off. I woke up at 5:30 am to two workers at the hampton speaking super loud in the hallway and had to call the front desk who did nothing.
The refrigerator is large and the microwave is nice. The TVs are nice too. But if you can't sleep, you are not happy.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Angela M, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn East Lansing, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2013

First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I understand from your review that you had some inconveniences with the A/C unit in your room. I thank you for bringing this up to my attention and I can assure you that I have contacted our maintenance crew to look into this issue. In addition I truly apologize the you found our pillows to be uncomfortable. I can assure you that your feedback is incredibly important to us and we will take your comments into consideration to improve our hotel.

Again, I thank you very much for your review and hope you consider giving us a second chance if you return to the area.

Reviewed 12 January 2013

Stayed at this Hampton Inn for it's location near my sister's home. This hotel was a typical, very solid and reliable Hampton Inn with very clean rooms, friendly staff, bountiful breakfast, and reasonable price. There was an incredibly nice lady working in the breakfast area early in the mornings and she was just a pleasure to speak with. Hotel was very quiet and with MSU on vacation, probably not as many guests as normal.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 January 2013

First room had a maintenance problem, but was quickly moved to a different room without issues. Better breakfast attendant than at the Okemos Hampton Inn. I'm not really sure why this hotel is more expensive because there aren't any additional amenities, and its proximity to the rest of Lansing isn't any nearer. In addition, trying to leave the hotel parking lot around 5:00 PM can be a disaster due to the large number of corporate offices, stores and restaurants surrounding the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 December 2012

Hampton Inns are normally pretty reliable when it comes to hotel stays. Normally, they are pretty comfortable.This particular one was horrible and I was shocked and disappointed. It is overpriced for what you are getting. When we complained to the front desk, they did little other than say they'd check into the bed and heater -- which really didn't matter to us anymore since we were checking out. I don't recommend staying here if you are a light sleeper or have any back problems.

Let's start with the positives:
1. The staff was friendly.
2. The room was clean.
3. The location is convenient. It's right next to a Meijer if you happen to forget anything.

And the negatives:
1. The bed was extremely uncomfortable. We didn't sleep.
2. The pillows were uncomfortable. Again, we didn't sleep.
3. The heater/ac rattled and crackled all night long. I was ready to take a bat to it if I had one with me.

And the things that I can't fault them for, but made the visit worse:
1. Car alarms going off in the parking lot in the middle of the night.
2. People being generally loud on the premises throughout the night.

Friendly staff doesn't make up for uncomfortable beds and loudness. I was not impressed.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mojomuze
Angela M, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn East Lansing, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2013

First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I was glad to read from your review that found our staff to be friendly, our rooms to be clean and our location to be convenient. Our main priority is for all our guests to experience a welcoming and convenient stay. I do however apologize for the noise issue encountered during your stay. Your comfort and safety is my number one concern so I appreciate you bringing this to my attention. I have taken your comments into consideration to improve our on-property experience. In addition, I apologize if you found our beds to be uncomfortable and that the heater/ac was making noises. I can assure you that we are currently looking into these issues to correct them. Again, I apologize if you went through any inconveniences and hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our location again. Thank you.
Angela McComb, Sales Manager

Reviewed 20 November 2012

This is the second time I have stayed in this hotel and I was not disappointed. The room was extremely clean and well presented. The hotel is in a nice location near campus and was convenient when I was in town for a football game. The whirlpool bath and pool are really nice after a long flight. The complimentary breakfast had a nice selection of breakfast foods, though pre-made, they were hot, fresh and replenished quickly for hungry football fans. Skip the pre-made omelettes and go for the make your own waffles. The check out was easy and the greeting both at welcome and goodbye was cheerful and friendly. A good place to stay for a quick weekend. I will be back.

Room Tip: When booking your room, watch the prices closer to your trip. I booked at a higher price and when it went down, I saved almost $40. HIlton was happy to make the change for me.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends