“Horrible Experience”

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in East Lansing
Great Falls, United States
“Horrible Experience”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Stay away from this Hampton Inn. Not the Hampton Inn we are used to. Housekeeping is terrible. My beds were made by pulling over the duvet cover with sheets still the way it was. Breakfast quality/choice poorer that other Hampton Inn, although Breakfast attendant was active and helpful

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Ashley M, Manager at Hampton Inn East Lansing, responded to this review, 11 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. I truly apologize if this was the case and I can assure you that I will definitely keep your review in mind to improve our in-property experience. We appreciate your business and sincerely apologize that we did not provide you with the level of quality that you are accustomed to receive from us. We do everything we can to ensure our guests enjoy our hotel. With that said, I assure that your feedback is incredibly important to us and I will definitely take your comments into consideration.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Dorset, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Stayed overnight in a 2 room suite on our way back to Detroit. Excellent facitities and a comfortable bed as usual. There was a kitchen area with microwave and a refrigerator so you can eat in if you wish.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for thinking of us on your way through town. We are glad you enjoyed your stay here and were able to get a good night's rest. Please think of us again next time you're in East Lansing!
Grand Island, United States
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Most Hampton Inn's are good. They are clean, comfortable and the amenities are extensive. Things like electric plug location and choice of television channels are biggest area for improvement right now. I am currently staying at Fort Payne, AL, Hampton Inn and there are no plugs near the bed. Why have this nice computer support table if I cannot access electricity?

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I'm sorry you didn't have an exceptional stay last time you were here. The design team worked hard to ensure the electrical box cubes on the desk and nightstand would be an adequate amount of ports for all of your electronics. I apologize that this was not the case for you. I hope you give the brand another chance. I think you'll find that we have some really great hotels!
PA
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Stayed two nights in August while visiting Michigan State. The bedroom and bathroom were spotlessly clean and fresh. The linens were nice, the TV worked perfectly and had the one channel I really wanted, HGTV, and internet access was excellent. Breakfast was very good, lots of choices, and I liked that the coffee station was away from the main eating room; it made for a better flow of traffic. Employees were pleasant and helpful.

My only semi-negative comment is on the bed size; it was advertised as "queen" but it was smaller than the queen I have at home, or have slept in at other hotels. I didn't measure but the bed seemed to be a double rather than a queen. This probably won't be a deal-breaker for future stays but I'd appreciate a truthful description of all the amenities, because I paid for a queen, not a double.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Ashley M, Manager at Hampton Inn East Lansing, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm glad the cleanliness of the rooms, breakfast, and employees were all up to your standards. I'm sorry the beds weren't quite what you expected, but I assure you they are queens. However, we also have plenty of rooms with king size beds too. Please think of us again while in the area. We'd love to see you back!
Chicago, United States
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Clean, friendly staff. Close to Meijers and college is only a few miles away. Free breakfast and indoor pool. We left an item in the room and the hotel shipped it to us at no charge. Would recommend it if you are a Hilton Honors member

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Melinda-

Thank you for the recommendation! We strive to make our guests' stay as hassle free as possible. I'm glad we were able to ship out your item, and hope we did so in a timely manner. We hope to see you back again for an MSU game this fall!

GO GREEN
Milwaukee, WI
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Just checked in and I am appalled at the condition of our room. The air conditioning vent is filthy and the air smells awful. There is mold on the bathroom floor and the air vent in the bathroom is filthy. The bathroom door doesn't close...the bottom scrapes against the floor and gets stuck. The furniture is very worn and there is peeling paint in several places. I can hardly believe I am in the same place as all the positive reviews. There has to be a better place to stay in East Lansing.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank caseys
Angela M, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn East Lansing, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
We truly appreciate your candid feedback from your most recent stay at our hotel. I can assure you that your comments have been reviewed by senior management. We are always looking for ways to improve our property and comments like yours help us identify areas that need improvements. We do apologize for falling short of your expectations during your stay and assure your concerns will be addressed. I do hope that you would reconsider staying with us in the future if your travels do bring you back to our area.

Angela
Reviewed 31 August 2013

It may be lame but sometimes I'll spend a little more on a hotel that has a hot tub as this was advertised. I find the hot tub permanently closed so I now feel that I overspent a good $50 or so. Would not come back.

• Stayed August 2013
I apologize that you feel you overspent $50 on your stay here. Unfortunately, the management company has decided to close our hot tubs company wide. We are diligent on tracking down websites that still have one listed in our amenities. I'm so sorry we missed one! We have a lot of other great things to offer though, and would love it if you gave us another chance. You should see our large whirlpool suites!
Also consider these accommodations in or near East Lansing
#4 of 9 in East Lansing
University Quality Inn
University Quality Inn
#14 of 25 in Lansing

Been to Hampton Inn East Lansing? Share your experiences!