“Great service!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hampton Inn East Lansing
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in East Lansing
“Great service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

Kim, who worked the front desk Saturday afternoon/evening (till 11), was delightful, personable and helpful. The Sunday morning desk person (sorry I didn't get his name), actually spoke to each customer in the dining area inquiring about their stay and breakfast. I have never seen that before at any Hampton Inn I've stay at and was very impressed by his customer service!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Ashley M, Manager at Hampton Inn East Lansing, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay here! I'm also glad your interactions with Kim and Sam were pleasant and you were able to see what great assets they are to our hotel. Please come visit us again. We'd be happy to have you anytime!

Ashley

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

We were unlucky enough to be part of the big Michigan power outage over Christmas this year...almost a week without power over the holidays....with birthdays, holidays, parties and house guests planned for my house. Recognizing that my house was getting unbearably cold quickly, I hurried to book a two room suite early on, and felt so lucky to have acted quickly enough as it became solidly booked. I had thought that I was booking a two room suite through the hotel, but actually booked through a pop up, and in this process, my two room suite for four adults, got changed to a one room with a sofa bed right next to the bed. For a variety of reasons, this was not going to work for us at all. Although I was not my best self, the hotel staff worked with me to rectify the situation, at a time when customers were clamoring, the phones were ringing, the hotel was filling with people and pets. I will always the thankful to this staff for making the best of a stressful time for everyone and helping to develop comraderie amongst guests, and taking care of my concerns so that I did not feel I was out of luck because I had booked through some off-beat pop up. I ended up rebooking for three more days through the hotel. We had a wonderful Christmas. many thanks.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Ashley M, Manager at Hampton Inn East Lansing, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Dear rosellamichigan,

I am sorry you had to go through the difficult situation with us during the storm. As you know, it was a very hectic time with computer, cable, and phone outages. However, I'm glad we were able to accommodate you and your family for the additional time that was needed. I hope you enjoyed your Christmas and come back and see us under happier circumstances!

Thank you!
-Ashley
Brewster, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

My husband and I stay at this Hampton Inn when we visit our family in Lansing, and have always found the accommodations comfortable and the staff helpful. A power outage of eight days meant our daughter, son in law, two grandchildren and the family dog joined us at the hotel, where we celebrated one of our more unusual Christmases! The complimentary breakfast, the pool and the overall comfort and cleanliness of our surroundings made what could have been a difficult situation downright pleasant! Thank you, Hampton Inn!

Dear Marycscott,

Although you were here under not-so-great circumstances, I'm glad you enjoyed your unusual Christmas nonetheless. I'm pleased to hear you choose us year after year for your holiday travel destination. We appreciate your business! Thank you.

Spartanburg SC, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

The attendant at this hotel is so kind and generous, it is wonderful to have someone so pleasant first thing in the morning! Very convenient location between East Lansing, north Lansing area and De Witt. It takes just minutes to get to anywhere in town, and there is a Meijer, Bank of America and Applebees within walking distance. Walmart and Sam's Club is 1-2 blocks away. Everything else is within 5-10 minutes in any direction.

Dear Matthew James S,

I'm so glad our breakfast attendant was able to brighten your morning! It's nice to know you found our location to be very convenient. Please think of us again next time you're in town. Hopefully you can come back here when it's not so chilly!

Vienna, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

We were in town for Christmas and checked in (2 rooms) when the power went out for most of the city. The staff was awesome considering the situation, especially Dawn and Renee. Everyone was willing to do what they could even though the Inn was at full capacity and
wi-fi/TV was intermittent. We were able to celebrate Christmas in the boardroom and brought in our tree and presents. Thanks for making a horrible situation tolerable, would recommend for anyone traveling to the area.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MichiganJ
Ashley M, Manager at Hampton Inn East Lansing, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write nice words about our not-so-nice experience here in East Lansing. I'm glad we were able to accommodate you and get you out of the cold like so many other families in the area. It was definitely a stressful time, but I hope our hard work made Christmas a little more enjoyable. We hope to see you again on better terms!
East Lansing, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013

Friendly staff and typical clean, comfortable Hampton Inn rooms. Located next to a Meijer and an Applebee's. Spacious breakfast area. Easy parking in front or back. My room did not have refrigerator/microwave, so when Applebee's gave me lukewarm french onion soup for takeout I could not reheat it in my room. The lukewarm soup is mainly Applebee's fault, though.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Ashley M, Manager at Hampton Inn East Lansing, responded to this review, 27 December 2013
Dear Kathryn H.,

Thank you for your review. I do apologize for not having a fridge and microwave available in your room; however, we do have a microwave in our breakfast area, and also a fridge we would've been happy to put your food in. Other than that, I am glad you were satisfied with your stay here. I hope you were here under better circumstances than lack of power due to the ice storm. Thank you for your understanding during that time as well. Come back and see us anytime!

Madison, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013 via mobile

This was a nice hotel. No more, no less. Just nice. It was an old hotel with some updates to make it look fresh. The staff was polite. We did love the 24 hour coffee/hot tea availabe in the lobby! The room had a king size bed with four small, flat pillows that my husband and I found lacking. I personally booked with Expedia and saved way more than trying to book through the hotel itself (which I still find odd). Nonetheless, it was close to food, movies, and shopping. The morning breakfast was great as well. I would go back if it were a cheaper nightly rate.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Ashley M, Manager at Hampton Inn East Lansing, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Dear "BenjiTriptaker",

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I'm glad you found our staff to be polite. I hope next time we can better suit your room needs, though. I hope you come back and try us again. There are a few online options that you can take advantage of to get a better deal on the room rate. Hilton has an Advance Purchase option you could try or even AAA and AARP members get special rates.

I hope you give us another try. See you soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near East Lansing
#3 of 9 in East Lansing
Courtyard Lansing
Courtyard Lansing
#8 of 25 in Lansing

Been to Hampton Inn East Lansing? Share your experiences!