“Excellent Value”

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in East Lansing
Cadillac, United States
“Excellent Value”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Excellent Hampton Inn with great location. Sells out early so book it early. Location near a mall, and the Spartan Hall of Fame Café has excellent food and Drinks. Right off expressway. Near Lansing and East Lansing. Breakfast was wonderful.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Ashley M, Manager at Hampton Inn East Lansing, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Dear James S.,
It's great to hear you found our hotel location to be convenient and enjoyed our nearby attractions. Thank you for writing a review and letting everyone know what an excellent value we offer. Thank you!

-Ashley

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 27 February 2014

A bit dated and shabby, but clean. Location is within minutes to both downtown Lansing and MSU campus in E. Lansing. Very friendly staff! Mattress was pretty old and not very supportive. Very loud at night with college students and children.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Ashley M, Manager at Hampton Inn East Lansing, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear Alison C.,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. We appreciate you choosing us when you're in town on business. I'm glad you found our accommodations clean and convenient, but I do apologize for the old mattresses. We are aware of the issue and are working on replacing them. Thank you for visiting!

Pleasant Lake, United States
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We have visited this hotel several times for a weekend away. Typically it is clean and comfortable and close to shopping, restaurants, movies and the college. They need to focus a bit more on entry and elevator cleaning, but the rooms are clean and comfortable, the pool is nice and there is a fitness room that is adequate. It was a little noisier this time than usual, but we attributed it to more kids and a loose lighting fixture in the ceiling that rattled when the upstairs neighbors bounced across the floor.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Kathy B.,
I'm happy to hear you found our rooms to be clean and comfortable. I apologize for the lobby not being up to your standards. It is a bit difficult to keep up with the amount of guests we have checking in and out daily. Thank you for choosing us for your weekend getaways!

Michigan
Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

If you're a Hampton Inn fan, and I am, this property is very consistent with others. Clean safe comfortable, just a few miles north of MSU and across the street from an Applebee's and Meijers. A nice upscale outdoor mall is just across the highway (127) with good shops and restaurants. The hotel was quiet and the pool and exercise rooms were nice. AAA rate was approx $134 midweek for king bed with sofa. If you want full service the Kellogg Center and Marriott are nearby....but Hampton Inn was a better value.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank PatienceWonderful
Ashley M, Manager at Hampton Inn East Lansing, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Dear "PatienceWonderful",

We appreciate you taking the time to write such a kind review of our facility. It's great to know you found our hotel consistent with the Hampton brand. It's definitely something we work for every day. I'm also glad you were able to get out and see what East Lansing/Lansing has to offer in regard to shopping. Eastwood Towne Center truly is a great place! Thank you for staying with us! We appreciate your patronage!

Saint Ignace, Michigan
Reviewed 16 February 2014

The staff at this hotel was very friendly, the hotel was clean and comfortable. They were very quick to assist us in anything we needed (Directions places, etc) We were there to visit family in the hospital so the extra assistance and welcome was greatly appreciated. The bedding at Hampton is always comfortable, clean and crisp!!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Ashley M, Manager at Hampton Inn East Lansing, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Dear dhorn1402,

Thank you for taking the time to travel all the way from St. Ignace! I wish your visit was due to happier circumstances, but I'm glad you enjoyed our accommodations nonetheless. Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn East Lansing. We'd be happy to have you anytime you're in town!

Reviewed 13 February 2014

Kim, who worked the front desk Saturday afternoon/evening (till 11), was delightful, personable and helpful. The Sunday morning desk person (sorry I didn't get his name), actually spoke to each customer in the dining area inquiring about their stay and breakfast. I have never seen that before at any Hampton Inn I've stay at and was very impressed by his customer service!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay here! I'm also glad your interactions with Kim and Sam were pleasant and you were able to see what great assets they are to our hotel. Please come visit us again. We'd be happy to have you anytime!

michigan
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We were unlucky enough to be part of the big Michigan power outage over Christmas this year...almost a week without power over the holidays....with birthdays, holidays, parties and house guests planned for my house. Recognizing that my house was getting unbearably cold quickly, I hurried to book a two room suite early on, and felt so lucky to have acted quickly enough as it became solidly booked. I had thought that I was booking a two room suite through the hotel, but actually booked through a pop up, and in this process, my two room suite for four adults, got changed to a one room with a sofa bed right next to the bed. For a variety of reasons, this was not going to work for us at all. Although I was not my best self, the hotel staff worked with me to rectify the situation, at a time when customers were clamoring, the phones were ringing, the hotel was filling with people and pets. I will always the thankful to this staff for making the best of a stressful time for everyone and helping to develop comraderie amongst guests, and taking care of my concerns so that I did not feel I was out of luck because I had booked through some off-beat pop up. I ended up rebooking for three more days through the hotel. We had a wonderful Christmas. many thanks.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Ashley M, Manager at Hampton Inn East Lansing, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Dear rosellamichigan,

I am sorry you had to go through the difficult situation with us during the storm. As you know, it was a very hectic time with computer, cable, and phone outages. However, I'm glad we were able to accommodate you and your family for the additional time that was needed. I hope you enjoyed your Christmas and come back and see us under happier circumstances!

Thank you!
#3 of 9 in East Lansing
University Quality Inn
University Quality Inn
#13 of 25 in Lansing

Been to Hampton Inn East Lansing? Share your experiences!