“Great location, great staff”

Hampton Inn East Lansing
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in East Lansing
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Jonathan made this a perfect stay. Super friendly, awesome recommendations. The staff was all super friendly in general. The location was perfect, right off a major highway, lots of good local restaurants near by. My one complaint might be that most of the hamptons have some kind of snack shop to get a soda or snack at night, they didn't. But that's truly minor for me.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Ashley M, Manager at Hampton Inn East Lansing, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Dear Joseph R.,

I'm glad Jonathon was able to take care of you while you stayed with us. I apologize for our lack of a snack shop. Unfortunately, we only have vending machines located on each floor. But if that doesn't meet your needs we are conveniently located next to Meijer, a large super-store.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We really appreciate your feedback!

Reviewed 21 August 2014

My visit at the Hampton was very comfortable. The room was clean and the furnishings within it were very comfortable. The staff was very courteous and very helpful in answering any questions. I enjoyed running on the treadmill in the fitness room. The pool looked very inviting, but I did not have time to enjoy it as I had a busy schedule during my stay. I also enjoyed eating the complimentary breakfast. There was a variety of food to choose from with many healthy options.

Dear Jane C.,

Thank you for visiting the Hampton Inn of East Lansing. I'm thrilled to hear you were comfortable during your time with us. I hope next time you're able to relax a little longer though. Thank you for writing a review of our property. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 16 August 2014

The hotel staff was very friendly and accomodating. The breakfast was great and the atmosphere very relaxing. We were attending a wedding and had a large contingent there and they were more than accomodating of the large group. A very nice, relaxing experience.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Ashley M, Manager at Hampton Inn East Lansing, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Mike M.,

Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn East Lansing! We are so glad to have you and all of your other wedding guests. We are happy to hear you were able to relax while in town and hope you can make it back to the area sometime again.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Cleanest hotel I have ever seen. Traveled with my Great Dane and the staff was super welcoming. Free breakfast was great. All staff members went out of their way to be pleasant, efficient and helpful. Close to downtown Lansing an a lot of shops/restaurants.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Ashley M, Manager at Hampton Inn East Lansing, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Lindsey V.,

I am so glad you were able to visit with Peyton, your gorgeous Great Dane. It was so wonderful getting to know the both of you. Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. We surely appreciate it! Come back and visit us anytime!

Reviewed 9 August 2014

I traveled with my family to E. Lansing, Michigan last weekend for a wedding. We stayed 2 nights at the Hampton Inn, E. Lansing. We booked a double queen suite with refrigerator & microwave. The room was clean and well-appointed. There was free wireless internet--which we consider a must when we travel. It worked well (unsecured). I did like that there were numerous outlets throughout. The air conditioner was quite noisy. One weird feature is that one of the door card keys must be put in a slot next to the bathroom for the lights to work properly. This was very annoying--especially when someone was out with the second room key. Breakfasts were good with both hot & cold food and ample seating. Service was very good, although we couldn't find a cart at checkout, so that became a chore--but I blame that more on rude guests keeping the cart in their room until they get around to using it. Overall rating: fair to good. Value was reasonable. Nonetheless, the hotel has nothing to distinguish it from dozens of others in the same class.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a room with a microwave & refrigerator for just a few dollars more.
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Very pleased with price and quality of accommodations. We stayed one night and the room was quiet and clean and comfortable. There were many choices with the breakfast (including bacon!). Hampton lived up to it's good reputation.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Ashley M, Manager at Hampton Inn East Lansing, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear Michael K.,

I hope you continue to hear good things about our Hampton. I'm glad you're spreading the positivity. Thank you!

Reviewed 24 July 2014

This is a great place to stay. The rooms are comfortable and the staff is awesome. The complimentary breakfast is far beyond just sweet rolls and stale bagels! Jonathan, at the front desk, will solve any issues that develop.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear "308jimmys",

I'm thrilled to learn you enjoyed our breakfast items and our Front Desk Associate, Jonathon. Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn of East Lansing and spreading the word that we are a great place to stay. We really appreciate it!

Also consider these accommodations in or near East Lansing
Courtyard Lansing
Courtyard Lansing
#9 of 26 in Lansing
Fairfield Inn & Suites Lansing at Eastwood

Been to Hampton Inn East Lansing? Share your experiences!