“Life As A Zebra Event”

Kellogg Hotel And Conference Center
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in East Lansing
Reviewed 27 April 2013

The Kellogg Hotel and Conference Center was an outstanding place to hold a fundraising benefit and concert. The staff was nothing but helpful and worked tirelessly to accommodate not only the guests of the hotel, but all the guests of the fundraiser. The service provided by the hotel and restaurant staff was phenomenal. The facilities were very accommodating and easy to access. The Kellogg Hotel and Conference Center is a great place to stay, hold a conference, run a benefit, or just to stay and have a weekend getaway. I definitely recommend a stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Rebecca S, Manager at Kellogg Hotel And Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2013

Thank you for your flattering recommendation of the Kellogg Hotel & Conference Center. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed 26 April 2013

I stayed at the Kellogg "by accident." It was a lucky accident. I paid the standard room rate, but for some reason unknown to me, got upgraded to a really nice room that had a wet bar and a jacuzzi tub. Granted, black ants were seen in the bathroom, but this is probably not uncommon in Lansing at this time of year. The room was clean, comfortable, quiet, and the temperature was perfect.

If you have a chance to have breakfast in the State Room, don't miss it! The menu is most interesting, and the interesting items even include some things that are healthy. The hotel is on the campus of MSU, so quite convenient if your trip involves visiting the university.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Rebecca S, General Manager at Kellogg Hotel And Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2013

We're happy you stayed with us even if the stay was unplanned. I am sorry to hear about the finding of black ants in your room and have contacted our housekeeping manager to address the issue. Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 25 April 2013

My single king bed room was overlooking the back. The view out the window wasnt very good, but i wasnt there for the view! The room was clean and a/c worked great! Shower head a little leaky, hair dryer broken...when i told the front desk, the staff was super nice and the problems were fixed immediately, awesome response time.

We used the theatre and lincoln room for an event, business but also among firnds and family. The staff that was assigned to help us, were just insanely awesome. Anything we needed, they got/did. Extra table for here, got it...can we display this item on the wall, got it...i cant say enough good things about the staff and how hard they worked! Worthy of mentioning, they had a wedding going on at same time, AND the staff had to beak both our events to prepare for the next morning's event. Crazy turnaround!

Food in resto was good. I had caesar salad, it was awesome! Friends had nice greasy comfort food, didnt hear them complain any, so i assume they were good too!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

You're so welcome! We're so glad everything went well with your event and that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.

Reviewed 25 April 2013

I stayed at the Kellogg Hotel and Conference Center for the Life as a Zebra Foundation benefit silent auction and concert on April 13, 2013.

For the actual benefit we used two rooms: a banquet room and the theater. Both were great. I especially loved the theater for the concert. Enough seating for a lot of people, yet small enough to still feel intimate. We were also able to bring our drinks in from the banquet hall to the theater. If you knew my family, you'd understand that this was a big plus for all of us.

Afterwards we went to the bar/restaurant in the hotel. The restaurant served food until midnight (another big plus for my family). The bartender was accommodating to the crazy influx of people who came in after the concert was over. I ordered a Bloody Mary. The bartender warned me that the mix was different (they use McClure's, which I now know is based on pickle brine). I tried it and he was right. I just didn't like it (no fault of his). He was cool about it, took it back and made me another drink that was more to my taste.

The room we stayed in was on the small side, but in a cozy way - not uncomfortable. I ended up sleeping in the same bed as my little cousin. We are both tossers and turners, but the bed was comfortable and big enough to where we both slept through the night and had enough room to do karate in our dreams. The shower in our room didn't have a tub, but the water flowed into a drain in the floor (...or so I assume. I didn't shower; don't judge me). I've never seen that in a hotel room before, but it seemed to work with the layout. I read in another review that the hotel was converted from a dorm which 1)is pretty cool for a university hotel and 2)explains the layout. It didn't feel like a dorm, though. The bathroom reminded me more of a small spa bathroom. It had some nice natural wood accents.

The staff was great. I know there were other events happening at the hotel that night (weddings, people going to a Carrie Underwood concert, etc.), but the staff made us feel like we were the only ones at the hotel.

This is a wonderful place to hold an event and stay the night.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for posting your comments regarding your experiences at our hotel while here for the Life as a Zebra Foundation benefit. We feel privileged to support such worthy causes and to have the opportunity to serve individuals such as yourself who do the same. I will be sure to share your wonderful comments about our hotel and restaurant with our staff.

Reviewed 25 April 2013

The Hotel and Conference was an excellent location for the event I attended. I was pleased with the service and personal response I received when I had to unexpectedly cancel one of my two rooms at the last minute, with out penalty. The room I stayed in was small, but sufficient for the one night stay. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom was clean, but the tiled-box shower/tub was unusual, but functional for a shower. I did not think it would make for a pleasant bath, however! The Lincoln room reception was well staffed and appetizers were kept stocked, refreshed often, and plates/glasses cleared away efficiently, with out ever disrupting the event. When our event moved to the auditorium, we found comfortable seating and great accoustics. It was great to have cold water provided in the theater lobby, by the way! We continued and closed our event in the restaurant and found great food and service there as well. I hope to have a reason to return again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Helen R

We're glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and found the banquet services for your event satisfactory. We hope you have a reason to return as well, and look forward to the opportunity to serve you again!

Reviewed 24 April 2013

The staff at the Kellogg Center are very friendly, helpful, and courteous. Check-in was easy and fast. My double room was VERY clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. The bathroom shower was large and clean.

The State Room bar tenders mixed a fine Tanqueray and tonic. The food was delicious, served quickly, and the portions were just right.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Kellogg Center and will definitely return the next time I need accommodations in East Lansing.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank LaurieD734

Thank you so much for your glowing review! We appreciate your positive comments regarding your dining experience and will be sure to share them with the State Room staff.

Reviewed 20 April 2013

They pride themselves on effeciency and recyclying. However, the lightswitch in the bath room was difficult to operate. It is nice that it shuts off automatically after a while. I don't know how long that "while" is because it stayed on for the whole time I needed it (motion sensor somehow?). I definitely let it on because I couln't quite figure out how to turn it off. Later, I returned to my room and the light was off. Didn't like the light switch on the headboard. They were hidden behind pillows. A colleague across the hall couldn't figure out how to turn on the bed lights, neither could I. (This is after struggling with light in bathroom) Finally she went to the front desk to ask how to turn on the lights. While waiting for her to return I bounced something on the bed, the pillow moved and I saw the switch. Stupid place, could have saved a lot of swearing...Very clean. I like everything once I got used to it. The staff at the front desk were all great, very friendly and extremely helpful.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your stay at our hotel and for recognizing our efforts towards sustainability. I apologize for the trouble you had locating the light switches and have forwarded your concerns to our rooms division manager. We value all our guest comments and use them as a tool to improve on our current operations.

Also consider these accommodations in or near East Lansing
Hampton Inn East Lansing
Hampton Inn East Lansing
#1 of 9 in East Lansing
Radisson Hotel Lansing at the Capitol

Been to Kellogg Hotel And Conference Center? Share your experiences!