and 1 more site!
Kellogg Hotel And Conference Center
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in East Lansing
Reviewed 27 May 2013

I stayed here for an event that was held on the MSU campus. While the people at the hotel were lovely, the rooms are VERY SMALL. As noted in other posts, the bathrooms are extremely tiny and since there is no tub, or enclosure that keeps water from the shower "corralled" the floor of the bathroom gets wet almost in its entirety when showering. Just be prepared that you will be in tight quarters.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Rebecca S, Manager at Kellogg Hotel And Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2013

Thank you for your kind remarks about our hotel staff. In regard to our bathroom design, we have tried to utilize a very small area in the most efficient way possible. We offer several rooms with tubs that can be requested when making a reservation or at check-in.

There are newer reviews for Kellogg Hotel And Conference Center

Reviewed 9 May 2013

As stated in many of these reviews, the room is very small. It was fine since I was traveling alone, but I wouldn't share with anyone unless I really liked them!

The room was also not so clean - very, very dusty. I had to dust with a wet towel. The dust level inside the grates near the floor was literally several inches thick.

The saving grace of the hotel is most definitely the staff. They are all very, very friendly. I ordered room service and it was very quick and friendly.

I would stay again if I had to for a conference, but probably wouldn't seek it out for a pleasure stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Rebecca S, Manager at Kellogg Hotel And Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2013

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and have spoken with our housekeeping staff regarding your concerns about excessive dust in the rooms. Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about our facility and for your kind remarks about our hotel staff and room service.

Reviewed 5 May 2013

Overall an OK hotel with a great staff but the rooms have the worst bathroom setup since I have been in Europe. In fact European bathrooms beat theirs. The bathroom is barely larger than a closet which of course means no bath tub. The shower head comes straight out of the ceiling and sprays right onto the floor with only a drain. No ledge or anything, the bathroom is the shower so the floor gets wet immediately. Of course if you like a shower while sitting on the toilet you could do that. They do offer a wooden plank to place on the floor, I guess to traverse on after the shower so that you don't have to step in the water. The sink is very strange as well, it is a large square bowl, almost flat, the shaving cream and toothpaste spit just sat there with no gravity to take it to the drain and there is very little space to put your shaving gear near the sink. I did ask staff about whose idea the bathroom set up was and I was told that "most people only take showers at hotels" which I would have to agree with but at least most hotels provide an enclosed shower space. Very strange and I am sure very awkward especially for older clientele. We were laughing at one gentleman we had discussed the shower with who was a bit tall and did not realize that the shower head could be moved around by bending the shaft and he was stooping under it until he figured it out.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Rebecca S, Manager at Kellogg Hotel And Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2013

I am sorry that you found our bathroom design unsatisfactory. When renovating, we made every effort to utilize the space in the most efficient way possible. We do have rooms with more traditional bathrooms as well as bathtubs which can be requested when making your reservation, or at the time of check-in, if available.

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us.

Reviewed 27 April 2013

I worked with Kellogg for months planning the Life as a Zebra Foundation benefit. The staff at Kellogg were incredible. Everyone I worked with was so kind, professional, and went above and beyond time and time again to make sure everything was perfect for our event and our guests. I cannot say enough about how wonderful my experience with Kellogg was. As for our room, it was clean, modern, and comfortable. I would stay at Kellogg again in a heartbeat, and have since recommended it to anyone who will listen. Also, I look forward to planning our next benefit there. The staff, facilities, and resources available are simply the BEST! Thank you Kellogg for everything!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Rebecca S, Manager at Kellogg Hotel And Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback about your experiences here at the Kellogg Center. We're so glad everything went well with your event and appreciate the glowing recommendation. We look forward to working with you on your next event.

Reviewed 27 April 2013

The Kellogg Hotel and Conference Center was an outstanding place to hold a fundraising benefit and concert. The staff was nothing but helpful and worked tirelessly to accommodate not only the guests of the hotel, but all the guests of the fundraiser. The service provided by the hotel and restaurant staff was phenomenal. The facilities were very accommodating and easy to access. The Kellogg Hotel and Conference Center is a great place to stay, hold a conference, run a benefit, or just to stay and have a weekend getaway. I definitely recommend a stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your flattering recommendation of the Kellogg Hotel & Conference Center. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed 26 April 2013

I stayed at the Kellogg "by accident." It was a lucky accident. I paid the standard room rate, but for some reason unknown to me, got upgraded to a really nice room that had a wet bar and a jacuzzi tub. Granted, black ants were seen in the bathroom, but this is probably not uncommon in Lansing at this time of year. The room was clean, comfortable, quiet, and the temperature was perfect.

If you have a chance to have breakfast in the State Room, don't miss it! The menu is most interesting, and the interesting items even include some things that are healthy. The hotel is on the campus of MSU, so quite convenient if your trip involves visiting the university.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Rebecca S, General Manager at Kellogg Hotel And Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2013

We're happy you stayed with us even if the stay was unplanned. I am sorry to hear about the finding of black ants in your room and have contacted our housekeeping manager to address the issue. Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 25 April 2013

My single king bed room was overlooking the back. The view out the window wasnt very good, but i wasnt there for the view! The room was clean and a/c worked great! Shower head a little leaky, hair dryer broken...when i told the front desk, the staff was super nice and the problems were fixed immediately, awesome response time.

We used the theatre and lincoln room for an event, business but also among firnds and family. The staff that was assigned to help us, were just insanely awesome. Anything we needed, they got/did. Extra table for here, got it...can we display this item on the wall, got it...i cant say enough good things about the staff and how hard they worked! Worthy of mentioning, they had a wedding going on at same time, AND the staff had to beak both our events to prepare for the next morning's event. Crazy turnaround!

Food in resto was good. I had caesar salad, it was awesome! Friends had nice greasy comfort food, didnt hear them complain any, so i assume they were good too!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

You're so welcome! We're so glad everything went well with your event and that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.

Also consider these accommodations in or near East Lansing
Hyatt Place Lansing
Hyatt Place Lansing
#1 of 26 in Lansing
Radisson Hotel Lansing at the Capitol

Been to Kellogg Hotel And Conference Center? Share your experiences!