Kellogg Hotel And Conference Center
US$271
US$254
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Residence Inn East Lansing(East Lansing)
US$247
US$79
US$74
Candlewood Suites East Lansing(East Lansing)(Great Value!)
US$96
US$157
US$147
US$146
US$137
All reviewsrooms are smalleuropean styleroom restaurantentire floorshower stallrooms are finewet bathroom floorrestaurant managementparking garagestandard roomstayed here for a weekmichigan statebeautiful campusbed was comfortablesitting areadesk stafflansing area
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We love staying at the Kellogg Center when we visit MSU. It's the next best thing to staying in a dorm. The rooms are exceptional, modern and comfortable. The bathrooms are unique and beautiful with the best lighting I have ever seen in a bath. The hotel restaurant has great food to get you going in the morning. Parking is convenient and you can walk places on campus from there since the hotel is on campus. A bit pricy, especially after they add all the local taxes, fees and charges. But you can walk across the street and have dinner at Brody or walk to a game.

Room Tip: You can get a room facing Brody or on the other side overlooking mostly trees and landscaping.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Rebecca S, Manager at Kellogg Hotel And Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

Thank you for your feedback about your experience while staying at the Kellogg Center. We're so happy you enjoyed your visit and found our facility both comfortable and convenient. We look forward to serving you again in the future!

Reviewed 23 August 2013

I stayed here for two days for a conference. The rooms were small, but quite comfortable and perfectly fine for what I needed. The bathroom is Asian-inspired in that the shower is not self-contained. I can see how people not used to this type of bathroom would find it strange, but it was fine for me. The hotel shuttle bus driver was very friendly and gave me a historical tour of Lansing on the ride from the airport to the hotel. Hotel staff were also friendly and helpful. Conference facilities were fine, and food was fairly good. I did not see my room rate, so cannot comment on value, and as I was there for a conference on premises the location was perfect, but not sure how it is relative to other sites so withheld rating on location as well.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Rebecca S, Manager at Kellogg Hotel And Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Thank you for giving us feedback regarding your recent stay at the Kellogg Center. I am happy to hear that your experience was a positive one and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 15 August 2013

Wow, after a wonderful week at the Dwarf World Games, well organised in a wonderful environment (MSU) the closing banquet was at the Kellogg centre. This really didn't deliver what was expected. The food was beyond awful, and the service was seriously dreadful. Servers had to be summoned as they stood around not knowing what to do. Te salad and cheese starter was on the table when we arrived along with the sweet - very weird. The servers came to take away our limp lettuce and melted cheese before we'd even attempted to eat and the butter melted away before the bread was brought. The bread was only brought to the table because so many people asked for it - odd. The main course was a lump of overlooked beef with a piece of salmon and roasted potatoes and meat juices - very weird...

Music was ver loud which tended to take ones mind off the dreadful food and awful service.

Such a shame to end a wonderful week in such an abysmal way.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank WorldRenounTraveller
Rebecca S, Manager at Kellogg Hotel And Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2013

I apologize for the problems you experienced with our banquet services. Each and every one of our guests’ experiences is of the utmost importance to us and I appreciate you taking the time to provide specific feedback. Your comments were shared with our banquet and kitchen managers and will be used as we continue to train our staff and fine-tune our services.

Reviewed 10 August 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a night after an event at the conference center. This has not been our first time here; each and every time was a very good stay.

As other reviewers had mentioned, the standard rooms are small, and the bathrooms/showers pretty tight. This is certainly not a "home away from home". But, if you're looking for a very comfortable room and night's stay, and maybe even a business stay, this is a great place. As others had mentioned as well, even though the rooms are small, they (and the bathroom) are laid out very efficiently, and all of the acccommdotaions/furniture/amenities wihtin the room are good quality and top-notch. (As a note, on one previous stay, we were upgraded to a suite; this was a great experience, and the suite room is very large, roomy, and even more comfortable).

For me, the hotel is all about the bed; heck, that's what we most people use hotels for, someplace to sleep!! The bed here was outstanding. We had a king bed, and had 6 pillows of varying firmness. The bed was comfortably firm, and we had a fantastic night sleep.

Also as expected, the personnel, from the front desk to staff in the hallways, are extremely nice and helpful.

My only reason not giving a full five stars is really nitpicky....the ceiling tiles in our bathroom were falling from the ceiling rails. Also, although we have experienced the small showers, it is a little "tight" for me, so that keeps it from being a five-star experienced. There also were no "min-fridges" (although I would imagine it's a space consideration) for food leftovers. The price also seemed a little steep for the small accomodations, but the quality of the rooms and service certainly were well, well above most chain hotels.

(Note: Several years ago when we stayed in the suite, before my "Trip Advisor" time, I would probably say that stay was five-star).

We'll definitely be back.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Rebecca S, Manager at Kellogg Hotel And Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your stay with us. Our standard guest rooms are on the small size due to the fact that we had very limited space with which to work when doing renovations. We tried to use the available space in the most efficient way possible and as you mentioned, made every effort to outfit the room and bathrooms with high quality materials/amenities.

I have communicated your concern about the bathroom ceiling tiles to our engineering department and will have them correct the issue. We continue to strive to improve on our services and feedback such as this helps us towards our goal of total customer satisfaction. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed 9 August 2013

My wife and I graduated from MSU in the 60's but never had stayed at the Kellogg Center. Now we can't wait to return. Beautiful room and outstanding service. It's no wonder MSU's school of Hotel and Restaurant Management is considered one of the finest in the world, this is where the students learn their craft. We have been fortunate to be able to travel all over the world and believe the Kellogg Center is a "World Class Hotel". There is really not much more to say.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your enthusiastic review of our hotel. We're so happy that we were able to contribute to making your visit to your Alma Mater a positive experience and we look forward to serving you again in the future.