“All we are is dust in the wind...”

and 1 more site!
Kellogg Hotel And Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in East Lansing
Reviewed 2 February 2014

This hotel would've received a very very very good rating had it not been for the obvious lack of cleaning in the room. I liked everything else about it. The location was great as we were there to visit MSU, the staff couldn't have been nicer and accommodating the breakfast in the restaurant was very good as well. Back to location- it's close to the Breslin center and a short walk to Grand River Ave (shops and restaurants)- free parking as a guest of the hotel- which was a nice perk. I don't like to pay for parking when I'm already paying to sleep. A big plus with me!
Now back to the reason for the average rating-out room was dusty! Not like a days worth of dust but dust like no one has been in the room for awhile,and in obvious areas. I really don't look for these types of things when staying in hotels• I realize that there is going to be almost an acceptable amount of dirt- so I'm not really that particular nor am I that prudish so when the mirror in the bathroom fogged from the shower and a sketch drawing of a particular part of the male anatomy appeared along with some written commentary me and my family got a good laugh but wanted to alert the front desk upon checkout so that some less understanding family wouldn't find it. Again the front desk staff were wonderful and apologetic. Overall I would stay here again for the convenience and the attentiveness of the staff.

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank goneinsixtyseconds
Rebecca S, Manager at Kellogg Hotel And Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

On behalf of the staff here at Kellogg, please accept my apology for your recent experience while staying with us. I have shared your comments with our housekeeping department and they will be used as we continue to train our staff and fine tune our services. I am happy to hear that you found your stay otherwise enjoyable and look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

The room was small but nice. I had a king size bed and a desk as chair. It was very conveniently located to MSU. I did not like that the shower was not separated but right in the bathroom. This was not ideal and one had to be careful anti nit getting ones feet wet.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Kellogg. Our standard bathrooms are on the small size and European in design in order to best utilize the space. We do have rooms with tubs that can be requested at the time of reservation. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

The service staff are very nice. The hotel is nice but a little 80's in my opinion. The rooms are fine and decorated okay but are small. There is quite a bit of shelving in it which doesnt help. The bathrooms are unusual in that the shower goes directly onto the bathroom floor with just a curtain ineffectively preventing the water from getting over the entire floor. It isnt good design. On the upside the fixtures are spa-like and there is a nice light in the "shower" - I dont know why all showers dont have lights in them. There were nice Tarroco products in it which smelled like orange. The rooms were clean except that when I opened the closet a light automatically flipped on and showed a spare blanket with long hairs all over it (yuck) that obviously needed washing. I would stay there again if I had to - it was ok but nothing special in my opinion.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank lo d
Rebecca S, General Manager at Kellogg Hotel And Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

I'm sorry to hear that you found our bathroom design unsatisfactory. Although the space is small, we have tried to utilize the area in the most efficient way possible. We do offer rooms with bathtubs which can be requested when making a reservation or at check-in based on availability.

Each and every one of our guests' experiences is of the utmost importance to us and I appreciate you taking the time to provide specific feedback.

Reviewed 23 December 2013

Ultra clean. Well-organized. First Class customer service. Friendly customer service. Good linens. Quality amenities. Great room layouts. Quiet rooms. Excellent location on the Northeast edge of Michigan State University campus.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Rebecca S, Manager at Kellogg Hotel And Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Thank you for your kind remarks regarding our hotel. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed 16 December 2013

I have now stayed in the Kellogg Center three times as a judge for the Odyssey of the Mind World Finals and of the hotels in the current rotation, it is by far my favorite. In fact, part of the judges stay in the Marriott in East Lansing, but my parents and I always ask to stay in the Kellogg Center. Two of the times I've stayed, we were in the suite which worked out well. The last time we were in a standard room which was very tight for the three of us (not the hotel's fault as they do not make the room assignment), but was fine really as we weren't in the room very much. I don't mind the bathrooms at all, even though I'm a bit of a klutz and a slick bathroom floor isn't ideal for me. I love the restaurant in the hotel and I eat there as many times as I can while I'm there. The staff has always been great. I look forward to staying there again in 2015 when we return to East Lansing for World Finals.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Rebecca S, Manager at Kellogg Hotel And Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We're so happy that you enjoyed your visit to campus during the Odyssey of the Mind competition and that you chose to stay at the Kellogg Center. We look forward to your return visit in 2015!

Reviewed 9 December 2013

Stayed here back in Sept. 2013, for a wedding. The hotel welcome was great, and my request for a high floor was fulfilled. The room was nice a corner king, with great views of the campus. The bathroom shower was a little weird and like other reviewers have said can make a mess of the bathroom floor with water. We had a breakfast buffet in the morning and it was great lots of variety to choose from. The gift shop is great a full of all kinds of souvenirs. I'm not sure if there was a pool or not I didn't see one during my short stay but that's ok. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone coming to MSU.

Room Tip: Book a corner king, compared to the standard room you'll enjoy the extra space.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Rebecca S, Manager at Kellogg Hotel And Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will choose to stay with us again when you visit East Lansing!.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

My husband and I have stayed at the Kellogg twice since my daughter became a student at MSU this fall. Both times we stayed in larger luxury rooms which are still a great value at the special MSU family rate and much larger than the standard rooms. We found the rooms very comfortable and nicely decorated and I like the bathrooms with no tub. The one thing that really makes the Kellogg great is their staff. We had two rooms last time and they could not get them on the same floor because they had a large conference booked in the hotel. So they upgraded one of the rooms to a suite, for the same rate. The suite was huge and very nice. We ate dinner in the State Room that night and it was very nice, if a little expensive. But the food was excellent as was our waiter. The next morning when we went down for breakfast, they couldn't seat our large group in the dining room, so they seated us in one of the conference rooms. It was actually very nice, like having our own private dining room. I expect that we will be visiting campus quite a lot over the next four years and we will try to stay at the Kellogg.

• Stayed: November 2013
Rebecca S, Manager at Kellogg Hotel And Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

We're so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our staff to be so accommodating. We always strive to go the extra mile in Delivering Outstanding Spartan Experiences to all our guests, and hearing feedback such as yours makes it all worthwhile.

Also consider these accommodations in or near East Lansing
Hampton Inn East Lansing
Hampton Inn East Lansing
#1 of 9 in East Lansing
Radisson Hotel Lansing at the Capitol

Been to Kellogg Hotel And Conference Center? Share your experiences!