This hotel would've received a very very very good rating had it not been for the obvious lack of cleaning in the room. I liked everything else about it. The location was great as we were there to visit MSU, the staff couldn't have been nicer and accommodating the breakfast in the restaurant was very good as well. Back to location- it's close to the Breslin center and a short walk to Grand River Ave (shops and restaurants)- free parking as a guest of the hotel- which was a nice perk. I don't like to pay for parking when I'm already paying to sleep. A big plus with me!
Now back to the reason for the average rating-out room was dusty! Not like a days worth of dust but dust like no one has been in the room for awhile,and in obvious areas. I really don't look for these types of things when staying in hotels• I realize that there is going to be almost an acceptable amount of dirt- so I'm not really that particular nor am I that prudish so when the mirror in the bathroom fogged from the shower and a sketch drawing of a particular part of the male anatomy appeared along with some written commentary me and my family got a good laugh but wanted to alert the front desk upon checkout so that some less understanding family wouldn't find it. Again the front desk staff were wonderful and apologetic. Overall I would stay here again for the convenience and the attentiveness of the staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Michigan State University hotel gives you access to the best in Spartan activities and attractions in East Lansing, Michigan. Kellogg Hotel & Conference Center's prime location on the MSU campus gives you proximity to cultural, educational and athletic events, unique shopping, numerous dining options, museums and much more. Accommodations The Kellogg Center has 160 comfortable, contemporary guestrooms that boast pay-per-view movies, Wi-Fi, flat-screen televisions, plush bedding and more. Dining Housed in the Kellogg Hotel & Conference Center, the State Room Restaurant and lounge is one of the finest restaurants in the area, with an award-winning wine list, diverse seasonal menus, and private dining rooms. The restaurant received the 2015 Award of Excellence from Wine Spectator magazine for the tenth year in a row. Gift Shop The Shop at Kellogg carries a wide variety of MSU logoed clothing, gifts, and souvenirs, as well as sundries, magazines, newspapers, books and an assortment of snack items. Hours are 7 a.m.-7 p.m. Monday-Thursday, 7 a.m.-7 p.m. Friday and Saturday, and 7 a.m.-3 p.m. on Sunday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Kellogg Hotel And Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kellogg Hotel And East Lansing
- Kellogg Hotel East Lansing