“will not return”

Candlewood Suites - East Lansing M.S.U
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in East Lansing
Reviewed 29 December 2012

Very disappointed from the moment we stepped into the lobby. Our room was located righ next to the laundry room and all we could hear was the humming off the dryers and the loud mouths of the employees. Our view was the underneath of bridge just 20ft from the window. The place was filthy and had a terrible odor. I have never stayed at such a disgusting place and I cant believe all the positive reviews you people must have never stayed at a nice hotel before. Stay as far as you can from this place!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank wesnbec8998
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites - East Lansing M.S.U, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2013

Dear wesnbec8998,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. My apologies for the inconvenience you experienced with the noise and the condition of our property. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 14 September 2012

I love the Candlewood Suites chain; have never had a bad experience when staying with them all over the country. But this place was amazing! The hotel is on the Michigan State campus right next to a golf course; really beautiful. The hotel common areas are bright, colorful, and extremely clean. There were several luggage trolleys available at all hours. Oh, and the staff couldn't have been better -- helpful, very nice, and often very funny! I'd go back here in a heartbreat! Five-star accomodations at a three-star price...or less! :)

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2012

Had a very pleasant 2 night stay here last week. Each room is a mini-suite with a full kitchen. Ours was all in one room, but that was fine. The rooms have a nice recliner in the corner, free Wi-Fi of course, and even included a package of microwave popcorn in the oven. Our stay was enhanced by the particularly nice staff. Kudos to them. Guests may also eat at the Univ. Club which is all attached in one complex. That was a plus and the food was excellent. The dining room overlooks the pools and the golf course for ambiance, and the waitress we had for Saturday breakfast was also particularly pleasant and helpful. We were there for a wedding which was held on premise, so it was very convenient to celebrate, and then just walk a couple of hundred yards back our room. Worth a stay even if you're just passing through for a one nighter.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank ndmVt
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Spent the evening at this lovely hotel in East Lansing, on our way to see a show at the Wharton Center. Very quiet location, extremely comfortable, pillow-topped queen bed, recliner (!) chair, free internet, CD player in room, MP-3 player hookup on clock-radio, and very friendly and sincere staff. Loved that it was off the beaten path and QUIET - what a treat! They also have a nice selection of CDs and DVDs/videotapes to borrow for free in the lobby and a small store with a good selection of snacks, breakfast items, ice cream and sodas at reasonable prices. Coffee and tea are available free 24/7. Breakfast is not included but there is a full kitchen in each one room suite and enough things to buy in the little store in the lobby for a quick early rising nosh. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on 3rd floor are quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 April 2012

Everyone here was helpful & friendly. The "suite" was small,but really clean and on the ground floor. We only brought our dog this time, but I inquired and they do take cats--$25 pet fee. You get free membership to the University Club next door,too.

Room Tip: Join the priorty club free and get free upgrades; unfortunately they put animals only on the ground...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 March 2012

I just stayed here and the room was great. It has a full kitchen if you would be planning on staying an extended amount of time. Comfortable bed, nice towels, coffee pot,and pop corn for the microwave. Coffee is also available in the lobby area. I booked a room at Quality Suites for a Park and Fly out of the Lansing airport. I had called the Quality 800 number. I was told to call one week before my stay and let them know when my flight was. I called one week before and I was rudely told the Park and Fly was full. So I got on the phone and started calling other hotels. Will, the desk manager was SO helpful. I loved the GREAT service I received. The shuttle was ready to take me to the airport at 4:10 am and they will pick me up when my flight arrives back in Lansing. I would absolutely stay at this hotel again! The only issue - it is a "green" hotel. They don't have ice machines. I had to wait about 45 minutes for my icemaker in the refrigerator to make ice. This wasn't a problem for me. Just wanted to let you know.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank sterlingbaby
Reviewed 25 February 2012

Staff was friendly and helpful as they were students from The School of Hospitality Business at MSU. The location is somewhat removed and on the campus border which seemed to be a negative for us. The hotel is connected to the University Club which does provide good dining options but nothing is complimentary.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Residence Inn East Lansing
#2 of 9 in East Lansing
East Lansing Marriott at University Place
TownePlace Suites East Lansing

Been to Candlewood Suites - East Lansing M.S.U? Share your experiences!