Super 8 East Lansing/University Area
US$271
US$254
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Residence Inn East Lansing(East Lansing)
US$202
US$147
Travelocity
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 August 2012

I drive buses for a charter service, so parking is something I look for. The bus parking in the back was nice. Pulling onto the property there was a 5gal bucket with caution tape warped around it to show you where a grate had fallen into the drain. When I left after the week it was still there. The bed seemed nice and it did have a flat screen TV. Now for the rest. Hot water was barely warm at best. The floor by the bath felt soft like it was about to give way. There was an unsecured attic entrance in the bath area. The bath door was a metal door. Coffee maker had no coffee or cups. When we did get coffee for the last morning it tasted like it was 10 years old. Cracks in the support beams. Water damage on the outside. Out of date inspections and needing charge fire extinguishers. Missing fire extinguishers. Missing light covers. Garbage and cigaret butts everywhere. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank AlfredK456
Reviewed 17 July 2012

I planned to stay here after hiking the MSU spur of the Lansing River Trail based on the online advertised price of 42-43 dollars. Got there and was told that there was only one single-bed room left at 57 (this was a week day), but figured I should have made a reservation. Got to my room and found a plugged/leaky sink. No trim on the edge of the bathtub where there should have been tiles, just exposed underflooring. Uncomfortable bed. Backed-up toilet. Coffee maker didn't work. Continental breakfast in lonely little side room with sticky tables and fruit flies (probably encouraged by the propped-open door). Overripe bananas plopped in with good ones. I felt compelled to smell the milk before using it. This motel would have been *barely* tolerable at 40, let alone the 65.53 I ended up paying after taxes.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 May 2012

Booked a King Bed room. Found a Double sized bed. The check-in person was not helpful at all. Told me That is a King Room. I tried to explain to her that a King Size bed was not in the room....finally changed rooms to 2 Queen beds. Sheets were stained. Not fitted and kept coming off the mattress all night long while I tried to sleep. As for their breakfast-what a joke!!! Served in an unoccupied room next to the check-in area. Felt better washing my face at the iHop the next morning then I did there.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 October 2011

Dirty rooms, terrible customer service, broken beds, carpets were filthy, and the rooms smelled as if they hadn't been cleaned in years. Overpriced, and the workers were rude. I have never had stayed in a more disgusting place in my life. I will never go back and would never advise anyone to go there. Sleeping in my car would have been better.

Room Tip: Never go here. Ever.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2011

First of all the room was advertised for $48.00 online turns out it really was 101!! Totally not even worth the $48.00. My sister's bed was not made, housekeeping just put the comforter over the sheets and I guess hoped no one would notice. My bed was made, like the sheets were tucked in looked like no one had slept in it, however when I took the comforter off, the blanket and the top sheet there was two huge blood spots on my bed!! It was disgusting and I've never been more sick with a hotel room until then! Not only that but the room smelled like smoke and butt! It is a good thing that we always bring our own blankets and pillows, otherwise I would have spent the night in my car!

When we went to the office to let staff know what happened they apologized and said they check almost all the rooms after housekeeping cleans them, I'm sorry but that is bs! They did give us a new room but it wasn't that much better. The bathroom fan was shooting sparks out of it! Seriously worst experience I've ever had at a motel/hotel.

If you MUST stay here I advise you to bring all your own blankets, sheets, and cleaning supplies! I honestly would not take the chance, seriously you would be better off in your own car.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family