“Romantic Stay at the Wild Goose Inn”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in East Lansing
Wild Goose Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 East Lansing B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 March 2012

I planned a surprise romantic stay at the Wild Goose Inn for my husband and I to enjoy on a weeknight evening together. From the very beginning of planning our night, Al and his staff went out of their way to respond to any questions I had about reservations, food served for breakfast (I am a … read morevegetarian), and parking. We stayed in the Autumn Arbor room which was BEAUTIFULLY and uniquely decorated (LOVE THE BED) and included so many extra amenities that we never wanted to leave! Al thought of everything a person would want or need when staying away from home. Our room had lovely flowers greeting us upon our arrival, candles galore, a cork screw, bath salts, soaps and lotions to use in the enormous tile shower, plush robes, and of course the fireplace at the foot of the bed could not be beat.

I brought all of our food for our evening and Al was gracious in allowing me to use his kitchen for the final prep before serving. The spa tub was heaven and I would recommend long soaks by candlelight to anyone who stays here in the future. The breakfast left us feeling nourished and full (thank you Paul, we are still thinking about those delicious muffins!) and we wished that we could have been staying many more nights instead of having to check out that day. Our plan is to come back to the Wild Goose at least 2 more times this year and we are already looking at dates on our calendar. Whether you are driving great distances or live locally, we highly recommend this bed and breakfast. We have stayed at many throughout our great state and this inn is at the top of our list! Well done Al!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bettyloug

Reviewed 12 February 2012

We came for an orientation weekend and left the kids in capable hands on campus while we went to the Wild Goose Inn.

Wonderful experience. Rooms are great. Al was a tremendous host. Breakfast was yummy.
All in all the perfect blend a comfort and access - laid back yet luxurious.

Room Tip: all the rooms are different - the web site is accurate in terms of photos.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mary S
Reviewed 23 January 2012

I have had the pleasure of staying at this inn three times now, each time for about a week.

I was under a great deal of stress, dealing with issues of my mother's health, and the state of her home prevented my staying with her.

There really are not a lot of choices for a traveller around Lansing if you prefer a more ambient environment. I do not like generic hotels, and prefer a personal feel about my quarters.

This inn delivers that and then some.

Each room has a different theme. I highly recommend the Great Lakes Room or the Summer Safari. These were definitely my favorites, although I stayed in nearly all the rooms and found each to have it's charm. The great Lakes room affords a privacy that makes you feel you are in your own house.

The breakfast is good, and the coffee is excellent.

Your host is most charming and kind and it can be hard to tear yourself away from the conversations. These folks made me feel so welcome and kept me de-stressed in a stressful time.

I cannot recommend this Inn enough. My friends who stopped in to visit were equally impressed by the rooms. The fireplaces and decks/patios are so nice. I will always stay here when I go to East Lansing.

Room Tip: Great Lakes room is imho the best. If it's summer the room downstairs with the hosta garden is n...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank djunalu
Reviewed 4 January 2012

This is a really wonderful bnb. we stayed in the autumn arbor room and it was beautiful. I just wish we had booked two nights :) Al the host was very kind and it was a wonderful experience. I would highly recommend this bed and breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mimi723
Reviewed 17 November 2011

My husband and I stayed here one night to celebrate our anniversary. It wasn't too far from home and it served well for our first night away from our baby. We stayed in the Summer Safari room and found the room and tiled bathroom to be great. There were plush leopard bathrobes too! We used the whirlpool tub and they set tea lights all around it. Even though it was summertime we used the fireplace right after our bath. For breakfast we sat at our own little table and a waiter came and took our breakfast order. It was better than expected! We liked the finishing touches that came with it-a pewter goose pick in the fruit. Overall it was a very clean comfortable room. We would stay here again, although we would probably choose one of the other rooms just for something different!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2011

My husband and I stayed here for an overnight. We found the inn online and the pictures were very thorough. However, they didn't even do it justice! Each room has a huge (really, huge) jetted hot tub that is in its own area, apart from the bathroom, as well as a fireplace and television. The decor is lovely and you can tell someone painstakenly labored over it (we stayed in the autumn arbor room - LOVELY!), and the owner is gracious and kind. The price is VERY reasonable compared to B&B's we've stayed at in the past and prices I was looking at for this time.

Breakfast was scrumptious and filling, and there are plenty of things to do within walking distance. It is right off if the MSU campus. This is very nice if you are visiting. The only drawback, however, was that it's across the street from some frat houses. We could hear a bit of that noise, but honestly not much. We thought parking might be an issue when we arrived, but they validated for us in the adjacent lot.

A wonderful place for a getaway. Lovely, private, peaceful. Will go again.

• Stayed: February 2011
2  Thank Driveswithkids
Reviewed 6 July 2011

I stayed in the Summer Safari Inn during my daughter's freshman orientation at MSU. I thought it would be awkward staying there by myself, but it wasn't. I was pleasantly surprised with the skylights in the bathroom and the beautiful stone tile shower stall (complete with a bench and rainlike shower head). My room was on the 2nd floor of the main house and had a cute little balcony overlooking the patio. While I was there I noticed the owner and staff setting up the barbecue for other guests who were staying there. This was just a hint of their awesome hospitality! Thankfully the rooms have air conditioners... while I was there it was in the 90s. There is also an electric fireplace and a huge jacuzzi in the room. The pictures don't do it justice... it's very roomy! The bed was soft and comfortable. Tealight candles are everywhere...making the entire room very romantic. Citywide parking is available in the lot next door and the inn discounts your parking for you! Breakfast in the morning was amazing! The handmade muffins are delicious as was everything else... I had the french toast... very good! Plus you get coffee, juice and fresh fruit. The owner was very helpful with suggestions of places to shop. Your in the middle of downtown, close to lots of shops, restaurants and bars. Around the corner on Grand River is a convenience store which came in handy for me. Across the parking lot is a nice restaurant, a coffee shop, and an MSU apparel store. All in all, I will not even bother looking for another place to stay when I go to visit my daughter at college... Wild Goose Inn is where I will be!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
#1 of 9 in East Lansing
University Quality Inn
University Quality Inn
#13 of 26 in Lansing

Been to Wild Goose Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!